Jeff McNeil

mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
Maaaaan this guy is BEAST! 🤣 glad I only had to spend 800 ish gold cycling today. Speed ridiculously high and blowout skill 🤢
Very disappointing reward today 
Prev1

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Sweet lhb with lhp skill you've got there. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    Sweet lhb with lhp skill you've got there. 
    He’s got an amazing hit tool. I wonder how he would do vs ryu on 6-10
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @retirepujols right! Not a fan of lhb with lhp skill or vice versa rhb/ w rhp skill. Seems to be almost a disadvantage 🤨
    I suppose it could counteract a lhp with lhb skills, if pitchers skills are even a real thing. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Yes that’s what most believe is it does counteract. But who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not convinced most of time the skills even matter all 🤣. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

Absolutely SLAUGHTERED Ryu tonight. He did not let up on Ryu once the score got within 4 or less runs, so I may be a converted believer in the blowout skill now. Makes me think skills don’t turn on / off mid round in WOH despite anything CS might have said at any point in time. 
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Absolutely SLAUGHTERED Ryu tonight. He did not let up on Ryu once the score got within 4 or less runs, so I may be a converted believer in the blowout skill now. Makes me think skills don’t turn on / off mid round in WOH despite anything CS might have said at any point in time. 
    Thanks very glad to hear that. Maybe he was a good get and investment after all. Could be someone like vlad Guerrero. Guerrero hits righties very well even though he’s a righty. 
    You know after comparing Jeffs hits rating with all my other primes his is the best. Maybe he’s not completely terrible after all 
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Anybody with Jeff gold 10?
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I'd imagine it'd work differently in woh than it would compared to, say, primes. If the batter stays the same, it'd make sense that their ratings, at the start of the at-bat, remain constant, so it'd lock into the situation it's facing at the start. In primes, the batter changes, so it would set each bonus at the start of that at-bat. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    What are you looking for? 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    Blowout isn’t all that bad if you think about it... on Mondays, the HOF WOH final round starts down 6 runs with no one on base (I think?) so blowout is actually really useful in this case... I was on the fence with him but a player like this is a solid addition. Glad I got him. 
    @Probodybuilder his stats should be around here at gold

252/224/192   +\- a point or two

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    with a combined hit/power of 478. He is well behind yelich, trout, Alonzo, Arenado, others...
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    JCAM80 said:
    with a combined hit/power of 478. He is well behind yelich, trout, Alonzo, Arenado, others...
    Right, but he’s also worth the investment if you boost his skills and face a LHP in the final two rounds of HOF WOH when you’re down by 4 runs and the blowout skill kicks in... he’ll be right up there with the best of them as of today. 
    JCAM80 said:
    Right, but he’s also worth the investment if you boost his skills and face a LHP in the final two rounds of HOF WOH when you’re down by 4 runs and the blowout skill kicks in... he’ll be right up there with the best of them as of today. 
    But what sucks is that in WOH better odds are Lefty vs Righty and he is a lefty with LHP.. Not saying it doesn't work but ideally not for WOH.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    So ur saying I should blow the dust off this guy and give him go vs Ryu?

edited July 2019
    fahhq2 said:

With double blowout? Probably, yeah. I'm not a Hof guy, perhaps @JEDDDOGGY would be of greater assistance here. 

Edit: I somehow didn't realize @JEDDDOGGY was up there already talking about the blowout skill 🤦🏻‍♂️ my bad 
    fahhq2 said:

With double blowout? Probably, yeah. I'm not a Hof guy, perhaps @JEDDDOGGY would be of greater assistance here. 
    @retirepujols @DFBB    Question of the "years" though is : Does the skill stay into effect when you become within 3 runs????

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’ve only played thru level 3 on HoF, so I had no use for BO in WoH this year. It’s anybodys guess as to what happens tho, right? I’m still Silver, so it wouldn’t hurt to try this guy after what’s been said in this thread about BO skill.
    @bayoubengal who knows, I side with the camp that believes whatever skills are active at the start are what you have throughout the round 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    The problem is that we have no hard evidence in either direction.  I am with @retirepujols, though, for the record.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @bayoubengal I'm in the camp that skills turn off/on during WoH. However, I put a big emphasis on skills that are always active(i.e 2x vs rhp).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    To me its a toss up and it would be nice if they showed you the batter every time you got a hit, walk, or out but they problem is they can't "quick" pitch you in doing so.... Any one got quick pitched????
    To me its a toss up and it would be nice if they showed you the batter every time you got a hit, walk, or out but they problem is they can't "quick" pitch you in doing so.... Any one got quick pitched????
    I have my own theories on why risp isn't particularly effective when it's not active to start the round, but it's complicated... :)
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @bayoubengal I'm in the camp that skills turn off/on during WoH. However, I put a big emphasis on skills that are always active(i.e 2x vs rhp).
    This would be great to know. At least in CvC we’ve got a transition with different batters getting AB’s. The only time we get visual feedback is when there is a break in play to restart. Unfortunately that doesnt still answer the question. I’ve seen Hot Hitter Dietrich start in leadoff for CvC with no active skills and then after more than 2 hits and be the leadoff batter have both skills active when restarting. But was it the restart that triggered activation or was it the two plus hits. Which begs the question, are these skills ever active at all?
    DFBB said:
    This would be great to know. At least in CvC we’ve got a transition with different batters getting AB’s. The only time we get visual feedback is when there is a break in play to restart. Unfortunately that doesnt still answer the question. I’ve seen Hot Hitter Dietrich start in leadoff for CvC with no active skills and then after more than 2 hits and be the leadoff batter have both skills active when restarting. But was it the restart that triggered activation or was it the two plus hits. Which begs the question, are these skills ever active at all?

The best way is our own observation. It's not exactly scientific, but I trust my own observations more than I would CS. I can't say that my opinion on WoH skills turning off/on is particularly strong, but I'm certain that all skills turn off/on as they should for CvC. Well, as certain as an opinion can be. lol
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I agree. I feel that skills activate when they are supposed to. Of course we don’t have many opportunities to really see it for ourselves. Dietrich was because of the 2 hits. I’ve seen my guys in woh hit better when the other skill should kick in.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I want to believe that is the case but unfortunately we just don't know it is like you do at the start of the AB.

I like to think for WoH that if you use the "best" hitter, meaning 2 active skills 100% of the time with a complimentary batter from start to finish of a round, you will then see more hittable pitches.This was really put to the test a few times during Royale this season though. I think there is always some underlying difficulty tweaking on Glu's part as the event progresses but I expect as people get used to what Royale & Monday WoH have to offer and those matchups sync up we will have greater success. This was certainly true for me yesterday.
  • BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Why would player skills work differently during WOH than it would for any other game i.e. bonus games, Prime etc.? 

If you're playing a tourny game and your blowout skill player leads off the inning in which you trail by 6 runs ... His blowout skills kick in - and if you score 3 runs and that same hitter comes back up during the same inning... His blowout skill is taken away. 

Why would WOH be any different? Or am I missing something here??