Glu you trickster

dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
June 25th

Today

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Hmmm... Very sneaky, indeed.

I confess, I had to look at it 3 times to even notice the difference.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    That actually happened about 10 days ago @dustyhunks. I remember because I spent a stupid amount of gold chasing him and refuse to trade him from my roster.  
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    This falls into the category of game integrity. I understand that sometimes, mistakes happen. However, far too much time has elapsed to justify any type of change.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @DFBB taking notes for a certain field trip? 😁
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whitebatsmatterwhitebatsmatter Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Can some please explain this to me?

Why did deeez buntz lose this match? Anyone?
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    There was obviously another team in the other club that put up points, then left, or got kicked.  Happens a lot, actually.
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    I’ve lost several high scoring rounds lately where my points count towards the club total but don’t show up on my score. It could be that too. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    DFBB said:
    This falls into the category of game integrity. I understand that sometimes, mistakes happen. However, far too much time has elapsed to justify any type of change.
    He's recent enough to be an active for someone that hasn't been able to pull a 340+ 2bman as well, which they have now lost to some internal decision making "process". Probably for the box re-release rate'd up next weekend that will have a current prime second baseman as the low odds player for the main weekend box.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    What am I missing? What changed? I have this player in inactives as well
    He was a 2b since release and according to @dkarski87 Glu made him a SS 10 days ago.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    Oh didn't notice the position change. Weird. I like him more as a SS at this point anyways as I have too many 2B. I expect him to be the recycled box this week so he will probably get traded in after Thursday's event. 

One glu screwup that slightly works in my favor for once.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea it was a while ago, I just never use  him anymore but as dusty pointed. 100% he was my 2nd base for awhile. He was never a SS when released in that version.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I would like to see them add a drop down menu, like they have for “My Legend” where players could play multiple positions like they do in real life. Where Baez could be 2B, SS, or DH
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I would like to see them add a drop down menu, like they have for “My Legend” where players could play multiple positions like they do in real life. Where Baez could be 2B, SS, or DH
    That would be so much better than them just flat out changing the position of the player altogether.  Still wrong of glu to change it though.  I guess it's better than trying to change him to long relief??
    Just no.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

If you get  kicked, your points will stay. In your situation, it appears that there was another team that played in the other club, collected, and left. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    DFBB said:

If you get  kicked, your points will stay. In your situation, it appears that there was another team that played in the other club, collected, and left. 
    Or like @effschmoo2 mentioned it could be that a player on the winning club had a crash or game freeze after a high round in which case the points count towards the club but not the player.  I’ve had a crash several times during play which most of the time it doesn’t register the points or I didn’t notice it.  But the last time I had a crash it occurred with a 2.5 mil round.  Points counted to the win for the club but I lost out on High round and MVP
  • gerbs94gerbs94 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Interesting, never noticed this, thanks for the post!
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Oh didn't notice the position change. Weird. I like him more as a SS at this point anyways as I have too many 2B. I expect him to be the recycled box this week so he will probably get traded in after Thursday's event. 

One glu screwup that slightly works in my favor for once.
    This happened in the WAR release with Ketel Marte too. The Prime version is a 2B while the WAR version is OF. I guess it doesn't help me, but considering his WAR is calculated with him playing multiple positions, seems fair to say he could play either spot. And it'd help me out a bit if he could. 
    After seeing this and seeing the Marte in the box this weekend as an OF, I quickly replaced my POTM DJ with my 2B Marte so that he could stay in the 2B spot in cast his position changed. Shouldn’t ever have to be a concern, but after seeing this I went ahead and made the change back 
    I assume you mean All-star first start Marte? Guessing he was voted in as 2bman. He’s nearly split all games between both 2b and OF IRL. Don’t see Glu ever allowing non ML players to play multiple positions. We would never buy boxes again once you get a few of those. Not that we need to now with marginally better players coming out every day. 
    Also difference with Baez is he’s not played a single game at 2b this year and it was May when this box was released. Not like they were just basing it on last year. Who knows though, maybe this iteration of Baez was planned before the season started and he was mostly at 2b in 18. 

Marte has split games all year at both positions. Havent looked but my guess is he was voted in at 2b. Dont think either of those will be changed. 

@Bigpredfan
    Also difference with Baez is he’s not played a single game at 2b this year and it was May when this box was released. Not like they were just basing it on last year. Who knows though, maybe this iteration of Baez was planned before the season started and he was mostly at 2b in 18. 

Marte has split games all year at both positions. Havent looked but my guess is he was voted in at 2b. Dont think either of those will be changed. 

@Bigpredfan
    Mine is the one from the specials with double LHP skills. 350 max. Still rocks WOH over a month later,