Season Mode - Math Nerd Needed

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
I'm currently gathering resources to make a strong push to platinum but have deficiencies in both pxp and evo.  Season mode provides both of these in abundance (22,500 pxp, 110 evo and 13,750 pennants).  My team is dominant in season mode and rarely loses, most recently going 114-2 in the regular season and easily sweeping the playoffs.  So those resources are definitely within reach.  I've historically been patient and waited for my free season games to refresh, however, I'm starting to think seriously about purposefully accelerating my season mode play.  With a 7-hour refresh, I currently play 12 free season games per day, meaning that it takes about 10-11 days to complete a full season.

If I were to pay 150 gold after each series to double the pace of my season mode, my thinking is that I would be paying a total of 2,400 gold (16 cycles * 150 gold/cycle) for an incremental 22,500 pxp, 110 evo and 13,750 pennants.  If Glu were to offer a box with the following for 300 gold (2,812 pxp, 14 evo and 1,719 evo) I'd fall all over myself to buy as many as I could.  Are there any economists or accountants in our midst that could validate that this is a good idea before I start throwing gold away?            
Prev1

Comments

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    If you think that 2,812 pxp, 14 Evo, and 1,719 pennants are worth 300 gold, then go for it. Your math checks out, so if you feel this is value (and I agree, espescially with those pennants), then do it.

Also keep in mind that you'll get more pennants than that since you get pennants for winning each game as well.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Good call, plus the rinky dink draft picks will add a bit of bxp value.  I really need the evo in particular and this is the best way I can think of to get it.  Should make my team strength soar!  I'll give it a whirl for one season and see if it still feels worth it.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Math Nerd Needed      

If I were to pay 150 gold after each series to double the pace of my season mode, my thinking is that I would be paying a total of 2,400 gold (16 cycles * 150 gold/cycle) for an incremental 22,500 pxp, 110 evo and 13,750 pennants.       

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Remember this is all predicated on you winning through Finals. I know you said you've been winning them regularly, but who knows what the RNGods will come up with next time.
    True story.  Its possible that I'll hit some magical win total wall in gold and start losing left and right.  This game never lets us get too comfortable.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited July 2019

If I were to pay 150 gold after each series to double the pace of my season mode, my thinking is that I would be paying a total of 2,400 gold (16 cycles * 150 gold/cycle)

I like your thinking as I am in the same boat trying to get to diamond but it is not 150 gold per paid season series advancement. I only did it once myself (6 hour countdown) when I saw that it went to 225 or 250 after paying that 150 once so the gold amount is probably more than you are accounting for. Can anyone speak to what increments are and if there is a cap?
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts

If I were to pay 150 gold after each series to double the pace of my season mode, my thinking is that I would be paying a total of 2,400 gold (16 cycles * 150 gold/cycle)

I like your thinking as I am in the same boat trying to get to diamond but it is not 150 gold per paid season series advancement. I only did it once myself (6 hour countdown) when I saw that it went to 225 or 250 after paying that 150 once so the gold amount is probably more than you are accounting for. Can anyone speak to what increments are and if there is a cap?
    Once your season series cooldown expires, the gold price goes back to 150.
    So play a free series, spend 150 gold for another series, wait 6, 7, 8 hours, then repeat.  It stays 150 gold. I did this last weekend. 
  • midgetmulletmidgetmullet Registered Users, Member 273 Posts
    I’m at gold, I play the four extra games for 150 gold to finish each season in about five days too.  I have 16 series wins and haven't lost a world series in a long time.  For me, it’s the right thing to do especially after rewards were bumped.  I haven’t hit the wall where it’s hard to win bonus/prime games as I did in silver or bronze.  

I also don’t play out all my bonus games as I’m saving them for when I go to platinum/diamond and will eventually be able to cycle diamond easier when I make the jump without having to play a billion tournaments.  
    Thanks nerds! That’s great feedback. I’ll proceed with confidence.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    This is good thinking. Thanks for the post. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Lets say I play my series, my timer then starts.  If I do not play my extra series for 150 right away does my timer stay the same or does it start over when you are done with the 150 series???
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    You mean pay the 150 and then don't play? Timer won't start again until you play the 4 games.
    @Dustyhunks yes that is what I mean.  Sorry still waking up lol....
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    edited July 2019
    The best way to get evo is to go evo hunting after/before club events. You can do 300+ in an hour. The best way to get bxp is multi cycling, specifically classic on a Monday. You said you were lacking in PXP, but since it’s so hard to get right now it’s better to hoard it in my opinion since it’s so expensive to bring a prime to plat 10. You’ll get through any game mode fine with Bxp players. If you have the gold reserves look out for those mega prime xp box deals, they’re pretty good.
    @bayoubengal if you pay the 150 gold with 5 minutes left before your next free series it will restart the timer so best time to do it is right after you play your free games
    Thanks Recliner.  I've never been evo hunting but I'm warming up to the idea.  It seems that the precursor is to build up a hoard of gloves.  I assume that I should just grind out a ton of tournaments and bonus games to build up that resource?  By my math, using the above strategy of cycling through season mode is a more efficient use of gold than buying mega prime xp boxes.  I'll give this a whirl for awhile and see if the idea loses its luster.  
  • TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    edited July 2019
    True story.  Its possible that I'll hit some magical win total wall in gold and start losing left and right.  This game never lets us get too comfortable.
    Was 113-3 and lost to the dodgers in the semi-finals that were barely above .550 on the season. Team strength was 102k compared to Dodgers 70k. And I was doing the same thing you are doing. 150 each time. It’s worth the time and gold though I’d say.
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    Thanks Recliner.  I've never been evo hunting but I'm warming up to the idea.  It seems that the precursor is to build up a hoard of gloves.  I assume that I should just grind out a ton of tournaments and bonus games to build up that resource?  By my math, using the above strategy of cycling through season mode is a more efficient use of gold than buying mega prime xp boxes.  I'll give this a whirl for awhile and see if the idea loses its luster.  
    I’ve generally gone by 500-1000 gloves per 10 evo depending on how many spots in the club and how much each person should be donating. You’ll find your moochers everywhere though. I only did it for a few days this year since I was only plat for a week
    This just backfired on me. Undefeated team in gold (116-0), 4-0 in playoffs only to be swept by a 69k TS Astros team to my 113k team. GTFO of here with this garbage Glu!
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    This just backfired on me. Undefeated team in gold (116-0), 4-0 in playoffs only to be swept by a 69k TS Astros team to my 113k team. GTFO of here with this garbage Glu!
    Been there as well.... The least they could do is make it believable with a more similar matched TS.  Instead we all know its Glu saying....

I guess 2 out of 3 playoff rounds aint bad  :|
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Had the same thing happen in my last season.  I lost 4 games in the season, won the first two rounds, then took the D-backs to game 3, only to get destroyed.  They one hit me and murdered my prime Shane Beiber.  Glu said, "oh you want that 10k pxp?!?  Pssssshhh!!  Take your sorry team to the CITY DUMP!!!".  Thought maybe that was some great new club.
    Just no.  

Lol nice.  Let me know if that works.
    Just no.  
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I couldn't get through the initial post without smelling smoke from my ears. In short, me no like math.

Pray for me I am gold tier 
    @bayoubengal oh no, let us know the results after that series.
    Just no.  
    The Astros are brutal - I play with them as my favorite team too, just so that I don't get screwed by Verlander and Cole.  In my last series finals I played against Kansas City who had a team strength of about 60K vs my 105K - won every game by 20+.  I probably just jinxed myself.
    And so, went lost the first one, won the second one and guess what. They put up 12 runs in first inning against my ace when the other games were 3-1 and 4-2...  SMH  btw against Dodgers
    Think I realized what happened. I had Santana at first and Mondesi as sub taking Beaty's active spot. I have 5 pennants for KC and 21 for Cleveland whereas LA is at 49/60. Yeah that's what I'm going with...
  • switch810switch810 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Never even though of doing it this was and i have 6 hr seasons