Best way to acquire new players?

XMillerLiteXXMillerLiteX Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
I’m just trying to figure out the best way to get new, high level players. Every time I get a number one draft pick, it’s always a 3.5 star guy. What boxes do I need to buy to get high level players?

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    gold, gold, gold, gold and then luck on the mystery boxes
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • XMillerLiteXXMillerLiteX Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Well I have earned almost 3,000 in gold. So buy the 1,400 gold Players of the Month box? Are there better boxes to wait for? Only buy mystery boxes and avoid buying player boxes?
  • estuardo90estuardo90 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Potm are decent. But their levels drop after the month is over. I'd say the Monday through Friday boxes. 
  • 4SHIZZOMYRIZZO444SHIZZOMYRIZZO44 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Play WOH and Cycle if able to. If you can't cycle HOF. Keep cycling Classic and take chances on the box for a chance at the prime player reward. 
    The furthest I’ve ever gotten on WoH is the fourth round in medium difficulty levels. My team strength is 36,442.  I have a Prime DJ Lemahieu, and a max overall Fernando Tatis, other than that, just normal players. 
  • 4SHIZZOMYRIZZO444SHIZZOMYRIZZO44 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Match up your players righty vs lefty and save your skilled players for the final rounds. People post in the forum the pitching match up's for every WOH day. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The furthest I’ve ever gotten on WoH is the fourth round in medium difficulty levels. My team strength is 36,442.  I have a Prime DJ Lemahieu, and a max overall Fernando Tatis, other than that, just normal players. 

Cycle through warmup WOH if you can’t beat classic. Warmup gives you a 25% chance at the classic player. I did this before I got strong enough to beat classic. 

Also, the game gives out boxes and draft picks multiple times a week. Make sure you login every day to get the picks. Just keep getting them and improving your team. I have bought a few boxes when hunting for a good pitcher. Other than that, all my hitters are specialty guys earned from the free boxes, WOH, or CVC boxes. 
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I followed exactly what @sullipa8 did, took chances beating warm up to get good players from WOH & now I can cycle classic. Also watching videos to buy boxes on Monday & Wednesday, sometimes the weekend. Play all the events like CVC, WOH, and pick up the gifts, it’s a slow start process that speeds up once you get going 
    I try do to all the events as they come. So I guess I’ll just keep grinding along. As well at work the lower difficulty levels of WoH 
    So right now there is a Cubs vs Padres box and a Bazooka box. The odds of a top tier player are very low, but are those boxes worth buying or pass on them?
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Yeah I wasn't able to beat WoH classic until just recently.  Lots of threads to read on here that are so helpful.  There's one that gets a bump every Monday and Wednesday it seems.  I blame that on @retirepujols he's the worst!! :D
    Just no.  
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    So right now there is a Cubs vs Padres box and a Bazooka box. The odds of a top tier player are very low, but are those boxes worth buying or pass on them?

The boxes are a decent way to get players.  If you have 3000 gold, then I would wait for fan rewards to start, then buy 5 of the Bazooka boxes.  That will cost you 2500 gold, but then you will earn the fan rewards boxes (usually two or three more boxes).  If you do this, you will have opened 8 boxes, and odds are good that you will acquire a good player. 

You could end up with nothing, that's the risk.  I'd be grinding the videos this weekend, trying to accumulate more gold.  The game is all about gold.

Also hook up with a good club if you can.  For the weekend, consider finding a gold or platinum club where you can win a CVC round and get the rewards.  It's probably worth hopping around this weekend to see if there are any dead clubs where nobody is playing CVC.  Some people think it's poor etiquette to "steal" a CVC round from a club that is playing, but I think dead clubs are fair game.     

At the risk of looking like an idiot I’ll be honest and admit I’m not familiar with the fan rewards boxes. 

I do plan on spamming the videos, and have done a few surveys this morning too. 

Lastly, I’m on my third club in four weeks. So far every club I’ve joined has been pretty crappy and gets me 20,000 “dollars” and 500 exp or something like that for rewards 
    Ok, I totally figured out what you meant with the fan rewards boxes. Just need a few more gold and I can do it
    Got right bazooka boxes, got one total player. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Lucky you got 1. Some people have opened 10-15+ and haven’t gotten any
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    That’s a good start for you, especially if you pulled a hitter. If you got a cvc bonus guy, use him to score cvc points and win some mvp or high rounds. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019
    To be honest, I wouldn't worry about buying boxes just yet. It sounds like you've already done so, and that's fine, but it seems like you're fairly new to the game. I'm guessing you're a bronze team, and if I were in your shoes I would just try to play the game frequently and get an understanding of the game itself. The more you play, the more you'll pull 4/5 star players from first round picks. I would focus on that and learning the different game modes before going after boxes and prime players. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Metsicans said:
    That’s a good start for you, especially if you pulled a hitter. If you got a cvc bonus guy, use him to score cvc points and win some mvp or high rounds. 
    I’ve got Josh Donaldson, 50,000 per hit. I’ve been spamming prime games with him batting leadoff. It says my rank is 580, my prime points are 2,760 (whatever that means), my club is currently ranked 47, my contribution is 1,756,548, and my club has 13,940,242 as of right now. 
    -retirepujols-

I am a Silver-Level 2 Pro. 
    164 wins, 25 loses. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    -retirepujols-

164 wins, 25 loses. 
    That's awesome! The 36k team strength had me thinking you were perhaps a bronze team. Just keep pushing, and new players will arrive 😊 if you can win CVC matches in a gold+ club, those boxes in the rewards are a great help
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    -retirepujols-

164 wins, 25 loses. 
      Listen to retire. Tho I'll add something that helped me early on this season. U asked about that multi pick pack.  It's not a bad deal IF u are fielding mostly 3s and 4s.  Double gold is a really good time to buy those. Unlike the daily boxes, ur guaranteed at least a 4.5 if I remember tho I got a number of 5s. Plus the multi pick is an achievement, so u will get some gold back. 

Still, that's only if u have a lot of weak players.  Otherwise, it's pointless man. 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Plus, don't level up too quickly. I'd recommend staying silver until ur lineup is all 5s. If you're a daily player, find a decent club. Any club that's worth belonging to is gonna get u free picks and 200 gold at least 4 days a week.