Why Level Up?

bombsaway02bombsaway02 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
Hi all,

I’m a new player and love the game. I’m the last level of Bronze. My team strength is around 62k and I rarely lose season games, match, prime and bonus games, which I enjoy playing the most because there’s more chances to hit dingers. WOH is a challenge — have never gotten the top reward on any level, or even close to it, but use it to stockpile resources on Mondays. And CVC battles when you have to select another club’s pitcher to face are impossible, so I don’t even bother with them most of the time. Slugfest aren’t “my” players so I don’t bother.

I like leveling up and getting new players and am building a team of players I like playing with— six primes so far. My record is like 330-35 but have noticed regular XP is a lot harder to find to continue upgrading my guys’ special attributes.

All that said, my question is, what are the benefits of leveling up to silver and beyond? If I enjoy doing what I’m doing, what’s the point?

Thanks for your insight,
E

Comments

• ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    It’s very difficult to beat/cycle woh at bronze. The higher tier you are the easier it is. If you enjoy what you’re doing right now then you’re fine, but you’d have to move up if you wanted to cycle walk off, which nets you the most xp
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Is the E for Enigma like on Batman??
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • bombsaway02bombsaway02 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Is the E for Enigma like on Batman??
    Ha. Well, NOW it is.
    Recliner said:
    It’s very difficult to beat/cycle woh at bronze. The higher tier you are the easier it is. If you enjoy what you’re doing right now then you’re fine, but you’d have to move up if you wanted to cycle walk off, which nets you the most xp
    Kinda figured this was the reason for my struggles, even though my batters far outrank the pitchers. Wasn’t sure though. This is helpful. Thanks
    Recliner said:
    Kinda figured this was the reason for my struggles, even though my batters far outrank the pitchers. Wasn’t sure though. This is helpful. Thanks
    I was able to do it ok in silver with some work but in gold for classic on Mondays it is a lot better.  Most people call it the "sweet" spot for classic.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    What about Royale and HOF? Are they better also ? Thinking about going gold this weekend but I already win Classic without much difficulty. Thanks. 
    COWPILEY said:
    What about Royale and HOF? Are they better also ? Thinking about going gold this weekend but I already win Classic without much difficulty. Thanks. 
    @cowpiley Then you should be able to cycle a lot easier if they don't change the difficulty like royale last week
    Thanks @bayoubengal. I beat Royale this week but had to spend 1300 gold to do it. 
    COWPILEY said:
    Thanks @bayoubengal. I beat Royale this week but had to spend 1300 gold to do it. 
    Got lucky and pulled eaton out of the box first pull.  Was cheaper that way for me 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I think @DFBB said it best.  "If you're having fun, you're doing it right."
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    All that said, my question is, what are the benefits of leveling up to silver and beyond? If I enjoy doing what I’m doing, what’s the point?

Thanks for your insight,
    E
    I think you answered your own question. The game will inevitably get stale for you at bronze. When that happens, it'll be time for you to move on. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I don’t know how many games you have won, but after you win a certain amount of games, you will start losing a lot more than winning. They match you on bonus, prime, and tournaments against higher level teams once you reach a certain win total. So you will be playing Silver and even Gold teams. When that starts happening, that’s probably to best time to move up. Because it’s happened to me in the past and I’ve seen others say the same. 
    Thanks again for all the insight, folks. I’ve been reading different forums pretty regular for tips but couldn’t find much on the reasons to level up — just that people do it — so this has been incredibly helpful.

E
    COWPILEY said:
    @cowpiley Then you should be able to cycle a lot easier if they don't change the difficulty like royale last week
    Maybe they dialed it up some this week or unlucky RNG pulls but gold is not easier for me. The trouble pitchers like Baez seem much tougher in gold. Lost to Baez 3 of 4 times with video boosted maxed ML.  Needed at least 2 tries to beat every trouble pitcher. Got it done once so far but had to work much harder than silver in previous weeks. 
    I’ll amend this at the end of the day to say I did get all the way to 6-9 on HOF without spending so that is much better than I ever did in Silver. Would have spent the gold to try to finish if he had RHP skills. Good day for cash and bxp resource replenishment after the gold jump.