Outline of cycling Diamond?

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    No gold or restarts needed in classic for the team that I posted
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited July 2019
    2003cobra said:
    Unlike most if the guys on here I dont get to play woh much at all due to work. Therefore I don’t have any players capped as it us too expensive. That being said I’m about to hit D5. With the proper resources 1k wins isn’t that time consuming and the gold is awesome. I’m glad that I made the jump. It’s better than watching videos for sure. I haven’t really outlined it like the others but I can win 120 games in 30 minutes with no d10 players and only gold 10 pitchers. The playoffs might present a problem but it hasn’t been an issue yet
    Did I read this right?  You have only g10 pitchers in Diamond? Are they Bxp or Pxp? Can I see your lineup?  Inquiring minds.  If I can skip plat and go straight diamond if I save rss that might be my course of action.

Also the bonus games the diamond guys get come from WOH?  that's a lot of bonus games to cycle D6 that many times.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yes you can rack up some bonus games in WoH, the real prize if you can cycle repeatedly is the sheer amount of cash that can be gathered that gets thrown into the tourney churn to produce both wins and more bonus games that push through the tiers.
    Yes you can rack up some bonus games in WoH, the real prize if you can cycle repeatedly is the sheer amount of cash that can be gathered that gets thrown into the tourney churn to produce both wins and more bonus games that push through the tiers.
    Thanks @relegs2018u that is what I was looking for on the "how do you get the bonus games?"
    2003cobra said:
    Unlike most if the guys on here I dont get to play woh much at all due to work. Therefore I don’t have any players capped as it us too expensive. That being said I’m about to hit D5. With the proper resources 1k wins isn’t that time consuming and the gold is awesome. I’m glad that I made the jump. It’s better than watching videos for sure. I haven’t really outlined it like the others but I can win 120 games in 30 minutes with no d10 players and only gold 10 pitchers. The playoffs might present a problem but it hasn’t been an issue yet
    Did I read this right?  You have only g10 pitchers in Diamond? Are they Bxp or Pxp? Can I see your lineup?  Inquiring minds.  If I can skip plat and go straight diamond if I save rss that might be my course of action.

Also the bonus games the diamond guys get come from WOH?  that's a lot of bonus games to cycle D6 that many times.

2003cobra said:
    2003cobra said:

Well 💩. Just made me feel ok about wanting to move up
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    This is actually golden... 

Could you guys that cycle diamond for the gold post your lineups, if you still have players at G10.

That piece was actually stopping me from trying it out...
    Just my last 100 games in 22 minutes. Had to stop for the playoffs 
    Thanks, cobra! Really helps paint the picture for us peons.
    No problem. I’m a peon in the diamond level. I dont to get to play much on Monday’s so I’m a little resource poor. Just blasted through the playoffs with a little gold boost. Most guys try to improve team strength but by having scrubs for subs and the 3 relief pitchers which lowered my ts by over 10k the wins have come easier. My season mode sucks though. 
    Interesting, so the ease of play is based on the team strength? Having 1star RPs lowers your team and allows you to win bonus games easier?
    So you have 6 bats in Diamond and 2 in Platinum and are able to cycle D6 for gold regularly?
    I just got to 6. If I wanted to play more then yes I would be able to. I’ve only been diamond for 16 days but that’s 4100 wins at diamond level. I’ve got 1k wins since yesterday at 1pm. Even with my sorry lineup I can get past woh on Wednesday’s and I’m off Monday so I’m thinking 15 classic cycles. Getting a player to d10 is very expensive so when I get bonus players I do s10 for 350 guys or b10 for primes. I’m not saying that it’s easy but I’m certainly not finding it very difficult. 
    Just 1 example of a scrub pitcher that I’ve used
    Thanks ton, Cobra. This has helped a lot.
    Happy to help. Thought that it might help to see a poor mans view of diamond. I’ll probably cycle d6 twice a week but that’s still 15k gold. Better than watching videos 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    A viable 'strategy' that is popular and effective is blocking the teams that are consistently beating you. I personally don't do it, but I'll admit that it's a very effective strategy. The playoffs themselves are pretty easy so long as you level your ace. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    DFBB said:
    A viable 'strategy' that is popular and effective is blocking the teams that are consistently beating you. I personally don't do it, but I'll admit that it's a very effective strategy. The playoffs themselves are pretty easy so long as you level your ace. 
    It helps with bonus games, but not tournaments which is where you get a lot of your bonus games from. I blocked about 4 out of the 8 teams who kept thrashing me so I could see when I reached the top of the division game mountain 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I know of a lot of people that do this.  I agree that it's a viable strategy, but I won't do it, either.  If I can't beat them, then I just have more work to do....
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I've thought about blocking ranger5 and that longhorn dude, but so far I've only blocked hundreds of sticker sharers and the random clowns that pm me demanding/asking for a gift. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I’ve blocked the few notorious ones that were beating the crap out of me early in diamond, funny enough now I win about half of my games against those teams now go figure as all but two players that start for me are 350.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Cycle capping WOH player Monday then going to finish off Jorge and Ramon. I blitzed through 800+ bonus games for gold to try and get duplicates. LOOOOOONG NIGHT 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I blitzed through 800+ bonus games for gold to try and get duplicates. LOOOOOONG NIGHT 
    This is what concerns me about taking the plunge. Sounds like the game becomes nothing but grinding 8hr days of Bonus Games/WoH and that's the only 2 aspects viable to play anymore. Not that Season mode means anything to me but WoH and CvC are my fav modes and if CvC dies by jumping into the Diamond Cycle Mode, that's kinda discouraging. I easily get 30-50k Pxp per weekend off of cvc matches, plus more players from reward boxes.
    CvC doesn’t die though it will take some time and effort to get your team back to a place where you can do well at it again.  For whatever reason despite the fact everyone faces that 44 overall pitcher if your team is a bunch of players a tier or two below your current tier you will struggle a bit.  WoH is also a bit harder than when many of us made our pushes (I went later than some and ran into having 5 diamond pitchers vs 1, now there’s 7 of them on Royale. 4 also now in classic mode but with 4 solid bats in the D4-6 range you should still be able to get through it on Monday, Royale is a bit tougher and you’re going to need a bit deeper of a lineup for that now).  

I don’t want to dissuade anyone but diamond life is different and while you don’t have to bang out 800 games in a night you will have to grind and certain modes will be frustrating for a while as you get to the point where banging out 2-3 D6s a week is routine.  Once your machine gets rolling a bit 2-3 hours a day you’ll chunk out 300-400 wins at a time but yes at least for a while it’s a steady diet of bonus games and tourneys with WoH days to replenish resources to crank out more BGs and tourneys.
    It’s  not for everybody that’s for sure. I stayed gold last year which I feel was the sweet spot but i wanted more out of this game. I work retail and have some funky hours so playing bonus games when it’s convenient for me is how I’m getting more. I used to going videos  but no more of that. I average 4 wins per minute so I could cycle in less than 4.5 hours if I go at it hard-I rigged up on of my wife’s toys to do the tappin for me. It’s impossible to get 7500 gold in that time by watching videos. Also, I didn’t know that you could block somebody. Not that I care to but interesting nonetheless. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    This is what concerns me about taking the plunge. Sounds like the game becomes nothing but grinding 
    I wasn't quite prepared for the amount of bonus games needed, it definitely is a grind. I enjoy certain aspects of it, and I despise other aspects of it. I have a feeling I won't be making the jump next year, if I'm around next year 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     With Royale WoH what it was this week and some posts here lately I'm having to rethink my push to diamond. I certainly have the bxp players I would want to take leaving primes behind or in plat for now. I'm just now starting to cap upgrades and pennants so want to experience that gold life for a bit but the allure of gold + evo at will still may prove to be too much. Kind of have a feeling I'm not sure what I would be getting myself into at diamond however...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Scioscia_Fan CVC doesn't die. This was the other night with Eaton as my only bonus player (+200), both video boost, live boost, but no gold spent:

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @dfbb If I were to move to diamond, how much bxp should I have if I want to cycle classic woh? In other words, how much bxp does it take to upgrade players enough to cycle woh? 

Edited to say diamond cause I forgot how to play this game.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @BlackFang4, I went silver to gold on 7/4.  150k bxp is plenty to make you competitive for classic woh on Monday. 

I had about that much, but I traded in some inactives (more than I wanted to), and was able to cap all my active bxp players.