Gold to Platinum

eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
What kind of resources are recommended for the move?  I'm currently at 340 evo, 270k pxp, 450k bxp, 3 mil cash, gold is no issue. I feel my biggest hurdle is evo, since I have two G10 Primes (AS Polanco and Altuve), right? 
I mostly just want to cycle classic WoH for now. 

Also, anything different between going gold to platinum?

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Biggest hurdle is resources 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    Yeah not looking to max all my guys right away, hoping my top 2-4 righties/lefties bats to start.  Save pitchers for a later time
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    You have more than enough resources to make the jump. 
    Sweet.  Appreciate the feedback!
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I'd focus on getting your top 4 hitters for WoH (best 2 LH/best 2 RH) leveled up to where you can cycle on Mondays.
    Also get your Ace to Platinum 5 or so and see how well you fair in bonus games. One thing to note is that once you move up a tier, it also makes sense to start trading in your lower max players that you won't need anymore. 
    @LudwigMonster  Good points.  Thanks!  I will move up after my current season, which I'm about half way, so it would give me more time to build resources.  Thanks again!  PS love the Avatar (Twins fan)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Or you could be like me and decide to wait until you build up resources, then get drunk and move up anyways. It was actually a very easy transition 🤷🏻‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    Or you could be like me and decide to wait until you build up resources, then get drunk and move up anyways. It was actually a very easy transition 🤷🏻‍♂️
    That’s how I ended up diamond with no resources. Worked out way better than I thought it would. 
    @effschmoo2 that's how I ended up gold, then platinum, and then diamond lol. It's just a game, you'll be fine! Don't let strategy take away the fun, man! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    @effschmoo2 that's how I ended up gold, then platinum, and then diamond lol. It's just a game, you'll be fine! Don't let strategy take away the fun, man! 
    I’m having a blast in diamond. Made the game fun again. Gold felt more like a job than a game. Only stayed plat for a week. DFBB, bigpredfan and all the other regulars on here made it sound too good to be true. Sometimes drinking and tapping pays off. 
    DFBB, bigpredfan and all the other regulars on here made it sound too good to be true. 
    These guys motivated me to push to diamond as well! 

Sometimes drinking and tapping pays off. 
    I've also made very bad decisions doing this 😂 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    so the consensus to move from gold to platinum is to at least have enough rss to upgrade top two L / R batters? 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    so the consensus to move from gold to platinum is to at least have enough rss to upgrade top two L / R batters? 
    Is that what you got out of it??  All I got out of that convo was to drink while tapping!