Forum guys club

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many of you gents would be interested in a club full of forum members? if you're interested, let me know down below. Also, let me know which type of club you would be interested in. For example, a Monday Wednesday reset club, a Monday Wednesday non reset club, a weekends only club, a one-time get together, an every once in awhile get together, etc. I figured most guys in here have their club situation settled by now, but perhaps the last two options would be in play. 🙃
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
Prev1

Comments

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I don't understand anything you wrote above, but I'd follow you anywhere.  I like the idea of having a private club that is exclusive to forum guys.  Must post 20+ times to be eligible (so I can slide in) ;o)  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Gentlemen's club isn't an option? Asking for a friend, of course.  ;)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Savage225Savage225 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I don't understand anything you wrote above, but I'd follow you anywhere.  I like the idea of having a private club that is exclusive to forum guys.  Must post 20+ times to be eligible (so I can slide in) ;o)  
    This
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I'm still not sure what the best approach is when it comes to clubs.  I am currently in a club that is Gold VII and I win most CvC MVPs and match high scores (and the boxes associated therewith), which is nice.  But I'm usually carrying the club mostly by myself (for instance, yesterday I posted 23M of our 25M points), which means the club isn't competitive and doesn't earn accolade rewards or player leveling discounts.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @SandlotGuru this hypothetical club would be lucky to have you! (Your CVC game is out of my world 😂) @Savage225 I'm assuming your "this" was in reference to not understanding what I said? Was it the club options I mentioned that is confusing? @DFBB I think a gentlemen's club would require 20/20 mustaches.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I’m down for weekends or every once awhile. Solo through the week. I plan on dropping 25k tomorrow...
    if the box is good 😕
    I'm currently squatting in a defunct platinum club and leeching all the CvC rewards.  I'd be willing to move to a new club on Sunday night after my leeching is complete.  I'd suggest a team name that clearly announces who we are and our importance, something like: Forum Legends, Forum VIPs, Forum HOFers.  Critiques appreciated.        
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2019
     @DFBB I think a gentlemen's club would require 20/20 mustaches.
    That rules me out then.  I hear ex-wives are crazy expensive...

My wife told me a long time ago that a nut-scrubber was a deal-breaker.

Edit: Besides, I look too much like Farva from Super Troopers already...
    leeching all the CvC rewards.  
    This is why I'm assuming a full-time club would not work for forum folks. Also, I'm going to p.m. you about the club you're leaching from 😂. What happened to CM? Were you just there for the weekend like I was?
    Honestly I prefer a full-time club that is reasonably competitive, so I'm totally in if you want to make this happen.  I'm a one man show right now and it's not all that fun.  I have 6 active bonus players for today and could be throwing up multiple 100s of million of points if anyone in my club cared.  There's a fine line between competitive group play and just being flat out bored. 
    edited July 2019
    @SandlotGuru this hypothetical club would be lucky to have you! (Your CVC game is out of my world 😂) @Savage225 I'm assuming your "this" was in reference to not understanding what I said? Was it the club options I mentioned that is confusing? @DFBB I think a gentlemen's club would require 20/20 mustaches.
    I’m not sure the best approach of clubs but I’m the leader of a gold one right now where’s I’ve scored 39mill of the 50mill and it’s only 3 active players. I need a change lol
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    I’d be down for a Monday reset club
    @CanadaCubs I think you should have a decent understanding of what my normal scoring looks like, not exactly competitive. @SandlotGuru saw me at somewhat of my best, which is not something I would look to do more than once or twice a month. Hopefully some more responses float in, then I can get a better feeling of what may or may not work.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @dkarski87 and I can’t be in a club together. It just doesn’t work. ☹️
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    The kind of club I'd like it to be wasn't on your list of options (hookers 'n blow and guns and power tools). 

I'd be game, though, 1. if it's even worth having me in it, and 2. if the fact I don't have a specific preference of club doesn't disqualify me. 
    Honestly I prefer a full-time club that is reasonably competitive, so I'm totally in if you want to make this happen.  I'm a one man show right now and it's not all that fun.  I have 6 active bonus players for today and could be throwing up multiple 100s of million of points if anyone in my club cared.  There's a fine line between competitive group play and just being flat out bored. 
    Join me! I’m at 54mill ranked 67
    This comment is simply to serve as a disagree without actually pressing disagree. 
    Cooz19 said:
    The kind of club I'd like it to be wasn't on your list of options (hookers 'n blow and guns and power tools). 

I'd be game, though, 1. if it's even worth having me in it, and 2. if the fact I don't have a specific preference of club doesn't disqualify me. 
    That falls under etc. 😂 It sounds like more people are interested in competing rather than simply staying active, which seems to lean more towards a reset club. 
    edited July 2019
    @CanadaCubs want to reset for the weekend, or try this next week? Not sure if your plans have changed 

Edit: probably Monday so everyone can get their CVC?
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Cooz19 said:

That falls under etc. 😂 It sounds like more people are interested in competing rather than simply staying active, which seems to lean more towards a reset club. 
    Well, I'd be interested in that then (puts away H'nB, G'nPT flag). 
    @CanadaCubs I think you should have a decent understanding of what my normal scoring looks like, not exactly competitive. @SandlotGuru saw me at somewhat of my best, which is not something I would look to do more than once or twice a month. Hopefully some more responses float in, then I can get a better feeling of what may or may not work.
    I saw @reitirepujolsthrow up about 600M in one weekend, plus dole out rewards to his team members.  You have earned my respect and bought my loyalty sir. 
    I saw @reitirepujolsthrow up about 600M in one weekend, plus dole out rewards to his team members.  You have earned my respect and bought my loyalty sir. 
    Twas a good weekend. I ended up dishing another 300m out to various clubs, I think about 100 of it was trying to beat @dkarski87 😂. I was not successful 🤷🏻‍♂️ I appreciate the kind words, sir. If anyone is down to try a forum reset club, lmk and lmk if you'd be interested in trying this tomorrow or Monday. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @retirepujols if @Tdub71 is in I am in 

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @retirepujols I’m interested. Don’t have a preference when it starts, though Monday is fine. 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
     @DFBB I think a gentlemen's club would require 20/20 mustaches.
    That rules me out then.  I hear ex-wives are crazy expensive...

My wife told me a long time ago that a nut-scrubber was a deal-breaker.

Edit: Besides, I look too much like Farva from Super Troopers already...
    What's that you say? A liter of cola?
    ~UNAGI~
    I'll post a screenshot of the club sometime tonight, if you join just drop your forum name in the club chat if it's different than your game tag. If someone else decides to make one before me, go ahead and post the screenshot. I may be toast before the event ends 😴
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Is this like a catman and batman situation?  2 arch enemies getting together to fight the worser evil?
    More like family. Fun for a visit, but we can start fighting if the visit lasts too long. Lol. Better as a long distance relationship. 
    This reminds me....I forgot to send him a cluster of stickers for that performance. 

edited July 2019
    Lol, so what do you recommend for a reset club @CanadaCubs? You have more experience than I do. Delay the first hour? Don't donate? Donate? Scheduled voluntary pushes? Or just wing it, see what happens, and have a good time doing it? 
    I'm in.