Season Rewards UPDATED Diamond Season

2Next

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Tournament move your pitchers too but I was looking at the setup for season mode.  Tournaments I will keep my main players in without dropping rating 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    So I have been thinking. @JEDDDOGGY if you don’t have ice wraps could you change your pitchers after every game. For second game set you sp2 (normal) and make ace 1*.  Will that work??
    I was thinking to do what @JEDDDOGGY said, but instead of using ice wraps just change my lineup back to normal and run through 4 bonus games then change it back to the scrub lineup. More work, less resources. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    So I have been thinking. @JEDDDOGGY if you don’t have ice wraps could you change your pitchers after every game. For second game set you sp2 (normal) and make ace 1*.  Will that work??
    I was thinking to do what @JEDDDOGGY said, but instead of using ice wraps just change my lineup back to normal and run through 4 bonus games then change it back to the scrub lineup. More work, less resources. 

Was trying to figure out something like that.  Lmk if that works 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    His name should be @jedidoggy
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    Big thanks to JEDDDOGGY !!!!  I used your method and finished 1st. Just starting playoffs now. Great job sharing this technique
    Was trying to figure out something like that.  Lmk if that works 
    If I ever feel like playing prime games and I have a bonus sp, that's what I do. I'll play one game, run through 4 bonus games (or a tournament) to get back to the bonus pitcher, and repeat. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I really struggle/suck at CVC and now extra innings....what  should I do JEDDDOGGY????  Your advice is greatly appreciated.... Ill hang up and listen  :p
    Btw it works for playoff games to level through tiers.  Gold and such. 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    For you diamond guys trying to win season mode -

1. Fill your 3 sub spots with 1-star players.
    2. Fill your starting rotation with 1-star players EXCEPT your ace.
    3. Use a wrap and throw your ace EVERY GAME.

I'm 48-28 right now and was 2-14 before I started doing this, which means I'm 46-14 since employing this strategy.

If I don't swap out my 3 subs and 2 thru 5 in my starting rotation, the other team's pitchers are rated between 425 and 525. Since I started swapping them, the other team's pitchers are rated between 275 and 375 with the highest I've seen so far being Verlander at around 425 (who would be around 525 otherwise like you see Sale in the screenshot above). It also drops the other team's overall team strength by about 20-25k.
    That's amazing @JEDDDOGGY. but watch out some people the way they are thinking now may see that at "cheating" !!!!!

Right?!?!?
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Tournament move your pitchers too but I was looking at the setup for season mode.  Tournaments I will keep my main players in without dropping rating 
    Tournaments, Bonus, CVC, WOH, Prime, Season all forward your rotation. I've never had to use ice wraps on mondays or wednesdays Thanks to WoH. I only use mine during season playoffs and if I have a good bonus SP on Thursdays. I imagine Extra Bases mode does it as well.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    It’s definitely working for me. I’m using the bonus game method instead of ice packs. The biggest question is how can my b1 pitchers win bonus games at the diamond level? I was expecting to get lit up but I won most of them.  Just when I think that u have it all figured out you’re wrong
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I found for gold at around 110k TS w/more than half upgrades capped you don't even need vid boost. Just finished a 114-2 season and swept playoffs easily, winning by at least 10 every game. Ace right now is Prime Happ max 380. I don't recall the 2 losses but neither were against the Astros.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I found for gold at around 110k TS w/more than half upgrades capped you don't even need vid boost. Just finished a 114-2 season and swept playoffs easily, winning by at least 10 every game. Ace right now is Prime Happ max 380. I don't recall the 2 losses but neither were against the Astros.
    I am having the exact same experience.  I don't even need icepacks for my ace, as all 5 starters are 380-400 max.  I lost 2 regular season games (1 to Brewers, 1 to Astros), but every other game has been a double-digit win.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Tdub71 said:
    I am having the exact same experience.  I don't even need icepacks for my ace, as all 5 starters are 380-400 max.  I lost 2 regular season games (1 to Brewers, 1 to Astros), but every other game has been a double-digit win.
    Finished the regular season undefeated and swept through the playoffs. 122-0. Used some boosts in the postseason considering the volume of rewards at stake, but pretty much all of my games vs. the Orioles and Marlins were unholy, savage, devoid-of-mercy ass-beatings. I think I outscored the Orioles in one series 110-1 and I scored in all but two innings in four games. 

Definitely didn't need ice packs. I had at least three starters with ERAs under 1.00 and over 300 Ks. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Why use bonus games to advance your rotation. There is another way-at no cost, to get the pitcher you need anytime you’d like. Think about resigning a game...
    fahhq2 said:
    Why use bonus games to advance your rotation. There is another way-at no cost, to get the pitcher you need anytime you’d like. Think about resigning a game...
    It depends on your tier, in diamond you need bonus games at all times anyways. That's kind of what we're talking about, ruthless season mode in diamond. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I might employ this method once I build up wraps again (burnt 400 ice wraps in a week because of SP bonuses) my 350 hitters would at least have a chance against 375-400 pitching vs 500+ if it could be made to at least win one playoff round that would be much better than the 10% or less I win with my full strength 140k team.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    The suggestions provided were meant to help Diamond teams through season mode. If you are gold and not winning seasons, you jumped too fast and need to focus on team strength. I'm in the same boat as most commenters. 2 or fewer regular season losses and breezing through playoffs with no concern of using Ace or timing out live boosts. 
    I have moved @JEDDDOGGY post to the OP for easy referral by new users

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    this needs bumped since people wanna know.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.