Weekend boxes

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    ZaneJ78 said:
    Tdub71 said:
    Maybe.  Still WAY too much for a single player, imo.

Unless he was 600 overall and with double automatic beat any pitcher in woh skills.

Something ridiculous like that would make me stare at it for a while, but $99.99 is still nuts to me.  I don't mind spending irl money for bundles with gold, boxes, pxp, etc, but for just a player, that still requires all the extra resources?  Pass.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    If you are diamond, that’s nothing. The real cost is leveling him.
    if you think about it, a hundred bucks only gets you 15k gold. It would be a decent buy for those that didn’t take on the dbl gold videos. I personally wouldn’t spend either amount for a guy with a 400 max. However, at the rate we are moving up in max, he may be top dawg until October!!!
    You have special deals $100 15k gold .. wait that's a vip thing huh
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Not yet a special, but one usually pops up every so often
    I don't know if specials show different stuff for VIP v/s f2p players, but there are always a couple things that I have to talk myself out of...
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    @Tdub71 I would never do it but it would make me check my credit card balance lol..
    Need more Living Legends!
  • Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    If he is a special for $99.99 I'm going to have to watch my alcohol intake so I don't do anything I'll regret in the morning haha
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    If you are diamond, that’s nothing. The real cost is leveling him.
    if you think about it, a hundred bucks only gets you 15k gold. It would be a decent buy for those that didn’t take on the dbl gold videos. I personally wouldn’t spend either amount for a guy with a 400 max. However, at the rate we are moving up in max, he may be top dawg until October!!!
    You have special deals $100 15k gold .. wait that's a vip thing huh
    Not a VIP thing, it just pops up sometimes. On big holidays they pop up with $100 for 20k gold deals. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Well, these boxes are a dumpster fire...at least I can relax this weekend 🤷‍♂️
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Today's fan rewards, while terrible, is consistent with fan rewards for 2019. Last week was considerably better and that's such an understatement.

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    sherold22 said:
    Yeah this sucks that we've become stagnant on 350/ 400 players, I have no reason to go after any of those players
    You are exactly right we have been stuck at 350/400 for so long no reason to buy any boxes. I understand they are trying to give players a longer shelf life and that’s a good thing but it’s time for a bump.
    Glu might understand after no one buys boxes this weekend lol 
    Watch - Fan rewards 360 max bxp and 420 prime  to make you spend
    I almost wished u were right..😕 but I definitely won’t be spending any gold on a 10k reward 350 bxp Bryant dbl two out skill player. 🤣
    Boxes and fan rewards very comical this week tho.. got a good laugh out of it! Thanks glu 👍🏻👍🏻
    Oof.  All-Star Trout was 400 mas with late-inning and risp.  This is a huge step down.
  • PhillyPhan87PhillyPhan87 Registered Users, Member 187 Posts
    sherold22 said:
    Yeah this sucks that we've become stagnant on 350/ 400 players, I have no reason to go after any of those players
    I don't mind it actually, makes it easier to say no to spending any money on this game. It gives me time to level more skills and stockpile resources for the next inevitable increase.

I don't see the appeal for hardcore players to try and get someone with like 20 higher max overall all the way to Platinum.
    Luck = getting all curveballs in WOH
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Bought 10 War Lords boxes to hit the 2500 rewards since Freeman was the only player I'd want from either box. 
    1/10 Warlords - Means on #10
    1/3 Wildcards - Carpenter on #2
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    15 warlords and 8 NL boxes 
    All XP
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I think they make the weekend boring so you have nothing better to do than buy boxes. It’s almost working on me. 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited July 2019
    17 warlords 3 NL boxes. 
    Rendon x3
    Polanco x2
    Laureano 
    Rest was xp, pxp and evo
    ~UNAGI~
    Pulled this guy from the free gift box 😕
    I pulled Marte from the freebie.
    Why does there have to douche nozzles that go around disagreeing posts? ⬆️ When it doesn’t even make sense to disagree...nothing to disagree with. If I create a post that has opinion related content sure disagree all you want. 👍🏻 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I got Carpenter from the free box. He’s better than WOH Meadows. Never hurts to have another good lefty. 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    4 more boxes all Xp still
    Why does there have to douche nozzles that go around disagreeing posts? ⬆️ When it doesn’t even make sense to disagree...nothing to disagree with. If I create a post that has opinion related content sure disagree all you want. 👍🏻 
    Children are at play. I thought it was you for a good while 🤷🏻‍♂️ trolls will troll, I suppose. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited July 2019
    @retirepujols nah it’s not not me buddy 🤷🏻‍♂️. I can see how some would think that as DFBB and I opinion wise kinda got off on the wrong foot when I joined the forum. He was getting a lot of disagree slams there for awhile and still does now and then. Oooook I’ll say what needs to be said and some are thinking lol I may have a bit of a salty opinion of glu... and may have been to condescending towards DFBB and came across rude but it wasn’t intended that way. So for that I apologize DFBB. I don’t think I’ve ever even hit the disagree button.. tho someone definitely is lol. I really enjoy this forum and the game despite my opinion of glu. I don’t wanna be the outcast of the forum 🥺. So group hug?? 🤣 No really tho y’all are great... yourself, dfbb, Houmy, and many others provide much insight to the game. I followed this forum long before I joined it and it helped tremendously.  Much appreciation and respect for y’all 🍻 👍🏻👊🏻

Edit: @Bigpredfan also can’t forget him! Always great help on this forum. And my apologies to him as well also got off on wrong foot 😬. 

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I've never even noticed this forum has/uses disagrees/agrees/likes until your post. I'd say the two disagrees are just people who are salty you hit a good player from a free box while they got bxp from theirs. LOL
    It's like the people on Glu's twitter who play the #Freestufffriday every week. Every week they don't win, they post a FU Meme to Glu. 
    @Scioscia_Fan true true haters gonna hate I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️😕  I know right scrolling through the free stuff Friday comments is entertaining lol It’s a conspiracy same people always win and they are glu employees 🤣 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    It wasn't me, @mythicaldragon, but maybe whoever it was just disagreed with you. The emoji you used suggested you weren't high on Moustakas. I pulled him, and have been pleased with the results so far. I get that he isn't going to be great for everyone, but the tone coming from some in here sometimes is if he isn't worth it to him/her, he's terrible -- that's an opinion, not a fact. Some disagree with that opinion. It's cool though. Both sides help me learn more about the game, which is why I come here. 
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I never win #FreeStuffFriday, sometimes I think I just have bad luck but then I think it's maybe because they just don't like my nickname.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I have no resentment to disagree with people's opinions, but I do not "troll" disagree for the only reason of bring a troll. Disagreeing on this forum provides constructive criticism, however, and I am glad to hear people's opinions down.
    @CanadaCubs hit it on the head.  If you disagree, at least have the stones to tell the original poster why.  Even though my opinions and @mythicaldragon's often don't line up, at least I know he seems to always support his.  

No matter your opinion on a topic, if you can't support it, you don't deserve to have it.  Just my 2¢...
    edited July 2019
    I disagree with a lot of the VIP posts, besides that it's only if I strongly disagree and I'll usually be heavily involved in the conversation 🤪

Also, I think I earned 37 disagrees in that thread you're talking about @mythicaldragon 😂