Hosmer at Gold 10

nexotic1nexotic1 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
Does anyone have a screen shot of what Hosmer at Gold 10 looks like? 

Comments

• EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited July 2019
    If the numbers i have are correct, his G10 numbers would roughly be 240/242/154
    ~UNAGI~
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Multiply by 2.14.  that will give you very nearly exact numbers
  • nexotic1nexotic1 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I have Votto now as my 1B and from what you are saying, they both will have 240 hitting. Might not be worth all that pxp to waste on Hosmer if i already have Votto. But maybe I’m wrong.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    nexotic1 said:
    I have Votto now as my 1B and from what you are saying, they both will have 240 hitting. Might not be worth all that pxp to waste on Hosmer if i already have Votto. But maybe I’m wrong.
    I'd stick with Votto, especially if you play WOH. Votto has double skills that are always active. 
    ~UNAGI~
    @Ebiggz is absolutely right.  Unless your DH spot is bare, he is not a substantial upgrade.
  • nexotic1nexotic1 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    I never knew this. This helps a lot! Thanks man. And yep you guys are right...ill stick to Votto for sure
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    @Tdub71 what are the multipliers for silver, gold ,plat , diamond from base ? 

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    1.61 to s10
    2.14 to g10
    2.82 to p10
    3.66 to d10

Not my original work.  Copied from another thread.  I would love to give credit, but I can't remember who posted this first.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Yes.  Thanks @retirepujols.

@YardGoats, possibly the most useful single piece of info in any thread so far.
    By the way, I see a lot of people mention they can't find a certain thread for helpful information. If you click on the little star to the right of the thread title, it will bookmark the thread for you. I've done this for the thread we're talking about, walk-off hero threads, XP charts, etc. It really helps 😊
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Me too, but I bookmarked the wrong one for this info, and couldn't find the originator.

Thanks for the assist.  I hate to not give credit to the one that did the real work.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    There are loads of people who know a helluva lot more than me about everything, but my thought always was the bonus vs right handed pitchers trumps everything because it seems the game has far more RHP than LHP (That's been my experience at least). Having a double RHP skill is huge. With Votto, you're getting an 18 percent bonus for around 90 percent of his at-bats (and all of them in woh when used vs RHP, which is frequent). That makes his hit 283 and his power 278. Hosmer gets a bonus three innings a game for sure and the other one only goes on if you're losing or winning by 4, which is only valuable in very specific situations. If he does well in those situations, it turns off for the next at-bat. 

Maybe I'm wrong with how this all works, but I'd think a double RHP skill is the best there is, especially for a lefty. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Hosmer's base ratings are real nice, but he'll almost always only be single boosted. Even at gold, if you already have Votto, I wouldn't invest in Hosmer.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @Cooz19 and @DFBB are absolutely right.  Skills mean everything in woh.  My personal favorite is late-inning, since it is always active, and pitching-independent.  I tend to forget my matchups, so I can't depend on myself to get rhp/lhp straight all the time, but if you matchup properly, it is hard to top a double-rhp skill.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    A wise man who really wants a certain aging former superstar on the Angels to end his career once said, "woh is all about matchups." I'd kill for that version of Votto because I don't have great skills against RHP on my roster. It makes woh 5 difficult (read: expensive). And regardless of what the total sum is of a player's rating after the bonus, it just seems the guys with two active bonuses fair better, even if they're hit/power ratings are lower than someone else's. 
    Cooz19 said:
    man who really wants a certain aging former superstar on the Angels to end his career