Balsamic Vinegar

Comments

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    This is my favorite post so far. Lol
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'm more of a purist, @snowy24. Buffalo chicken dip should be consumed with white or yellow corn tortilla chips. The dominant flavor should be the dip. Doritos and Ruffles have their own distinct flavor and attributes (I have a taste in my mouth for Ruffles now...thanks. Jerk). 

Buffalo chicken dip should have Frank's in it just for the tang of heat (I recommend their Buffalo sauce, but mixing regular Frank's with standard Buffalo ingredients can work just as well). You shouldn't feel its heat until you've had like six or seven chips' worth. If your whole mouth is tingling after that, it's the right amount. But the key is to marinate the chicken for a few hours in just white vinegar, cayenne, Worchestershire and garlic before adding the Frank's to the sauce you'll bake it in. Then you gotta shred the chicken just right. You're using chips. They break easily when the chunks of chicken are too big. 

As for Doritos...if you really want to be a junk food junkie, shredded cheddar on Doritos, 30 seconds in the microwave...mmmm....so good. 
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I'm more of a purist, @snowy24. Buffalo chicken dip should be consumed with white or yellow corn tortilla chips. The dominant flavor should be the dip. Doritos and Ruffles have their own distinct flavor and attributes (I have a taste in my mouth for Ruffles now...thanks. Jerk). 

Buffalo chicken dip should have Frank's in it just for the tang of heat (I recommend their Buffalo sauce, but mixing regular Frank's with standard Buffalo ingredients can work just as well). You shouldn't feel its heat until you've had like six or seven chips' worth. If your whole mouth is tingling after that, it's the right amount. But the key is to marinate the chicken for a few hours in just white vinegar, cayenne, Worchestershire and garlic before adding the Frank's to the sauce you'll bake it in. Then you gotta shred the chicken just right. You're using chips. They break easily when the chunks of chicken are too big. 

As for Doritos...if you really want to be a junk food junkie, shredded cheddar on Doritos, 30 seconds in the microwave...mmmm....so good. 
    I love Buffalo Chicken Dip. Tostito's Scoops are the definitive chip to eat it with. 
    Alright you fuckers, I'm making buffalo chicken dip today. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

Forgot my lunch today.....where should I goooo.........

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
    I’ll take one with gold and xp sauce. Then have prime evo to drink and diamond level chips as my side. 
    a V-notch failure..
    Has just happened In missouri..I asked him to not throw away the V but he did... the art of sammich making is lost on millenials when I asked for "the cut" he looked at me like I had lobsters coming out of my ears, tho I suspect he doesn't know what a lobster is. Sadness abounds

That my friend was the BMT, it was neither big, meaty, nor was it that tasty

That my friend was the BMT, it was neither big, meaty, nor was it that tasty

You gotta double-meat that sh1t, @matt_sackett! You can't expect big or meaty if you're getting half of the quantity expected. 
    he couldnt figure out double meat if he tried. he had a struggle with the notch.

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Son of a... I hate this thread and love it all at the same time.  Now I want a sandwich.  Schlotzsky's for dinner it is!
    Just no.  
  • 97iners97iners Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Just saw this thread, I'm disappointed I didn't see it earlier. Lol
    Sigh...I miss schlotzky's at times, tho some might argue its not a sammich but more of a cake.

Sigh...I miss schlotzky's at times, tho some might argue its not a sammich but more of a cake.

What's there to figure out, @matt_sackett?? "Meat! TWO!" 

I'd have way more problems with the v-notch. 
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Thanks for the recipe @Tdub71.my wife is making it for me tonight and im stoked. PS I popped my forum cherry for this 
    edited August 2019
    So many jokes....so little time..

Ok maybe 1  The newest and latest novel from Stephen King "Scary Terry pops his forum Cherry" later this fall from random house.

@matt_sackett But it's one of the best kinds of cakes!  Unless you're into actual cake.  I like cake, but only if it's 95% icing and 5% cake... when I was 7!  I have a piece occasionally.
    Just no.  
    edited August 2019
    @FrankTheTank04 I loved their pumpernickel bread and jalapeno chips, sadly I think all of them in KC are gone now.

Hold that thought....

they exist!
    im stealing a bottle of their hot sauce tomorrow!

@matt_sackett Nice!  And pumpernickel bread, is that the bread they use or something special I gotta ask for?  Here in the Dallas area you can ask them to use two cinnabons as bread!.. but not really
    Just no.  
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @CanadaCubs  I did always enjoy the Honey Bacon Club from Quiznos, but they closed their location that was nearest to me years ago and I discovered a family-owned, hole-in-the-wall Italian place about 3 miles from my house shortly thereafter...it is now my favorite place to eat in the world and they serve their sandwiches on 10-inch French rolls (including the best hot pastrami I’ve ever had) and can perform a proper v-notch on demand.

It’s located in Tustin, California and called Italian Express if any of you ever end up around these parts.  It’s about 35 miles south/southwest of Los Angeles

That's Balsamic in the lower corner...

That's Balsamic in the lower corner...

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Sammich has two "m"s.
    edited August 2019
    In canada the other M is silent. and invisible.

thats pickle, wasabi mustard, balsamic, Swiss, turkey, salami, bologna (dont judge) on rye.

in the US  the below is silent, its more like blowme

Mine is and always will be Miracle Whip when Boloney is solo, soft bread of course is critical, were talking if you ball it up you can stick it to the wall kina soft bread.

:s  I don't want any white condiments on my sandwiches
    Just no.