Season Rewards UPDATED Diamond Season

bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
edited July 2019 in General TSB Discussion
I am seeing people post about season mode in diamond being harder and such.  My question is, are the season rewards different from tier to tier and if so what are the differences?

Thanks to @JEDDDOGGY

For you diamond guys trying to win season mode -

1. Fill your 3 sub spots with 1-star players.
2. Fill your starting rotation with 1-star players EXCEPT your ace.
3. Use a wrap and throw your ace EVERY GAME.

I'm 48-28 right now and was 2-14 before I started doing this, which means I'm 46-14 since employing this strategy.

If I don't swap out my 3 subs and 2 thru 5 in my starting rotation, the other team's pitchers are rated between 425 and 525. Since I started swapping them, the other team's pitchers are rated between 275 and 375 with the highest I've seen so far being Verlander at around 425 (who would be around 525 otherwise like you see Sale in the screenshot above). It also drops the other team's overall team strength by about 20-25k.

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
Prev1

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    They should all be the same
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    They should all be the same yes but I think diamond is the only level where its next to impossible to compete in season mode
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    so completing a season and winning the finals above silver, you guys get 5000 pennants, 10k pxp and 50 evo??
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Has anyone made the playoffs in Diamond? .500 record even?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    so completing a season and winning the finals above silver, you guys get 5000 pennants, 10k pxp and 50 evo??
    I am gold. 

BOZZCO said:
    Has anyone made the playoffs in Diamond? .500 record even?
    Not sure its possible.   Look

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I am Diamond and Can't even sniff .500  I regularly get my $hit kicked in by the likes of the Orioles & Marlins, I did beat the White Sox 2 out of 4 this morning, a small glimmer of hope (whatever) but i'm 27-42 with 20 Games left.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    531 Sale hahaha. Oh I remember those days being Diamond in 18. Im gold now and my record is 83-5 with 8 season wins
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    At the silver level, the regular season is one thing. Playoffs are something else entirely. As of this morning, I'm 199-4 in my last 203 season games. Just 1-2 in the playoffs, despite the 80-gold boost and the live boost going into two playoff games with my ace on the mound. 

This game doesn't like giving out pennants in the 1000+ range. It also seems to hate losing gold-level season games (with exceptions).  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2019

I'm 48-28 right now and was 2-14 before I started doing this, which means I'm 46-14 since employing this strategy.

If I don't swap out my 3 subs and 2 thru 5 in my starting rotation, the other team's pitchers are rated between 425 and 525. Since I started swapping them, the other team's pitchers are rated between 275 and 375 with the highest I've seen so far being Verlander at around 425 (who would be around 525 otherwise like you see Sale in the screenshot above). It also drops the other team's overall team strength by about 20-25k.
    Cooz19 said:
    At the silver level, the regular season is one thing. Playoffs are something else entirely. As of this morning, I'm 199-4 in my last 203 season games. Just 1-2 in the playoffs, despite the 80-gold boost and the live boost going into two playoff games with my ace on the mound. 

This game doesn't like giving out pennants in the 1000+ range. It also seems to hate losing gold-level season games (with exceptions).  
    I just breezed through the playoffs in silver.  won 2-3 from quarters- finals.  no video or gold spent
    JEDDDOGGY said:

That's amazing @JEDDDOGGY. but watch out some people the way they are thinking now may see that at "cheating" !!!!!

JEDDDOGGY said:

Yea I thought about this but I usually change my team for the live boost.  I did get thru 50 games to get 2500 pxp before changing.  Let me know what you end up with at the seasons end.  425 Verlander is better but still very tough and not sure id win that either.   Basically you would have to win the first round in the playoffs for it to be an improvement.
    @Mattattack I had nearly beat Verlander. I think it was 5 to 3 but simmed the entire game so couldn't jump in. That was with video boost. I might be able to take him with an 80 gold boost and playing the end of the game manually, idk. But yeah I'll let you know how it pans out for me. I had given up on season mode, but have been told (by guys that I feel like would know this) that pennants actually do matter a lot for CvC.
    I might be in the minority but I kind of hope they expand season mode out a bit in the future. Doesn't need to be a huge thing, but if they could even just provide expanded stats, that would be cool. Maybe extra bonuses for players named to a hypothetical All-Star team. MVPs, Cy Youngs, Silver Sluggers, etc. 

Oh, and nerfing down the "Eff You" playoff mentality the AI has. That'd be nice too. 
    Cooz19 said:
    I might be in the minority but I kind of hope they expand season mode out a bit in the future. Doesn't need to be a huge thing, but if they could even just provide expanded stats, that would be cool. Maybe extra bonuses for players named to a hypothetical All-Star team. MVPs, Cy Youngs, Silver Sluggers, etc. 

Oh, and nerfing down the "Eff You" playoff mentality the AI has. That'd be nice too. 
    or what about rewards for Stats that are posted for top in the season????
    Yeah, @bayoubengal, I mean...give it SOME value, ya know? I'd spend gold on boosts to give my guy a shot at a batting title. I've heard the theory that pennants help in cvc. I've collected as many pennants as I can, but you just can't get them fast enough to make a dent in the amount of pennants needed to level each team, even at silver. Can't even fathom how long it would take at platinum. You'd probably have to win every season game, including playoffs, for like 20 season cycles. Trout's kid is gonna be an All-Star by the time you'd finish that.  
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Thanks JEDDDOGGY...I will give this a try, currently started new season 4-0 against Baltimore
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Did @JEDDDOGGY just save season mode for me? I'll have to reset my team and try that out. Thanks, bro! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Im so gonna do that too thanks @JEDDDOGGYKNIGHT

I just swept another two series, so 54-14 using this method.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I want to thank you for this post. It worked great for Gold playoffs as well. Took my team from 101k to 83k. I swept the Nats/D'Backs/Astros in playoffs using just video boosts. Before this, I was using the 80 gold boost just for 50/50 odds against the Astros.
    Still working for Me except when I ran out of Ice Wraps

JEDDDOGGY said:

I want to thank you for this post. It worked great for Gold playoffs as well. Took my team from 101k to 83k. I swept the Nats/D'Backs/Astros in playoffs using just video boosts. Before this, I was using the 80 gold boost just for 50/50 odds against the Astros.
    Just tried this in my season mode and WOW.  This is definitely a game changer...
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I might give it a shot although I feel that I’ve had a pretty successful season. 
    edited July 2019
    That's...umm...that's a rough year, @2003cobra :D

I'm waiting for team boost this evening, then I'm going for my perfect 122-0 season. Championship round vs. the Red Sox, 116-0 regular season, 2-0 series wins over the Brewers and Yankees. 50 evo, 10k pxp and 5k pennants is pretty nice...
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Just tried this in my season mode and WOW.  This is definitely a game changer...
    Yup, The games weren't even close either. Five of the six were blowouts.
    If needed, I'd imagine you could also throw in a 1 star reliever in both LONG/RP2 spots as well.

I'm not even saving the 1 star guys either. I just don't open my late round draft picks from WoH (I usually have hundreds because I'm to lazy to open them normally). I just waited until the final season game, opened until I had 3 position/4 SP's rated 1 star, locked them, played the playoffs, scrapped them. Will rinse/repeat in 10-14 days or whatever the season takes.

Jedddoggy rules. I remember retirepujols advising something similar to this about matching up in bonus games by putting "3 donkeys" in the sub spots but never thought about applying to season mode.
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY This is amazing!!! It totally works and thank you for sharing!
    So I have been thinking. @JEDDDOGGY if you don’t have ice wraps could you change your pitchers after every game. For second game set you sp2 (normal) and make ace 1*.  Will that work??
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    If I remember correct a round of CVC moves ur pitcher rotation (4 CVC entries and u are back to your ace) - not sure about extra bases but should be easy to test.