Options

Outline of cycling Diamond?

13Next

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dfbb If I were to move to gold, how much bxp should I have if I want to cycle classic woh? In other words, how much bxp does it take to upgrade players enough to cycle woh? 
    I haven't  been gold in awhile. I imagine you'd want enough for your keepers. If that's not an option, the current crop of bxp players should be enough. Ideally, you can get 4-5 bats capped. I'd ignore pitching entirely until you get settled with WoH. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

Post was edited. He's asking about diamond actually.

• Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I blitzed through 800+ bonus games for gold to try and get duplicates. LOOOOOONG NIGHT 
    This is what concerns me about taking the plunge. Sounds like the game becomes nothing but grinding 8hr days of Bonus Games/WoH and that's the only 2 aspects viable to play anymore. Not that Season mode means anything to me but WoH and CvC are my fav modes and if CvC dies by jumping into the Diamond Cycle Mode, that's kinda discouraging. I easily get 30-50k Pxp per weekend off of cvc matches, plus more players from reward boxes.
    With field pass it cuts down the amount of time to get through 1k dramatically 
  • Options
    Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I blitzed through 800+ bonus games for gold to try and get duplicates. LOOOOOONG NIGHT 
    This is what concerns me about taking the plunge. Sounds like the game becomes nothing but grinding 8hr days of Bonus Games/WoH and that's the only 2 aspects viable to play anymore. Not that Season mode means anything to me but WoH and CvC are my fav modes and if CvC dies by jumping into the Diamond Cycle Mode, that's kinda discouraging. I easily get 30-50k Pxp per weekend off of cvc matches, plus more players from reward boxes.
    With field pass it cuts down the amount of time to get through 1k dramatically 
    Yeaaaaa but I'm cheap and dont spend on the game 😂
  • Options
    Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    This is what concerns me about taking the plunge. Sounds like the game becomes nothing but grinding 
    I wasn't quite prepared for the amount of bonus games needed, it definitely is a grind. I enjoy certain aspects of it, and I despise other aspects of it. I have a feeling I won't be making the jump next year, if I'm around next year 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Yeah, I just don't want to ruin the game for myself but I guess there's only one way to find out. Hopefully the enjoy outweighs the despise.
    DFBB said:
    @Scioscia_Fan CVC doesn't die. This was the other night with Eaton as my only bonus player (+200), both video boost, live boost, but no gold spent:

Man you really smoked that other jokers high score!
  • Options
    tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Diamond players that are elite or just newbies like me. What do you guys have your upgrade levels too. I understand that hitting clutch extra bases and that are best. But what about all the others. For needing money to play tourneys. How can u do both 300k cash for a 1% upgrade and still have a enough to play tourneys. I can't cycle WOH 10 15 or 20 times a week. My team is too weak. So is it completely neccessary to get those upgrades done to help cycle and win games a little easier. Or use that money for tourneys and bonus games
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I still have loads of upgrades at 40 tbh
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @retirepujols me too. Some even less than that lol. But to dump 300k is a huge amount of cash. Later in the season when the team is better its whatever but I cant do that now
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My hitting upgrades are at 60, clutch and in the zone are at 60, most of the rest are 40 or less.
  • Options
    MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Hope to make the move to platinum after Wednesday. Find this thread very helpful thanks to all
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2019
    2003cobra said:
    Also the bonus games the diamond guys get come from WOH?  that's a lot of bonus games to cycle D6 that many times.

Bonus games come from WOH, but mostly it is the cash that you invest into tournaments from which you win bonus games 10-12 at a time. That's where the bulk of them come from. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    So far I’ve received more franchise coins than bonus games but I have cycled through.  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @2003cobra If you have the time, the amount of cash you get from WoH will feed you all the tourneys you can handle.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    So far I’ve received more franchise coins than bonus games but I have cycled through.  
    I’ve found that opening more boxes at the same time seems to show you that the pulls come in bunches. You’ll get 5 franchise coins, then 6 pulls of bonus games. I’ve testing opening 100 boxes twice and the odds held true, skewed towards getting bonus games just slightly 
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I'm about 150 bonus wins away from cycling 6 for the first time this season.
    Looking forward to that delicious evo. *burp*
  • Options
    I'm about 150 bonus wins away from cycling 6 for the first time this season.
    Looking forward to that delicious evo. *burp*
    Just got through my second and the Evo is beautiful, but I do wish they threw those bonus games in there still. I'm also dismayed that they removed the "auto to end" in the playoffs from field pass 😏
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    I’ve found that opening more boxes at the same time seems to show you that the pulls come in bunches. You’ll get 5 franchise coins, then 6 pulls of bonus games. I’ve testing opening 100 boxes twice and the odds held true, skewed towards getting bonus games just slightly 
    Seems about right so far, when I open 10 tourney boxes I tend to get bonus games 4 times and franchise coins/ice packs 6 times. When I open 25 at a time, bonus games are closer to 50%, and (I've only done this a handful of times) when I open 50 at a time I end up much closer to 60% bonus games. I'm at a small sample size of trying this, but so far it seems like opening a good number at once is the way to go. 
  • Options
    Seems about right so far, when I open 10 tourney boxes I tend to get bonus games 4 times and franchise coins/ice packs 6 times. When I open 25 at a time, bonus games are closer to 50%, and (I've only done this a handful of times) when I open 50 at a time I end up much closer to 60% bonus games. I'm at a small sample size of trying this, but so far it seems like opening a good number at once is the way to go. 
    Always a good idea to open in bulk. 

• Options
    I’ve been doing 60 games, 10 tourneys in blocks today taking advantage of field pass, have ran 120 tourneys today, around 58 have had games or just a tick below the roughly 55% odds of getting games.
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    So after you cycle diamond 6, then it’s always 1k games for a cycle? @retirepujols
  • Options
    So after you cycle diamond 6, then it’s always 1k games for a cycle? @retirepujols
    Yes, 1k wins from bonus games/tournaments. I think certain "match me" games may count as well, but I'm not sure. 
  • Options
    Random match me games do count toward your division wins, the ones where you let glu put you up against another random player.
  • Options
    Random match me games do count toward your division wins, the ones where you let glu put you up against another random player.
    Just don’t do rematches as those won’t count 
  • Options
    thanks  guys. I’ll hit the tourneys a little harder. Plus I’m off Monday and I got 18 cycles in this past week. Started with no d10 batters and now have 4. Definitely a productive day and looking forward to another. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip on playing tourneys. That is the route that I took Wednesday and got lucky with the multiplier.