Jeff McNeil

2Next

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    This goes back to 18, skills are ONLY ACTIVATED BY CHANCE. So claims CS after numerous complaints, and its been proven in other games modes.  Skills do not always activate when there suppose too.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I'm not really sure if they remain active/inactive during the whole inning in WOH or CVC, but the fact that those two modes have the "quick pitch" mechanism that would not allow GLU to show us the skills for each at bat is not a real excuse for not doing it. GLU could easily decide (for example) to add the two (or one) little skill icons next to the batter\pitcher name in each at bat, showing if the skill is active/inactive (assuming pitcher skills actually work). 
    I don't think that would be too complicated and would not disrupt the "quick pitch" or "quick pace" mode once you start the inning in WOH or CVC.
    Unless, of course, they don't want to do that because it could reveal the inconsistent mess they may have with the skills.

What do you guys think?

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Im sure @houmy or @DFBB have the SS saved from 18, from a CS rep explaining how skills are not always activated. The higher your skills the higher chance they would turn on in other game modes. Not sure if this is the case for CVC though. In WOH we can see when they are on before the at bat,  but the same cant be said for other modes aside from WOH and CVC. Hence the reason #skillgate started  back in 18.  So much resources get dumped into skills to only have them activated by chance is a sham. And never explained by GLU how they should actually work.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Im sure @houmy or @DFBB have the SS saved from 18, from a CS rep explaining how skills are not always activated. The higher your skills the higher chance they would turn on in other game modes. Not sure if this is the case for CVC though. In WOH we can see when they are on before the at bat,  but the same cant be said for other modes aside from WOH and CVC. Hence the reason #skillgate started  back in 18.  So much resources get dumped into skills to only have them activated by chance is a sham. And never explained by GLU how they should actually work.
    I don't have that s/s, but I remember it. I don't buy it whatsoever. I can't take credit, but a friend had a theory that made a lot of sense. Older events like prime, bgs, etc. are 'bugged' because skills were not part of the game when those events popped. As a result, sometimes they work and sometimes, they don't. Events like WoH and CvC work as they should because those events came after skills were introduced. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    BurbankCA said:
    Why would player skills work differently during WOH than it would for any other game i.e. bonus games, Prime etc.? 

If you're playing a tourny game and your blowout skill player leads off the inning in which you trail by 6 runs ... His blowout skills kick in - and if you score 3 runs and that same hitter comes back up during the same inning... His blowout skill is taken away. 

Why would WOH be any different? Or am I missing something here??

In walk-off hero, let's say you start the match down four with double blowout skills. Do the skills stay active even after you've scored a run or two? Or do they work like they're supposed to and turn off, that's the question. If you're manually playing another game mode, it's not the same batter over and over again and you see the batter's coming in with their active and inactive skills. In walk off hero, you see their skills at the beginning and that's it.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    What I don't understand is how come sometimes during CvC or WOH, it feels like my hitters ratings have all been dropped? 

For example, if the game were to have slider settings alas MLB The Show - occasionally during CvC it feels like the hitting sliders have been pushed to the left and gone from 10 to zero and to a lesser extent, WOH can feel like that sometimes as well.

It kinda makes me feel like I'm using a dry spaghetti stick as a bat to hit with ... Lolzies
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    If you're manually playing another game mode, it's not the same batter over and over again and you see the batter's coming in with their active and inactive skills. In walk off hero, you see their skills at the beginning and that's it.

And therein could lie the answer to why it could be working this way... a batter's ratings are applied as he comes to bat. In WOH it is the same batter over and over, and thus ratings may only be instantiated the one time: when the hitter starts the round. Therefore, the boosts you see at the start of the round remain regardless of how the situation on the field changes. It would be lazy programming, but gee... ok, I'll shut up.

I'm telling you though, McNeil showed absolutely no signs of slowing down as the score got closer. The guy was just nailing Ryu to the wall which I do not feel as though would be possible if he had only one skill activated.

• BurbankCABurbankCA Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    BurbankCA said:
    Why would player skills work differently during WOH than it would for any other game i.e. bonus games, Prime etc.? 

If you're playing a tourny game and your blowout skill player leads off the inning in which you trail by 6 runs ... His blowout skills kick in - and if you score 3 runs and that same hitter comes back up during the same inning... His blowout skill is taken away. 

Why would WOH be any different? Or am I missing something here??

In walk-off hero, let's say you start the match down four with double blowout skills. Do the skills stay active even after you've scored a run or two? Or do they work like they're supposed to and turn off, that's the question. If you're manually playing another game mode, it's not the same batter over and over again and you see the batter's coming in with their active and inactive skills. In walk off hero, you see their skills at the beginning and that's it.
    I understand what you're saying and how WOH works and I agree with you in that GLU should show or give players the option of to look at batter/pitcher ratings...

My opinion is that WOH would play out just like any other game... i.e. blowout skills would NOT remain active if you score some runs close the lead to less than 4. 

But the truth is, idk for sure. Just like everybody else. 

Anyways. . . I miss this game man. . . wish I  could still play it using my phone. 

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season. 
    It was fun chatting and playing with you all.

- B