Extra Bases: Round 2!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
It certainly can't be worse. GL y'all! 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev134

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I think I'll have to skip this one, just to be safe 😂 I'll read everyone's reviews on it tomorrow. I am interested to see if they place everyone in 1,000 team brackets like they were supposed to, or just throw everyone in to the same gauntlet again. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tilted99Tilted99 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I'm too terrified to play, probably gonna get jailed again if I do
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’ve played 5 rounds and haven’t been jailed...however, I wasn’t jailed last time either so 🤷‍♂️

I will add that it’s garbage we only get the rewards from the highest progress tier we hit...effing weak!
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    They gave us 15 entries this time instead of 10, although they still give you a set lineup
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Pretty easy way to pick up a little PXP. I’ll take it. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I just don’t think the rewards for extra bases is worth it. The amount of entries or blue cash one would have to use to place top 50 I’m sure would be a insane amount.... and tons of gold. I would be broke and with no bonus players there is never a advantage for anyone...I do kinda like that tho 😕 I’m on the fence. But on the other hand what they have created by leveling the playing field and no bonus players is a who can out spend who contest basically. 
    Idk... just not worth it because if you are like me you are gonna be outside top 50 and ur gonna get 1k pxp and 4200 bxp lol. I like the concept but it needs to be tweaked and rewards are trash 🗑.
    Cvc is by far best rewards in the game they need to offer more rewards like cvc for all events.
    P.S. I am praying 🙏 for one those “cool story bro” mookie stickers 😱🤣
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Note that if you have the weekly CvC Edge subscription, you can get a 1500x starting multiplier and a 45% hit rating increase for only 40 gold. Against this scrub pitcher, it's  reasonably easy to win some pxp. Absent that, this event is nearly impossible.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Those of you playing is it bracket of 1000 people or everyone lumped together?
    I'm too afraid of getting jailed to play myself.
    Two weeks ago there was nothing. Now you can manually play a few rounds and pick up a little PXP and cash. Works for me. Just because you can’t or don’t want to compete for the top rankings doesn’t mean you can’t find some value in it. 
    I’m ranked 7800 so I guess it isn’t brackets of 1000 teams. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    An FYI, skills for the default team appear to be at zero because they're not active.
    Just put up 2.2m in one round with video boost and auto play. I wouldn’t say that’s typical, but at least we know it’s possible. 
    Base15 said:
    Just put up 2.2m in one round with video boost and auto play. I wouldn’t say that’s typical, but at least we know it’s possible. 
    Do you have the cvc sub? Also, what tier are you? It appears to be really good for the lower tiers.
    I don’t have CvC sub. I am gold. 
    Ty @Base15
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    It's interesting that the event runs through 12PM pacific, which means that a live boost can be used with the early east coast games tomorrow. I'm at the end of a season, so I'm going to switch to the BoSox and see how much juice that gives me.
    With both video boosts, I fired up the 'sim button and it spit out this:

Ugh. I had one of those in clash today against a 52 pitcher. 
  • Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    I have over 10 mil points. No subscription and not jailed. I think we are good to go!
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Here was mine with both video boost

And the next with both 50g boosts

“Autoplay” on both
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I just put up 2.3 mil, but I decided to play instead of auto because my first auto all I got was a whopping 70k.  That was with both video boosts, energy drinks retry, then the video retry.  I don't have CvC sub anymore.
    Just no.  
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’m really liking this. Both video boosts and this is after my continue video continue...
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    This is a joke. Bout as much fun as clash. 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I feel it’s better than clash but not as good as reg. Cvc. I do like the fact that if you score 7.5mil(very doable with 15 tries), you get a nice amount of PXP without spending gold. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    The tier rewards should be progressive (collect all tiers hit).  That would make it more worthwhile.   And/or put us in brackets of 1000, as was promised (maybe that will come later, if this round is relatively bug-free). I agree that it's better than clash, but meh...  
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts

At least this time the rank rewards go beyond 1000....
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Only used video boost for hit rating, no multiplier boost. Used autoplay. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    Only used video boost for hit rating, no multiplier boost. Used autoplay. 
    What level are you 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.