WoH Royale for 7-24-19: Eaton good!

Comments

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Oddly, first cycle I autoplayed to 5.8 and used Arenado expecting Chapman. Easy. Vid boost 5.8 thru 5.10.
    Now I'm 2/20 autoplaying 5.4. Should have cycled second time passed but blew a couple chances on 5.10. Level 5 is unpredictable last couple weeks. Think this is how it will go from now on, changing every week with a top pitcher in day's box as 5.10?
    It's counter-intuitive but I am beating Buehler with the Pence in question from above. My lefty bats were all noodles against him. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Thanks man Ill take him!
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    I got Buehler with Beaty
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    For anyone who has already completed level 5, how would you rank the pitchers at 5.7, 5.8 and 5.10?  I'm about to start level 5 and I'm curious how to stack my hitters.  It sounds like I should put my strongest lefty bat at 5.8, but what about 5.7 and 5.10?
  • DomerHomerDomerHomer Registered Users, Member 76 Posts
    I am light on lefty bats. My team isn't the best, but I have Meadows as my second best lefty with double 11% skills. He's currently 9th in my list of WoH bats and costs 35 gold to re-use. I struggled the first cycle and then used him at 5.6, 5.7, and 5.8. Spent 70 gold, avoided restarts, and saved video restart for either 5.9 or 5.10.
    Who are the last 3 pitchers ? Thanks. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    got through 5.10 (mendgen) easy. struggled more with 5.7 (fiers) and 5.8 (arietta) but got through pretty quick - i am using capped primes at gold though
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    What do you think about this guy? Just got him on my first box
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited July 2019
    For anyone who has already completed level 5, how would you rank the pitchers at 5.7, 5.8 and 5.10?  I'm about to start level 5 and I'm curious how to stack my hitters.  It sounds like I should put my strongest lefty bat at 5.8, but what about 5.7 and 5.10?
    No trickery today imo. My best bat vs rightys at 5.10, 2nd best at 5.8, 3rd best at 5.7.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @blueprints He's a jack of all trades, master of none.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @blueprints  I agree with @DFBB.  He isn’t great for WOH or CvC, but he isn’t useless for them either because he’ll always have one skill boost going.  I would say he’s pretty useful for prime and bonus games though, again because he’ll always have one boost.

FWIW, I’m leveling him because in a stoned stupor last week, I accidentally traded in my 3 max 350 bxp OFs and I still had zero this morning.  Now I have Eaton and Reynolds, so a good start to Royale day 😁
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I have never seen a card that made me feel so apathetic and indifferent. Disgusting.
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    Hopefully I can get that Adam Eaton !
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    stuck on5.7-5.8
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I decided to call it quits early today. i know I can beat 5-8. I’ve done it 3 times.  But when I lose with a 40 gold boost, restart, and lose with an 80 gold boost it becomes apparent that I’m wasting gold there. 

Can I beat it?  Yes. Is it worth the cost?  Nope. Tournaments and bonus games here I come 
    how is it that I can cycle classic 10 or so time Monday but today I can't get past 5.7
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    how is it that I can cycle classic 10 or so time Monday but today I can't get past 5.7
    Because today isn’t classic 
    No foolin ‘. Hope the guys that wanted it harder are happy. Guess Wednesday is out now. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Damn fence-sitter...wouldn't even WANT him on my team! Pick a side!!

Seriously though, he's basically an upgrade over a no-skill player. Guaranteed to have one skill, and guaranteed to never have two skills. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    If I hadn’t got Choo yesterday I’d have had to get creative but with him at least so far it’s been fairly smooth outside of recent trip where I’m being a bit lazy and trying to autoplay through 5.7 (Odorizzi and Fiers annoying me).
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    5.4 is new Miley. 4/40 there. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I was getting past him fine and getting stuck at 5.7  now I can't even get past 5.4 with live boost and video boost together....
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    No way I should give up a run every inning with all my prime relief pitchers. 
    I was getting past him fine and getting stuck at 5.7  now I can't even get past 5.4 with live boost and video boost together....
    I think the pitchers are getting my live boost. Even having trouble with 5-3. 
    It seems like if you don’t get it done the first time thru then you have a much tougher road in subsequent attempts. 
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    Got him, now to try for the 2nd time
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    DFBB said:
    All rightys in level 5 except for 5.9(price).
    Ugh, this throws my perfect balance off on my top 4. I've been used to it being 2/2 on final four for so long. Just started and blitzed the first four lvls. Restarting app to kill some lag and give lvl 5 a go. I like that Eaton better than the Summer Heat Prime Yelich I have atm.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    So new pitchers, increased “difficulty”, and tougher situations this Royale. Are things still stale for those that were lamenting thus these last weeks/days?
  • cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    So new pitchers, increased “difficulty”, and tougher situations this Royale. Are things still stale for those that were lamenting thus these last weeks/days?
    I wish they would give us a prime on Wednesday’s also. Really don’t feel like beating woh to get a guy who won’t make my all prime hitter roster.