Slugfest, still no pxp

whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
not a big deal but leads me to believe there won’t be any in woh royale either, which is a real bummer! Really thought with adding it to season mode it would be go time.

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yup, capped a few sluggos for a sneak reaping of pxp today with field pass' help this weekend. Too bad.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited July 2019
    What really gets me is capping all the sluggers I got every week in hopes of having a strong slugger roster for when they do release PXP. All that XP & EVO wasted for nothing and the way they keep us guessing makes it hard to not pay attention to sluggers because for all we know they could change it back in the 20 version. The only solace I have is that I was silver at the time so not as much resources wasted.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

What should have been the first hint is that ML slugging is barely on par anymore with that of the reward player of the last 4-5 weeks, even after max getting boosted twice.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Me too houmy, luckily the players haven’t gotten much better, I just went gold too so all my resources are tied up with my main club right now. Only moved 3 players up to gold 1 for now...so atleast this gives me time.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I maintain that its not coming anytime soon and it will certainly not come before its given in royale woh.   
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
     Level 3-8, well atleast we get to play against primes..lol
    edited July 2019
    I got to 5.8 yesterday (Orlando Cepeda). Haven't cycled since Bregman was reward and I was clearly outclassed. There are legends starting in I believe tier 4. Brett Butler of all people is one lol.
    Also, WTH is Jessie Cisneros??
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    He's so random, he doesn't even get a pic! 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Now, it won't even matter if they give SF pxp. Almost everyone has given up on it by now, since it serves no purpose currently. If they give SF pxp now, everyone will be too far behind to even bother with it. The only way to beat SF is with good sluggers, and the only way to get good sluggers is through SF, so it's an endless circle that can't be entered. So SF is definitely worthless at this point.
    @BlackFang4 They could have bumped ML slugging. I find it hard to believe as the max increases slugging wouldn't. At g10 mine is at 193 which is same as regular Trout and Muncy you can pull from a draft pick, and same they have been since game was released yet ML has received two bumps in overall.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @dustyhunks I agree that they should bump the ML slugging, but that alone will not give players a bump they need to beat SF. My point was that the entire event is toast at this point. They either needed to add small amounts of pxp earlier or made it not useless in some other way.
    I think it will require gold boost now for me to do so. But all it would take is that one current slugger to be back in the game. If I have a good Monday WoH I plan on focusing on SF Wednesday. I only tried once yesterday and regret it. Got fixated on new WoH pitchers...
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I dont think thats an actual player lol
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Glu's treatment of Slugfest is really strange.  Would be better to just shut it down in my opinion.  I know I regret the 2000 - 3000 gold I spent on it before going gold...and I know I'm 100% content with my decision to abandon Slugfest upon going gold. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I'm banking on slugfest upping the rewards and this investment paying off. If it doesn't, oh well. That's why I've stayed at Gold to see how this plays out and capping 1 slugger a week has never caused a resource shortage. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    I'm banking on slugfest upping the rewards and this investment paying off. If it doesn't, oh well. That's why I've stayed at Gold to see how this plays out and capping 1 slugger a week has never caused a resource shortage. 
    but didn't spend to much getting all the 5*s huh???
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Not really. If you keep up with it, you can cycle with no, to little, gold spent, just by timing out video restarts. 5.9 & 5.10 are the only real toss ups. You can go 10/10, and still lose those in overall distance if you nerf 1 or 2 and dont get max distance 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JCAM80 said:

The last guy I have is Gallo...looks like I won't be THAT far behind if slugfest ever becomes relevant again. 
    edited July 2019
    On top of field pass now discounting capping in gold 11k per slugger if you arent interested in cycle capping. @Metsicans
    JCAM80 said:
    None of those guys are from draft picks.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    None of those guys are from draft picks.
    Right but what did you have to do "spend" to cycle …..
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Well, in the beginning when most of us that played slugfest were building teams we bought a bunch of #1 picks when they went on sale during 2x gold events. I pulled probably half dozen 5 stars from 5k gold spent or so. The issue for me was going gold and waiting 6 weeks to cap another slugger. I had the XP but just about gave up when it seemed clear pxp was not coming to SF.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I cycle SF in gold with 0 boosts. I have essentially the same sluggers as above. Haven't missed a player in SF since it started. Its about 50k bxp to cap from g1 to g10 but I usually  cycle cap the last  4 levels to save a good portion of that. The new sluggers can out hit the legends and primes usually.  Without a boost I can hit over 6000 with Edwin or Chapman. Still took a few looses  yesterday due to distance but I always have my video for  5-10 and when you lose they  almost always miss 1 on the reply.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited July 2019
    So still no pxp. I am guessing primes will come at some point soon. Perez works out to 212 overall capped in gold with 217 being the overall for 370 max primes from months ago. If of course any of this correlates with sluggos.

I have a second account in bronze I'm going to try to cycle SF with only a single 5 star guy, 1 4.5 star and 4 4 star. I'm experienced in 19 but wonder what options new to game players will have out of the gate. I honestly don't think I will be able to cycle with what I've got without spending gold. Probably a 10% chance I do.