New update won't open!!

Comments

• BibbsBibbs Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Oh yeah, I grind every day. #2 in points in my club, second only to a vip. Before this incident I hadn't missed one single day in 3 years. But apparently it might be time to move on...
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    I'm number 2 as well. Tho that first spot is fluid lol. Hell, I hold steady with a couple VIPs who always put up numbers.  Until this week, I've only missed maybe 5 days since April 2018.  
    This has really sucked. Lol
    edited July 2019
    Day number 7. I've been impatiently optimistic lol, but given all the inconsistencies with the emails everyone's getting, I don't think they're really even working on it. Not seriously. Sucks. I've built a decent team and have a decent bit of gold just sitting there 

We've missed out on a week's worth of gifts and rewards. We're missing double gold right now. Yet they're still trying to duplicate the problem.  

Hell, it doesn't even try to load anymore. It doesn't even get past the logo screen. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Day number 7. I've been impatiently optimistic lol, but given all the inconsistencies with the emails everyone's getting, I don't think they're really even working on it. Not seriously. Sucks. I've built a decent team and have a decent bit of gold just sitting there 

We've missed out on a week's worth of gifts and rewards. We're missing double gold right now. Yet they're still trying to duplicate the problem.  

Hell, it doesn't even try to load anymore. It doesn't even get past the logo screen. 
    @DaveMustang I saw there was a post a while back that glu put something in news that if you have a certain app or something on your phone you would not be able to play the game anymore?  Not saying you are cheating/hacking or anything but could that be the problem?  also is your device compatible with the update.

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    edited July 2019
    Yeah. Saw that too. But no, I've never had any cheating apps. Been kicking ass the old fashioned way. Lol

According to glu, my phone should be good. However, I've been wondering.  They're not consistent at all with their replies. Tho there's a guy with a new phone who's having the same issue. Who knows?

Thanks tho, man

edited July 2019
    It's like talking to 10 different people who don't know the other 9 even exist. 

Apparently, it's all people sitting at their own homes with little, if any, oversight by the company. If there was then we wouldn't get responses that are often diametrically opposed to each other. 
    I think they get a cash bonus for every ticket that they close 😂
  • Burf05Burf05 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I keep getting more and more pissed every time I get a notification about free rewards that they are giving out!!  
    Burf05 said:
    I keep getting more and more pissed every time I get a notification about free rewards that they are giving out!!  
     I'm to the point where I don't think many of us are gonna be playing again. At least not any time soon. 
    Agreed Dave. It's almost time to start checking out the other baseball games that are available
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Sam's problem here    android 7.1.1 I think is the problem
    Scott, I'm assuming you have talked to customer service? What was their response to you?
    Sam's problem here    android 7.1.1 I think is the problem
    I know Glu asked me about that. I told them what phone and system. At the time, I was told it's not the problem.  

I'm beginning to think that person didn't know what they were talking about. 
    Bibbs said:
    Agreed Dave. It's almost time to start checking out the other baseball games that are available
    Sucks.  But yeah.  I loved the set up here.  It's been awhile since I've checked tho. There may well be something out there that's not too bad. If nothing else, I'll go back to playing and quitting other games lol. 
    I can not get the game to work on my tablet  which has 7.1.1   but my phone works great.     Have not talked to anyone about it just been reading stuff.   I can not upgrade my tablet to 8 either

Sounds as tho that's the problem then. I don't get why Glu just hasn't said that. 

Oh well...

Dude, I'm glad u can play tho. Seriously. 
    My phone says I have 6.0.1. But I could be wrong, I'm not exactly a techie
    Bibbs said:
    My phone says I have 6.0.1. But I could be wrong, I'm not exactly a techie
    Mine is 7.1.1, but it's up to date.  Nothing more I can do about that short of buying a new phone. That ain't happening anytime soon. 
    I do believe that is the problem guys

• DBsDadDBsDad Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    My problem is that someone knows.  They have programmers.  That's why the longer it goes the less hope I have.   Still they should come out and say what is required of a device to run the app. I always thought if you can download an app, your device is saying it can run it.  Which makes me think its a programmer error that just effecting a small portion, and its just not enough to go through the trouble to fix it. My phone is paid off.  I can get an upgrade, but how do I know that its going to work.  I've have always been able to do anything I have ever wanted on this phone.   Personally I feel like the Customer Service department is playing games.  I mean to me it's obvious.  It truly angers me.  Wish I could play Taps Sports to calm me down.  It's a vicious cycle.  lol

• BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I'm on Android version 9 and have a brand new phone... Again, this makes no sense.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    BurbankCA said:
    I'm on Android version 9 and have a brand new phone... Again, this makes no sense.
    Just out of curiosity, and not making a recommendation here, have you (or any of you) tried a factory reset on your phone? Especially those of you with the game backed up to Facebook/email, and with the ability to back up whatever other crazy 💩 you have on your phone?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Bibbs said:
    I was looking at 9 innings and some other baseball games on the app store the other day, and I saw loads of similar complaints. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I did a factory reset.
  • BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    I have not done a factory data reset... I use my phone A LOT for work and have so much of it stored on my phone, I'm not sure what is and isn't backed up... Plus it takes a long time to download every single app again.
    DBsDad said:
    I did a factory reset.
     Did it work?
    BTW thanks retire. Dude, you've done more than customer service.  Should add "lol" but that's pretty damn sad when u think about. 

Still, it's appreciated. 
    I downloaded my docs and pics, things I didn't want to lose to my pc.  Then I reset the phone.  I had about 8gbs of free space after doing this.  I downloaded taps app and same error. Then I just synced all my old data through my gmail account and it all came back.  But the storage space can't be the issue.
    Well, I think I've figured it out. Like some have said, it's likely got to do with the phone and/or the operating system.  I borrowed a phone and got it running.  

I don't get why Glu couldn't have said that. 

Tho, a couple have said their phones are new. So even that's not definitive, but I'm guessing that's most of our problem.