Gold derby battles...holy cow!

Comments

• Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    App crashed on me during what should have been back-to-back wins.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, it’s probably just my connection 🙄.  I’m done with the new Slugfest option.  Sent in my ticket asking if they can reset me to the time before the event started.  Good luck to everyone still risking their gold and hoping it works how it’s supposed to.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Okay okay, Glu and I are friends again ....

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Stickers in the middle of 2 nice bookends hahahahah
    I got 400 gold! Non VIP I guess
    benny100 said:
    I got 400 gold! Non VIP I guess
    It appears to be based on the number of battles you did. 
    Yeah - I did 4 and stopped after seeing all the crash reports - makes sense
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Glad I kept up with slugfest....but it’s been win then crash lose then win then crash lose...
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I want the 360 gold I won wtf. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited July 2019
    After winning 2 matches and having the app crash on me before the awards could be registered, I guess I am done with this for now.  Love the idea if they could get it to work properly though.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    By the way, I can't tell you how much I love the way the BP pitcher randomly throws in a blazing fastball after 3-4 slow pitches just to keep you on your toes.  You know, just like a real BP pitcher would during an actual HR derby.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    This was a terrible idea.
    Well, another crash...

• sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    @buddydave I feel like they could be said about the update
  • RichNorwoodRichNorwood Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Got 700, 3 boxes, and 2500 pxp, at least they rewarded us with something decent
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Just crashed after a win, no gold.....
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Anyone else besides me and Richnowood get a gift? 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Never even started for me 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Overall, this is a great idea! This is more exciting than the most recent update in my opinion, and I'd love to see it come back. The best thing that they've done with sluggers the whole year.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I love that they did this for a whopping 2 hours while I'm still at work. Super exciting.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I played one, got the win, then retired... like Pujols should.  Had little lag for once on the droid.  Never got a win in 17 playing for gold.
    Just no.  
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    For the sake of saying it, thank you to everyone who dives into these things head first with high levels of excitement. Obviously it helps to see how it will all work out, but reading the process going from extreme optimism to sheer anger is a lot of fun. 
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    For the sake of saying it, thank you to everyone who dives into these things head first with high levels of excitement. Obviously it helps to see how it will all work out, but reading the process going from extreme optimism to sheer anger is a lot of fun. 
    They never learn. Lol 😂
    Cooz19 said:
    They never learn. Lol 😂
    True, but still ended up with more than 500 gold and 2500 pxp than what we started with. It worked out ok. This time, anyways. :)
    For the record, I just got my gold refunded for the most recent crash and they threw in 3k pxp. Kudos to GLU for making things right. Hopefully, things will go smooth the next time they run gold battles.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Can’t complain too much...
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Y'all did better off than me. I got NO gift because I never played. Why did I not play you ask? This is why...
    and YES that was in the two hour window. CS is ghosting me. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Well, you didn't get anything taken away or placed in jail, @KSMETS. Not a real high bar here. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    Y'all did better off than me. I got NO gift because I never played. Why did I not play you ask? This is why...
    and YES that was in the two hour window. CS is ghosting me. 
    Gold battles only gets activated when your slugger strength is higher than 13600. Sorry buddy. 😏
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    That could be but if I want to waste gold on a battle with my torn down slugger roster how is it there's to say no? Lord knows they like getting that gold back I buy. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    then retired... like Pujols should.  
    😑 I'm watching you, pal 🧐
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71