WOH 7-29-2019

124Next

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I feel like a kid that didn't get picked for kickball, I got mondesi and barely got him to silver 1 - F^%$'ing Diamond

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I feel like a kid that didn't get picked for kickball, I got mondesi and barely got him to silver 1 - F^%$'ing Diamond

You didn’t :
    1. Get him
    2. Level him to b10 then cycle
    3. Level him to s10 then cycle
    4. Continue capping?? 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

You didn’t :
    1. Get him
    4. Continue capping?? 
    He was probably too busy helping people get their VIP status.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts

You didn’t :
    1. Get him
    4. Continue capping?? 
    That's right @matt_sackett is now in charge of VIP 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    edited July 2019

You didn’t :
    1. Get him
    4. Continue capping?? 
    That's right @matt_sackett is now in charge of VIP 
    I got heeem....I leveled him to 10 with my own xp, tried to farm for more house money, ran out of time & ate something funky and spent the night in the bafroom, fell asleep early, the dog barked and it was 11.

So I ran out of time.

Edit* I cant even get myself vip...so I Handed that Task off to @jeddoggy
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    13 cycles today 😴 resource hoarding 
    This may be the first time I cycle cap a guy and then trade him in. 
    Dang, you must have some team! I was happy to get a new SS! I'll be running both versions of Mondesi for CvC!

I just want to add that Diamond HoF is significantly easier than gold HoF. The biggest difference is that I never get 'stuck' anywhere other than maybe 6.10 here and there. Even then, it's not bad. It's really just time consuming. However, the rewards are obviously awesome. Normally, it costs 1.02 mill pxp to cap a prime from b1 to d10, skills included. Yesterday, I was able to do it and only lost out on 280k pxp....and that's without FP!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @DFBB I would be stoked to have mondesi if I didn't grab polanco over the weekend, or if he was a catcher 🙃 I re-thought the idea of trading him in tomorrow, and I'll probably hang on to him for a rainy day 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @retirepujols he's pretty good for platoon CvC and at minimum, is a great sim option at the low rounds.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    DFBB said:
    13 cycles today 😴 resource hoarding 
    This may be the first time I cycle cap a guy and then trade him in. 
    Dang, you must have some team! I was happy to get a new SS! I'll be running both versions of Mondesi for CvC!

I just want to add that Diamond HoF is significantly easier than gold HoF. The biggest difference is that I never get 'stuck' anywhere other than maybe 6.10 here and there. Even then, it's not bad. It's really just time consuming. However, the rewards are obviously awesome. Normally, it costs 1.02 mill pxp to cap a prime from b1 to d10, skills included. Yesterday, I was able to do it and only lost out on 280k pxp....and that's without FP!
    Very interesting. This Diamond thing sounds very intriguing. I think with the field pass I would be more willing to jump to Diamond, discount for leveling, faster to get through games. Anyone know of the top how much resources it takes for your keepers Gold to to Diamond 10?
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Personally going diamond scares me..
    Need more Living Legends!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Yet another reason why I am not feeling WOH this year. Bought enough of the $3.00 and two $10 specials to get to AS13 (was about $27ish away) in anticipation of the VIP gift as well as getting more resources down the road. Don't see what the point of playing WOH is when you can get the same or comparable players through boxes with almost spending the same.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

@Houmy A lot of hearts(and wallets) were smashed in pursuit of Grandal. Congrats!!!
    ZaneJ78 said:
    Personally going diamond scares me..
    If you have the time to grind, it's very easy and fun.
    DFBB said:
    @Houmy A lot of hearts(and wallets) were smashed in pursuit of Grandal. Congrats!!!
    I don't know. He any good? 😉

Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    I can't promise how long he'll hold the title, but for the time being, he's THE numero uno!
    DFBB said:
    Houmy said:
    DFBB said:
    I can't promise how long he'll hold the title, but for the time being, he's THE numero uno!
    @Bigpredfan please make a note 😊

• 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I got completely beat up on HOF level 6 yesterday even with 80 gold boost on 6.10.  Here was the line up I started, just curious what order of players you guys would have used to attack level 6...

@8ball02 I'd go Diaz at 6.7, Eaton at 6.8, Ohtani at 6.9, and Pollock at 6.10. It can be done, but it's definitely an uphill battle for you vs Ryu. 
    @DFBB interesting... I went with Polanco 6.7, Eaton 6.8, Ohtani 6.9 and Vazquez against Ryu.  Im not crazy about Vazquez but the thought was with his blowout skill plus 80 gold boost he would have stood a chance.  But everytime I battled my way to 6.10 I just couldnt quite get over the hump being down so many runs...
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @8ball02

I would use Bryant against Ryu so that you have two skills active. 
    8ball02 said:
    @DFBB interesting... I went with Polanco 6.7, Eaton 6.8, Ohtani 6.9 and Vazquez against Ryu.  Im not crazy about Vazquez but the thought was with his blowout skill plus 80 gold boost he would have stood a chance.  But everytime I battled my way to 6.10 I just couldnt quite get over the hump being down so many runs...
    There are people who believe in blowouts for woh. I'm not one of those people so take that as you may.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2019
    DFBB said:
    There are people who believe in blowouts for woh. 

I never did until McNeil. I wanted to keep track yesterday but don't think I will ever have the time/patience to scribble down hits vs at bats and such while playing. I swear his performance does not dwindle as the score gets closer though. Using him against Ryu for two events now, I'm thoroughly convinced the blowout skill is active the entire round.
    The blowouts things definitely has guys on both sides of the fence. If you believe in it, I definitely agree with @JEDDDOGGY that Bryant should be your guy. 

Thanks guys... I was getting ready to move up to platinum and then push on to Diamond but I think I will hold off another week or so and take a shot at HOF again.
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    For some reason at g10. With both skills at 8, and 80g boost McNeil was horrible against 6.10 Ryu. I think the final tally was 0 for 11. I had to use WAR Marte who did the job for me. I am not sure if it was the platoon advantage or the fact Marte has a significantly higher power rating. I'm surprised to hear others used McNeil successfully. I guess it's a moot point since the reward was Albies who will now be my closer against lefties.. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Yet another reason why I am not feeling WOH this year. Bought enough of the $3.00 and two $10 specials to get to AS13 (was about $27ish away) in anticipation of the VIP gift as well as getting more resources down the road. Don't see what the point of playing WOH is when you can get the same or comparable players through boxes with almost spending the same.

Agree they have definitely watered down woh prize while in pursuit of $.  Before obviously u had to cycle woh to get the best player and it put a lot of pressure on cycling woh or least I know it did me. It was fun... it is still fun and I still cycle because I enjoy it but it’s definitely not the same. Tho several of my former club mates do not cycle anymore because they don’t have to. Just buy boxes. 😕🤷🏻‍♂️
    I do like buying those 3$ and 10$ specials tho definitely guilty of that lol 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used Pollock for my one HoF cycle (I’m still a slave to classic exp though I’m a 2B from a capped blue exp diamond starting 9 and 3 subs).  I don’t spend much money (I have been buying the field pass my wrists thank me) so I only have two primes to D1, Contreras and Ryu.  Working on Albies after Contreras gets to about D5 to replace Wolters.