Outline of cycling Diamond?

Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
I often read a lot where people talk about cycling Diamond to get a poop ton of gold.  I'm currently in G2 and am so cheap I never plan on spending money.  With that in mind, I dont mind grinding to get some good stuff.

Can one of you pros spell it out a  it for us peons? Do you just cycle through the levels (D1-D6)? About how much gold do you get for doing that? About how long does it take to cycle and how many total games do you have to win to cycle? I'm just curious for any and all details for this process.  Appreciate the help in advance.
Prev13

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Thekid84 said:
    I often read a lot where people talk about cycling Diamond to get a poop ton of gold.  I'm currently in G2 and am so cheap I never plan on spending money.  With that in mind, I dont mind grinding to get some good stuff.

Can one of you pros spell it out a  it for us peons? Do you just cycle through the levels (D1-D6)? About how much gold do you get for doing that? About how long does it take to cycle and how many total games do you have to win to cycle? I'm just curious for any and all details for this process.  Appreciate the help in advance.
    You get 7,500 gold for winning the playoffs in diamond (d1-d6), and once you hit d6 you just cycle d6. D4-d6 are 1,000 wins to reach the playoffs, so once you're at d6 you get your 1,000 wins for the playoffs and repeat as often as you can. I just reached d5 yesterday, so I can't comment on the rest 😊
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    1,000 wins takes me about 8 hours total if I'm really hammering it. Can do it in 4 to 6 hours with field pass. Lately though, with a couple of 2x gold weekends I've needed to cycle less and have spent my cash on team upgrades instead of tournaments. Even with a more casual approach, you can still cycle it 3-4 times a week.

Mon - 300 games
    Tue - 300 games
    Wed - 700 games (Royale)
    Thu - 1500 games (Bonus games day)
    Fri - 300 games
    Sat - 300 games
    Sun - 300 games

That's 3700 games or 3-4 cycles. Very doable and won't make you go b*tshit nuts.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    1,000 wins takes me about 8 hours total if I'm really hammering it. Can do it in 4 to 6 hours with field pass. Lately though, with a couple of 2x gold weekends I've needed to cycle less and have spent my cash on team upgrades instead of tournaments. Even with a more casual approach, you can still cycle it 3-4 times a week.

Mon - 300 games
    Tue - 300 games
    Wed - 700 games (Royale)
    Fri - 300 games
    Sat - 300 games
    Sun - 300 games

That's 3700 games or 3-4 cycles. Very doable and won't make you go b*tshit nuts.
    Your casual approach is about my limit 😂 after a few hundred bgs my mind seizes up 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • nelagesbuenonelagesbueno Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    Does the weekday field pass allow you to auto play bonus games?
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    yes it does
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Your first time in diamond you’ll go from D1 to D6 just like any other division.  500/600/800/1,000/1,000/1,000 to get through them.  After you complete D6 one time you’ll continually stay D6 and can collect rewards again once you win another 1,000 games.  Each level provides 7,500 gold and 250,000 blue cash, with D1 to D4 giving 100 bonus games, D5 200 bonus games, and D6 providing 650 evo.  

People have different ways of managing resources to make getting through the divisions work.  You’ll have to be a bit more selective about who you level up and you’ll begin to value cash (for tournaments), bonus games (obviously) and of course gold and until you’ve been through D6 a few times evo is scarce as a blue exp player without any discounts needs 162 evo to get to D1.  I personally set an arbitrary limit on how many bonus games I want to make sure I have (200 for example) and once I get to that point I’ll play some tournaments and hopefully get bonus games from those and push/pull between those to win the amount of games needed to get to the playoffs and collect rewards.  You’ll find out as you go what works for you.

You’ll want at least a few strong bats, and a few pitchers leveled to at least plat 10 to make the initial push, with as many bonus games as you can save for that push (I had 1100 and was able to make that last from G6 playoffs to D5.). 

If you decide to do it there’s quite a few of us here that have made the push over the last 6 to 8 weeks successfully and if you have questions will be able to help you and others who want to do the same.  It’s painful at the start but if you’re willing to put in the grind it’s a lot of fun in the end (not needing to spend as much/much less video watching etc).
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Your first time in diamond you’ll go from D1 to D6 just like any other division.  500/600/800/1,000/1,000/1,000 to get through them.  After you complete D6 one time you’ll continually stay D6 and can collect rewards again once you win another 1,000 games.  Each level provides 7,500 gold and 250,000 blue cash, with D1 to D4 giving 100 bonus games, D5 200 bonus games, and D6 providing 650 evo.  

People have different ways of managing resources to make getting through the divisions work.  You’ll have to be a bit more selective about who you level up and you’ll begin to value cash (for tournaments), bonus games (obviously) and of course gold and until you’ve been through D6 a few times evo is scarce as a blue exp player without any discounts needs 162 evo to get to D1.  I personally set an arbitrary limit on how many bonus games I want to make sure I have (200 for example) and once I get to that point I’ll play some tournaments and hopefully get bonus games from those and push/pull between those to win the amount of games needed to get to the playoffs and collect rewards.  You’ll find out as you go what works for you.

You’ll want at least a few strong bats, and a few pitchers leveled to at least plat 10 to make the initial push, with as many bonus games as you can save for that push (I had 1100 and was able to make that last from G6 playoffs to D5.). 

If you decide to do it there’s quite a few of us here that have made the push over the last 6 to 8 weeks successfully and if you have questions will be able to help you and others who want to do the same.  It’s painful at the start but if you’re willing to put in the grind it’s a lot of fun in the end (not needing to spend as much/much less video watching etc).
    I think one of my biggest concerns are enough resources to level the players...
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Mon - 300 games
    Tue - 300 games
    Wed - 700 games (Royale)
    Fri - 300 games
    Sat - 300 games
    Sun - 300 games

Mon- 0 games (grind WoH for exp)
    Tue- 1,000 (don’t like the prime event so I’ll score enough to contribute but bonus games are a thing)
    Wed- 0-200 games (if I have a bonus guy I’ll throw in a few for Royale otherwise exp grinding WoH)
    Thur- 800-1400 games (bonus Thursday)
    Fri- 600-800
    Sat- 500-600
    Sun- 0 (rest/family day/videos if 2x Gold etc)

All told around 4,000 a week while making sure I don’t go batshit crazy lol.
    As far as leveling players you’ll stick to primarily blue exp players to start, using WoH to grind the exp and cash you’ll need.  Once you’ve got your machine rolling can start to save pxp and target ideal players to use that prime exp on as it’s quite an expensive venture to level a prime though pxp is a bit more available than it was when I went up.
  • Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Do you guys save your bonus games for Wednesday and Thursday? If so, how do you have enough cash throughout the week?
    I don’t personally save them though I’m sure a lot do, I’m able to cycle classic WoH on demand so cash from doing that Mon/Weds provides plenty of that.
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I don’t personally save them though I’m sure a lot do, I’m able to cycle classic WoH on demand so cash from doing that Mon/Weds provides plenty of that.
    How many times do you cycle WoH?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Using field pass from g10 to get 6bxp players to D1 (4 bats, 2 pitchers) will cost 324k bxp, 3840 gold, 768 evo. No idea on cash. 212,800 bxp beyond that to cap at D10 and lots'o'cash I'm sure.

Maybe I won't skip platinum....

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Ever since I went diamond, I've basically stopped doing videos. All your other questions have already been answered. I just want to add that one of the coolest things is that you can splurge on boxes pretty much, every weekend if you so choose. 

@Grippy5 It's reasonable to get anywhere from 1-3mill+ cash from doing WoH each Monday and Weds.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited July 2019
    This past week Monday I went 14 times (had work during the day so missed the first 4 hours), and 9 on Wednesday which was another busy day so I played around 7 hours total.  If I really push it I can make a few million blue cash every WoH day (if difficulty remains similar to what it is now).  I have a lot of time as I’m just now recovering from some injuries it will be less as I take on more work (unfortunately have to work to eat will be hitting that hard very soon lol).
    edited July 2019
    DFBB said:
    Ever since I went diamond, I've basically stopped doing videos. All your other questions have already been answered. I just want to add that one of the coolest things is that you can splurge on boxes pretty much, every weekend if you so choose. 

@Grippy5 It's reasonable to get anywhere from 1-3mill+ cash from doing WoH each Monday and Weds.

This is why I want to do it. Tired of vids and will spend gold probably any time mega pxp box is available or as you said, buy weekend boxes. Definitely so if they are 700-900gold with the larger pxp return if you don't get a player.
    DFBB said:

Yeah I bought over 100 boxes this weekend (though not perfect I really wanted that LH bat, and ended up with Heyward and Paddack capped and Contreras at mid plat).
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:

Yeah I bought over 100 boxes this weekend (though not perfect I really wanted that LH bat, and ended up with Heyward and Paddack capped and Contreras at mid plat).
    I took the weekend off(didn't spend gold) so now, I'm loaded for next weekend. It's very easy to hit the 50k tier if you take one weekend off from spending. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    If you are diamond and watching videos for gold, I can only think of 2 reasons to do so. 

1.  You are doing something with the family and can’t tap as much as you can for games. Would prefer to tap once and then have 30 seconds before tapping again
    2.  You only need 200 gold and you need it quickly for something. 

When you do the math, each division win after diamond 3 is basically the same as 7.5 gold per win. And most can play games faster than they can watch ads. 
    Even at 2x gold if the ad was longer than 15 seconds you get more gold over time playing games.  (Can play a game in 14-18 seconds, 11-15 seconds with field pass)
    When you do the math, each division win after diamond 3 is basically the same as 7.5 gold per win. And most can play games faster than they can watch ads. 

Really a no-brainer when you look at it that way. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    If you are diamond and watching videos for gold, I can only think of 2 reasons to do so. 

1.  You are doing something with the family and can’t tap as much as you can for games. Would prefer to tap once and then have 30 seconds before tapping again

Completely agree. Ads would be irrelevant for most if it weren't for the Android lag.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts

Completely agree. Ads would be irrelevant for most if it weren't for the Android lag.
    The android lag, which I don’t experience, is why I said most can play games faster. I know that some with it can still play 3 games in a minute, which is still better than 2 videos a minute with double gold 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Unlike most if the guys on here I dont get to play woh much at all due to work. Therefore I don’t have any players capped as it us too expensive. That being said I’m about to hit D5. With the proper resources 1k wins isn’t that time consuming and the gold is awesome. I’m glad that I made the jump. It’s better than watching videos for sure. I haven’t really outlined it like the others but I can win 120 games in 30 minutes with no d10 players and only gold 10 pitchers. The playoffs might present a problem but it hasn’t been an issue yet
    @2003cobra What sort of resources did you have when you did decide to go diamond?
    Hardly any. Maybe 1 million cash 500k xp and of course no bonus games. I was and still am resource poor that’s why I wanted to share my experience. I know that u play woh a lot and could stack up resources. The biggest difference is that you have to be more selective when leveling players. I’ll take primes to b10 and xp players to silver 10 if I want to compete. I’m trying to get Monday’s off so that I can get back to woh and load up on resources again. 
    @2003cobra What sort of resources did you have when you did decide to go diamond?
    A high amount of alcohol in my blood stream. 
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    @retirepujols I can relate to that!! I went platinum bc I was drink. Haha
    Less than 20 minutes and only 40 boos at 5-10 but might not have needed it. 
    The path to diamond was much less treacherous a few weeks ago before they increased the difficulty of the last half of level 5 in WOH. You could get by with only platinum hitters, and now I'm afraid you will probably have to have either some primes at low diamond or some 350 guys capped in order to cycle WOH without spilling tons of gold all over the place.