Extra Bases: Round 2!

Comments

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
     But they are not nudging you because you are putting up “way” more points than those is gold or higher as a silver player.  If a silver player is beating diamond and platinum. Why am I moving up as a silver player 
    Because you don't get to use those players in any other event. The game is giving you a taste of what it might be like if you were at a level where you could hit with players with those ratings. You can't do that at silver. 

And yes, you can get some nice gold rewards in this one very long event. CVC, you can win players in games that only last an hour and are played every other hour. Ergo, some might see it like "I'm missing out being at Silver, I should move up, because I like playing with players at that level." 

You guys are right. Someone can say I'm still content sitting at silver. But HBO doesn't give away a weekend of free viewing expecting to get everyone to subscribe when the trial ends. It might get some, though. Just because there are users who are content with just the free trial doesn't mean it's a bad idea. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    @Bigpredfan Because 1. You can't get players from this event like you can in cvc. 2. Every other event, I'm using players far weaker than these. 3. I can now see what it's like to have higher level players, so...advancing levels might be a good idea. 

Can you explain why someone at a higher level would be encouraged to move up higher with a third event structured like cvc, but without players as rewards? 
    You and I could go back and forth on this all day long. The issue with extra bases currently is this right here. Everyone used the same lineup with the same upgrade levels at 30, yet being silver is a huge advantage. My silver team, which is just a scrub placeholder team, is killing my diamond team in this event. And there is no reason as to why that is because we have the same team we are using. Their scores should be about the same unless I spend gold/franchise coins/energy drinks on one of them 
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    played 17 rounds for a total of 78k pts... you guessed it "Diamond" level. I don't know much ..but i would think having my upgrades in the 80s should help me more then at silver being maxed at 40.

I would think the higher the tier you are the better you should perform against equal pitchers. A single A batter would not do as well as a major league batter against the same pitcher . 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I think games played is factoring into the scores is the only explanation, like after you hit x amount of games your rng multiplier goes from say 5 down to a 4 and so on and so on...I’m only at 9k games played so I can put up some points (just hit a mil autoplay) but not like someone who has only 2k games or less
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    My Diamond Level Couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

My Diamond Level Couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat.
    Sounds like your boat has run aground 
    You and I could go back and forth on this all day long. The issue with extra bases currently is this right here. Everyone used the same lineup with the same upgrade levels at 30, yet being silver is a huge advantage. My silver team, which is just a scrub placeholder team, is killing my diamond team in this event. And there is no reason as to why that is because we have the same team we are using. Their scores should be about the same unless I spend gold/franchise coins/energy drinks on one of them 
    Well, my purpose in discussing it was to provide potential reasons WHY those things might be happening, never even remotely suggesting that they were NOT happening. Since the goal posts seem to keep moving here, you're right, we are just going to keep going back and forth. As is often suggested in regards to other events, the choice is yours to simply not play it. 
    Cooz19 said:
    Well, my purpose in discussing it was to provide potential reasons WHY those things might be happening, never even remotely suggesting that they were NOT happening. Since the goal posts seem to keep moving here, you're right, we are just going to keep going back and forth. As is often suggested in regards to other events, the choice is yours to simply not play it. 
    I played it and got to progress reward 1!!!!  I’m done there. Lol. 

I think having the upgrades at 30 for everyone is part of the problem here. I think it’s hidden somewhere and probably unintended but 

Silver- 30/40 they are 75%
    diamond- 30/100 they are 30% 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

I think having the upgrades at 30 for everyone is part of the problem here. I think it’s hidden somewhere and probably unintended but 

Nice catch. Good possibility 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    My best with a gold team
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Damns!!!!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Nice flex @benny100 ! You got a few more digits than me. :)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Cooz19 said:

lol I played my first round and got to tier 4. When I looked at the progress rewards, I was all fired up! I was like, "holy balls, I'm getting like 10k pxp and 150k blue cash!! 

Then I saw the note I only get one tier. Oh...well, that's far less fun. Like half as much fun. 

I was gonna mention the upgrades as the likely culprit here. I've seen the theory that the total pennants matters less than the percentage of pennants to space you have, but the proportion you posted might be it. I was under the impression the benefit comes at an individual player level (i.e. Arenado gets some sort of boost valued at 29 percent, like it says on my screen). It seemed interesting that they state the pennant value, when it's basically not mentioned as a factor in anything else specific. 
    Cooz19 said:
    Cooz19 said:

lol I played my first round and got to tier 4. When I looked at the progress rewards, I was all fired up! I was like, "holy balls, I'm getting like 10k pxp and 150k blue cash!! 

Then I saw the note I only get one tier. Oh...well, that's far less fun. Like half as much fun. 

I was gonna mention the upgrades as the likely culprit here. I've seen the theory that the total pennants matters less than the percentage of pennants to space you have, but the proportion you posted might be it. I was under the impression the benefit comes at an individual player level (i.e. Arenado gets some sort of boost valued at 29 percent, like it says on my screen). It seemed interesting that they state the pennant value, when it's basically not mentioned as a factor in anything else specific. 
    @DFBB Hope you have a notepad of questions to ask.. like this one here.  Percentages of pennants? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I autoplayed 500 points with double video boosts, so that was cool. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I autoplayed 500 points with double video boosts, so that was cool. 
    How did you score so high, I got 10
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    my question is if D1-10 players are getting such poor results who is in the Top 10 or even 100 for that matter?  Silver players?  I’ve got pretty decent boosts for a G9 and a good stash of franchise coins and thought I could make a good run but I’m not having much better luck than most of y’all with a ranking in the mid 2k.  They don’t show any of the top rankings so I can’t even see what other people are putting up and see what there team is like.  I wish there was a little more transparency.
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    Yeah I'm platinum and keep getting 7k rounds, I had 1 round of 500k buts bc I played it
    @bayoubengal While I'm disappointed with my own results, I'm glad the results are consistent with my theories on CvC scoring. To be specific, each tier has a different threshold for upgrades/bats; It's why new diamond teams struggle with regular CvC. 
    DFBB said:
    @bayoubengal While I'm disappointed with my own results, I'm glad the results are consistent with my theories on CvC scoring. To be specific, each tier has a different threshold for upgrades/bats; It's why new diamond teams struggle with regular CvC. 
    But should it be that way for extra bases.  its not like we are using our teams.  we are "ALL" using the same teams , therefore the scores should be around the same.  Unless you spend the gold on hit % and multipliers. To me that would make it more competitive and they would probably make more of a profit especially with the rewards.  they are pretty good rewards.
    DFBB    shouldnt a diamond team just always be better then a silver/gold team?  Just based on either money spent or time invested?   My capped Diamond team should always beat a capped gold team  but its the opposite. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

I have all upgrades capped in gold and hitting way worse than my 40k silver placeholder team with upgrades not even halfway capped. The silver team will have 7 million points compared to my 110k gold team getting closer to 200k in this event. 
    BOZZCO said:
    DFBB    shouldnt a diamond team just always be better then a silver/gold team?  Just based on either money spent or time invested?   My capped Diamond team should always beat a capped gold team  but its the opposite. 
    I definitely agree with you. However, it's simply not the system that GLU uses. It's their way of balancing things. Fwiw, I used to struggle just to hit 10k when I first jumped to diamond. Last night, in clash, I hit 2mill w/o spending gold or having any bonus players.
    DFBB said:
    But should it be that way for extra bases.  its not like we are using our teams.  we are "ALL" using the same teams , therefore the scores should be around the same.  Unless you spend the gold on hit % and multipliers. To me that would make it more competitive and they would probably make more of a profit especially with the rewards.  they are pretty good rewards.
    It's my observation that each tier has a different threshold. Graded on a curve, so to speak.
    DFBB   What do you attribute to your increase in point production??  upgrades? because i have neglected mine with the price being gold now
    @BOZZCO Capped team and upgrades.
    your upgrades are all capped?
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Total points from 15 Extra Bases entries for me (Platinum 6, 7k games played, most upgrades about 65/80, most pennants about 35/80):  

Total: 4.2 million, good for a ranking of 6,917
    High Round: Around 800k

I have the CvC sub
    Played 8 with 50 gold hitting boost and 40 gold multiplier boost
    Played 2 with both video boosts
    Played 5 with just 20 gold multiplier boost
    Autoplayed initially, then manually played all 4 continues on all entries

One thing I did notice was it seems to me that in Extra Bases, you have to swing even later than in WOH or CvC.  Once I used that theory, I was able to have much better runs during manual play.

Just throwing that all out there, hopefully it helps unlock the mysteries of Extra Bases, lol.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Has anyone only received their tier rewards only again? 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Has anyone only received their tier rewards only again? 
    I received tier rewards. I placed top 100 but got rewards for ranks 101-500. Already emailed CS about it. 
    ~UNAGI~