WoH Royale for 7-24-19: Eaton good!

124Next

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    1 very easy cycle of both WoH and Slugfest today. Since? Nada. Not a single cycle. I have been bamboozled for sure.
    edited July 2019
    Not even gonna mention the huge boning by faux-azz multipliers dropping us from top 10 to triple digits. It's a tale as old as time. Moby Dick always knows what's up...
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Not even gonna mention the huge boning by faux-azz multipliers dropping us from top 10 to triple digits. It's a tale as old as time. Moby Dick always knows what's up...
    Ah, yes. Twas in 9th place not but an hour before Satan cast his stone at us in disgust. "Back of the line you filthy peasants go!" he yelled at us, as we fled his wrath. Wasn't until we ran behind 100 or so other clans could we catch our breath. The Royale of Wednesdays shall not be for me. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
    I’ve finally given up, no matter how bad I need Eaton it’s not worth it. I can’t even auto play 5.3 anymore, my Austin Meadows can’t even pass 5.4, I’m so done
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Finally cycled 😱
    So like I said I killed HoF Monday and I finally was able to get through today after trying off and on all day. Strange thing is how could  Wednesday classic be harder than hof?? And... after struggling all day I decided to try one last time and lost 0 times on level 5 and never even boosted on 5/10. Cycled 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Won him, pulled WOHlters, Dietrich and Mikolas, then got Laureano from the free POTW box. I might have four bonus players tomorrow, and I only bought four boxes. 

Anyone have a good club who needs a guy??
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I thought I was slick. I beat Price with a good 17 seconds left in the event. I calmly clicked on Votto and then, hit the video boost. 30 seconds later, the joke was on me. It stayed on this screen forever until it eventually crashed. 😭

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I might have four bonus players tomorrow, and I only bought four boxes. 

Remove "good" from your question and I'm your guy 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    @DFBB that sucks sooooo bad sorry man
  • Savage225Savage225 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts

Had to pull him in box 🤦‍♂️
    Me too! Lol but I figured I’d spend 700 gold trying to beat it as well
    Did feel good about this though. May go back to SF Wednesday’s...used 100g boost on last 3 as Bregman was best slugger. Probably didnt even need it. 

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    I might have four bonus players tomorrow, and I only bought four boxes. 

Remove "good" from your question and I'm your guy 😂
    Hey! Watch it! 
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    WOH yesterday was no cake walk for sure. Beat it finally and it was somewhat rewarding.
    Need more Living Legends!

Eaton at gold 10

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Well....He's a pirate, so he will be traded to a contender before July 31st
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

ZaneJ78 said:
    WOH yesterday was no cake walk for sure. Beat it finally and it was somewhat rewarding.
    I lost a bit on 4 and 5, reset on x.10 a few times, maybe 4 total. That's typical for me, though. I got to 5.10 on my second time through the cycle at about 11 p.m. last night and lost. Didn't think it was especially challenging. It seems some here had a lighter experience than others. 

Eaton's a pretty nice gain for me. He was a strong L4 during my second run.
    @Cooz19 I have struggled hard core the last few weeks when I was having no issues cycling all levels before. It seem after the update they have said no more free cycles for you. I never really spend gold on WOH and I think the glu bots realized that and made it harder.
    @ZaneJ78 I wrote this the other day, but you have to sort of expect a tax of sorts. They're not going to let people repeatedly cycle 20+ times without paying something for it. In the end, I spent probably around 600 gold, I think, maybe a little more. That seems fair for a quality player and some entertainment. If I wasn't spending any gold, then I was able to level him to s10 (i'm silver) and adding bxp on top of that, not only is the game not getting back any resources from me, they're giving me resources to build up my team. 

It's a business. They're going to make back what they want somehow. If that's putting up a toll booth to collect on repeat cycling (i.e. just decide you won't beat 5.9 on your fifth trip through unless you spend x amount of gold), then that's what it is. 
    @Cooz19 I went thru and spent 40 gold on 5.10. I was disappointed when I had to do that because my hitter was at 308 with live boost and video boost vs a 170ish pitcher and I couldn't get 2 hits in a row. I guess it was fun while it lasted.