Extra Bases: Round 2!

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    👆I’m guessing silver. Starting to see the same sort of trend as regular CVC with strong scores from strong silver teams
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    Only used video boost for hit rating, no multiplier boost. Used autoplay. 
    What level are you 
    Silver, about to go gold. 
    ~UNAGI~
    Working on a nice round only for the game to freeze..... ffs
    45% hit boost and 1600x multiplier 🙊🙈🙊🙈
    ~UNAGI~
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    benny100 said:
    Working on a nice round only for the game to freeze..... ffs
    This is gonna be called a strike somehow. 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Pennants and upgrades are only at 30. Also the progress rewards you only get the highest tier you hit, not all of them... 
    Base15 said:
    Two weeks ago there was nothing. Now you can manually play a few rounds and pick up a little PXP and cash. Works for me. Just because you can’t or don’t want to compete for the top rankings doesn’t mean you can’t find some value in it. 
    Fortunately, I saw the forums before I played Extra Bases the last time. I just played it for the first time this morning. As an S10 team (I'm sensing, based on other comments, I have an advantage in this event), it's like playing the game on PEDs. Oftentimes I hit balls I thought would be caught but they sailed over the fence. First boosted autoplay was 1.1 million, and I played it to 3 million. Not gonna lie, I was beyond excited when I saw the tier rewards, and honestly thought the game was really trying to make up for the issues that happened last time. Then I saw the note about how you only get one tier. Bummer. I was thinking my ship had come in. 

Some are gonna complain about that, and probably about any sort of lack of reward they won't get. In the end, I see it as a low-cost, extended play version of cvc with (for me) better players. 

It was said earlier you are gonna have to spend a ton of resources to rank near the top, or at least in the gold places. That seems to be the case with pretty much everything. For me, it's a pretty enjoyable way to earn 2-3k pxp, and 4-6k bxp, along with another 5k pxp and 75k blue cash. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited July 2019
    This extra base crap is ridiculous. I have played 3 games and score 1000 points. Total. It is not a level playing field for all. Seems to me lower tiers have better chances even with same players.

my auto play gives me 60-70 points
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Yeah I have the sub and best round was 360k, is everyone playing with a platinum team? 
    I think consensus is silver. @DFBB pulled a goose egg with boost and auto.

I’m sure I’m wrong but I used to be able to put up points in clash as easy as regular c vs c and after I went beyond a certain amount of wins I couldn’t even get a hit off a 29 overall pitcher with boost but regular c vs c I was still getting huge rounds...I feel like I have a handicap on my account that even after moving up to gold now won’t let me put up points. 
    whammo911 said:
    I’m sure I’m wrong but I used to be able to put up points in clash as easy as regular c vs c and after I went beyond a certain amount of wins I couldn’t even get a hit off a 29 overall pitcher with boost but regular c vs c I was still getting huge rounds...I feel like I have a handicap on my account that even after moving up to gold now won’t let me put up points. 
    In same boat. 
    Sub-less Silver, @whammo911 and my lowest autoplay round was 890k. Can't say I'm not enjoying the reaction here a little...but if it helps, @Ebiggz is kicking my ass, and I probably won't finish higher than 2,000th. Y'all would scoff at the prizes given for that kind of a finish anyway. 

It's a new event, they're still trying to balance things out a little bit. 

Cooz19 said:
    Sub-less Silver, @whammo911 and my lowest autoplay round was 890k. Can't say I'm not enjoying the reaction here a little...but if it helps, @Ebiggz is kicking my ass, and I probably won't finish higher than 2,000th. Y'all would scoff at the prizes given for that kind of a finish anyway. 

It's a new event, they're still trying to balance things out a little bit. 

I'm sitting at 82nd right now with just over 39 million. Still 4 entries left. 
    ~UNAGI~
    I don't see how diamond, platinum, gold, silver or bronze should matter in this event because everyone has the same team.  So tiers should not make a difference but they obviously are.  
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Platinum player here, and I'm getting an average of 50k with autoplaying the 30% hit and 500x multiplier
    @Ebiggz That's sort of my issue with this. Four more entries, you're not gonna sniff the gold placement without spending even more gold. But the drain of BGs can't be replaced through this event. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I want to spend capital I'm gonna earn back. Somewhere in the 2000s is probably where I'll land (I have 10 entries left but probably won't spend gold beyond maybe a boost or two). 

It's 2k pxp/4k bxp at 1-3k place, and 6k/12k at 51-100. Oh, and a sticker. That's a 3x upgrade on rewards but a 100x increase in placement which is probably a 100x upgrade on resources spent to achieve it. Law of Diminishing Returns is extremely steep at this point. 
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    If Glu wants me to really get into this mode (and spend gold) they need to make it in 1000 people brackets, and they need to make it unbiased to teams of lower tiers. The rewards are pretty good, but it's just not worth the gold to try to beat people, whose points we can't even see. If we could see how many points we needed to get to x tier, that'd be fine. But I don't even know how many points I need to get top 25, or top 10. Seeing four ranks ahead of myself is REALLY unhelpful.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I don't see how diamond, platinum, gold, silver or bronze should matter in this event because everyone has the same team.  So tiers should not make a difference but they obviously are.  
    This is why people don’t believe what they say on the app a lot.  Everyone has the same set up with players, upgrades, and pennants, yet there is a clear advantage to some still. Just let us play with our own team and I’m good with being handicapped because I’m diamond. At least I know why I’m handicapped 
    69k silver team with just regular video and multiplier boost
    @Bigpredfan It's probably in an effort to make something different than other events. If you use your own team it's the same as two other events they already have. You said the game is pushing everyone to diamond, right? This event shows lower level players what it's like to hit with higher level hitters -- some are probably twice as good as the hitters they're using currently. It creates the notion they can actually compete at a high level with higher level players, it would seem this is a step toward that alleged end goal (encouraging players to advance levels).  
    Cooz19 said:
    @Bigpredfan It's probably in an effort to make something different than other events. If you use your own team it's the same as two other events they already have. You said the game is pushing everyone to diamond, right? This event shows lower level players what it's like to hit with higher level hitters -- some are probably twice as good as the hitters they're using currently. It creates the notion they can actually compete at a high level with higher level players, it would seem this is a step toward that alleged end goal (encouraging players to advance levels).  
    Maybe, but in that case scoring would be higher at the higher tiers to encourage moving up, not the flip side of that. I would understand the scoring is the people scoring more were people with the subscription, because that would be an advantage. But with everyone supposedly having the exact same setup, scoring should be fairly even across the board. Spending in game currency and resources should be the factor that separates the scores, not the player’s tier under this setup 
    Has anyone done a full reinstall of the game, I’ve only updated..wondering if a full reinstall would remove the handicap...was gonna try but noticed their was a typo in my backup email address 
    Maybe, but in that case scoring would be higher at the higher tiers to encourage moving up, not the flip side of that.
    ...I'm not following you, @Bigpredfan. If their goal was to encourage people moving up levels, why would they focus on those at higher levels, and not the ones at lower levels? I'm in Silver. If they want to encourage me to move up to Gold, it would make sense that they gave me a little nudge in this event by giving me better players than the ones I have now, and letting me put up higher point totals than I'd normally get. It's very likely there are far more silver-level players than there are diamond, so, again, if their goal is to get players to advance levels, it would seem the low-hanging fruit would be at the lower levels, not the higher. 

I don't know if this is what they're doing or not, I just think it's a logical theory that explains why lower levels might be out-scoring higher levels in this particular event. 
    Cooz19 said:
    Maybe, but in that case scoring would be higher at the higher tiers to encourage moving up, not the flip side of that.
    ...I'm not following you, @Bigpredfan. If their goal was to encourage people moving up levels, why would they focus on those at higher levels, and not the ones at lower levels? I'm in Silver. If they want to encourage me to move up to Gold, it would make sense that they gave me a little nudge in this event by giving me better players than the ones I have now, and letting me put up higher point totals than I'd normally get. It's very likely there are far more silver-level players than there are diamond, so, again, if their goal is to get players to advance levels, it would seem the low-hanging fruit would be at the lower levels, not the higher. 

I don't know if this is what they're doing or not, I just think it's a logical theory that explains why lower levels might be out-scoring higher levels in this particular event. 
     But they are not nudging you because you are putting up “way” more points than those is gold or higher as a silver player.  If a silver player is beating diamond and platinum. Why am I moving up as a silver player 
    I am wishing I didn’t make the jump last week from silver.  To load resources and move from silver to high platinum or diamond 
    Cooz19 said:
     if their goal is to get players to advance levels, it would seem the low-hanging fruit would be at the lower levels, not the higher. 

You answered your own question right here. If Glu wants you to climb to a higher tier, why would you when you can get the fruit without climbing?  
    @Bigpredfan Because 1. You can't get players from this event like you can in cvc. 2. Every other event, I'm using players far weaker than these. 3. I can now see what it's like to have higher level players, so...advancing levels might be a good idea. 

Can you explain why someone at a higher level would be encouraged to move up higher with a third event structured like cvc, but without players as rewards? 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Don’t all different aspects of this game have a sweet spot? WoH=Gold, Bonus games=Diamond etc...why is it everyone thinks they are entitled to score the most points/wins regardless of their tier? For those who complain about clash, let me use this analogy. CvC is like A or AA minor leagues. You face a 2 star bronze pitcher and put up a million each round. Clash is like the major leagues where you face pitchers at or even higher than your own tier. So the slugger that crushes 30+ in AA whines that major league pitching sucks it! In this case hate the player and not the game. If you can’t put up 1 million in Clash, it doesn’t suck, but maybe you do (at least in that event)!!! 😂😂😂
    fahhq2 said:
    Don’t all different aspects of this game have a sweet spot? WoH=Gold, Bonus games=Diamond etc...why is it everyone thinks they are entitled to score the most points/wins regardless of their tier? For those who complain about clash, let me use this analogy. CvC is like A or AA minor leagues. You face a 2 star bronze pitcher and put up a million each round. Clash is like the major leagues where you face pitchers at or even higher than your own tier. So the slugger that crushes 30+ in AA whines that major league pitching sucks it! In this case hate the player and not the game. If you can’t put up 1 million in Clash, it doesn’t suck, but maybe you do (at least in that event)!!! 😂😂😂
    @fahhq2 so @DFBB sucks because he is a diamond player that used boost and put up 0 points but yet a silver player with same team and same boost put up 2+ million??? Your logic is not there...