Newbie question. What is winstreak protection?

cuseC08cuseC08 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
So my club had a decent run yesterday and ranked high enough for win streak protection. Where do I go in the app to see if it’s an active accolade? Also what benefit does it provide? Thanks guys

Comments

• cuseC08cuseC08 Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Forgot to upload the picture 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    It means the members of your club can lose a prime game and not have it end your streak (prime events are Friday-Sunday and Tuesday). You have to lose twice to end your streak. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    It will forgive a loss during a win streak to keep the streak going 
    Cooz19 said:
    It means the members of your club can lose a prime game and not have it end your streak (prime events are Friday-Sunday and Tuesday). You have to lose twice to end your streak. 
    Got it. Is this only a temporary accolade? Also how do I check to see if it’s active? I can’t find it anywhere in the app. 
    cuseC08 said:
    Cooz19 said:
    Got it. Is this only a temporary accolade? Also how do I check to see if it’s active? I can’t find it anywhere in the app. 
    Actually never mind. I figured it out. Thanks again
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Its nice as hell when you run off 23 in a row on the weekend and it saves your butt when you lose to a team you out rank by 25,000
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    must be nice to put up only 147m and get rank 21.. before any of you comment, yes I know the tiers and bracket.  JS
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It's an accolade your club earned that will go towards the weekend event. Let's say you are on a 30 game win streak, and you lose game 31; a page will come up asking if you want to use your one time (it goes up to 3) win streak protection. Once you use it, it's gone 🙄
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Its nice as hell when you run off 23 in a row on the weekend and it saves your butt when you lose to a team you out rank by 25,000
      No shit!  Happens far too often too!
    It's an accolade your club earned that will go towards the weekend event. Let's say you are on a 30 game win streak, and you lose game 31; a page will come up asking if you want to use your one time (it goes up to 3) win streak protection. Once you use it, it's gone 🙄
     For that streak. Don't scare the newbie man!!  Lol
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @DaveMustang, right.  Once that streak is over, you can use it again on the next run.
    Tdub71 said:
    @DaveMustang, right.  Once that streak is over, you can use it again on the next run.
    Can you? I'll admit, that was the only game I actually lost. The rest of my winstreaks were killed by either me not playing or the ever so glorious oops.. we need to restart (that one killed an 81 game win streak for me 🙃)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols yep.  I learned that about 2 weeks into the season, when my team was still some hot garbage...
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @Tdub71 was????  jk you would kick my a$$ 

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Tdub71 said:
    Can you? I'll admit, that was the only game I actually lost. The rest of my winstreaks were killed by either me not playing or the ever so glorious oops.. we need to restart (that one killed an 81 game win streak for me 🙃)
     You're on a completely different level than I am man.  30 straight is pretty much my limit. Damn man!  Sweet tho. Lol
    edited July 2019
    @DaveMustang it's more about timing and playing your cards right than anything else, I ended up with more gold than I started during those long win streaks by watching free gold videos in between entries.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited July 2019
    My one time run was 35 when I was capped gold, since then 23 is now my max, I swear to god they see I am at 22 throw a team in my path that is 18K below me and they wipe the floor with my buttox. #conspiracytheory

am I right oh great and powerful @Houmy
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

I think you've just summoned @houmy with that hashtag @matt_sackett
    My one time run was 35 when I was capped gold, since then 23 is now my max, I swear to god they see I am at 22 throw a team in my path that is 18K below me and they wipe the floor with my buttox. #conspiracytheory

am I right oh great and powerful @Houmy
     Either that or they throw an insanely strong team at ya. That's when that win streak protection comes in handy
    I usually just play the 6, and wait, unless I am killing it with bonus points, and the club needs a push.  I did run off about 30-35 this past weekend.  

I just have no patience for the timer like @retirepujols, so I have to spend the 90 gold to refresh.