How to build up BXP: tips

marcoslomarcoslo Registered Users, Member 393 Posts
okay this is for me...I’ve been ready to leave silver but don’t have nearly enough to move up to gold. Any tips?

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    WOH is a great source - if you can cycle take the reward player into silver and keep cycling to gain xp for the duplicate. Also, even if you can't cycle just keep playing the level you are stuck on to get the reward for the round - typically draft picks - and once the event is over trade in all the draft picks gained for bxp.
    On prime days always play at least one prime game to secure the bxp for ranking above 1000

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Yeah I cycled it twice yesterday and got through levels 1-4 a third time. Cashed in something like 15k in xp plus whatever I got for winning Mondesi again. I'd have a lot more if I could have done it another two times but I'm still growing. 

Otherwise, the game rewards you for playing. Bonus and Prime games give you rewards. Play a ton of them. Get the daily gifts. It can build up pretty substantially if you focus on playing events and not spending. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Just went through that. Key is patience and restraint with new toys. Don’t spend to level bonus players past B10 unless they are permanently replacing someone. 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Gained roughly 200k bxp yesterday from cycle capping him. Just keep at it!
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Gained roughly 200k bxp yesterday from cycle capping him. Just keep at it!
    explain your process please!?!?!
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    1.Beat WOH
    2. Upgrade player to D1
    3. Cycle said player to D10
    4. Enjoy the spoils

So if I was gold same process just upgrade to g1 then cycle?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    marcoslo said:
    okay this is for me...I’ve been ready to leave silver but don’t have nearly enough to move up to gold. Any tips?
    I was silver for a very short amount of time. When I went gold, I ignored my pitching completely. After one WoH event, I was able to level up my pitching. Gold is significantly easier and the rewards(duplicate xp) is considerably better too.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited July 2019
    I do at least a dozen cycles so level to b10, cycle to s1 then level to s10, cycle to g1 and cycle cap. Not interested in spending gold or evo for a player I most likely won't use beyond the following Tuesday.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    1.Beat WOH
    2. Upgrade player to D1
    3. Cycle said player to D10
    4. Enjoy the spoils

Change 2 to P10 instead of D1 and that’s what I did 
    @dustyhunks I get the evo and gold thing but time is more valuable than evo/gold at diamond IMO. 4400 evo in the bank at the moment 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yeah I get that. If I were diamond I would have definitely made Mondesi active SS too. @Haraycaray
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Winning clash in gold clubs today is also a nice bxp reward
    DFBB said:
    marcoslo said:
    I was silver for a very short amount of time. When I went gold, I ignored my pitching completely. After one WoH event, I was able to level up my pitching. Gold is significantly easier and the rewards(duplicate xp) is considerably better too.
    This is dangerously inspiring.......do I dare try it?!? 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Do it coozie...stay out of diamond..that pool has been tainted.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @Cooz19, Do it! Do it! Do it!  All the cool kids are gold.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @Tdub71 is right!  Do it!  Do it!  Do it!
    Just no.  
    mmmmrrrrrgggghhhHHHHHH ALRIGHT, I'M GONNA DO IT!!!!
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    You'll be glad you did.  I know I was a couple weeks ago!  But I did have 400k bxp at the time and 106k pxp with my 0 prime hitters and like 43 prime pitchers that I don't care to level... yet.  Oh and had 4 mil blue cash
    Just no.  
    Cooz19 said:
    Best move that I have made …..
    Cooz19 said:
    You'll be glad you did.  I know I was a couple weeks ago!  But I did have 400k bxp at the time and 106k pxp with my 0 prime hitters and like 43 prime pitchers that I don't care to level... yet.  Oh and had 4 mil blue cash
    .............Ok, I'm nowhere near having any of those things. My top five hitters are prime and I have like 40k pxp. 30k bxp, 240k cash. Seems like having four good bats for woh will get me through woh with a reasonable but profitable effort.  
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    If you aren't super-reliant on primes, it should be easy.  Focus on your top 3 or 4 for woh, you will probably want to bring your ace up fairly quickly, but key hitters first. 

Pxp is raining from the sky right now, so buy some mega deal boxes, if you have the gold (or $100) to blow.  Madbum would be a true ace for a while, and that bundle should be enough to cap him at g10, with 50k+ left over.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Cooz19 said:
    Cooz19 said:
    .............Ok, I'm nowhere near having any of those things. My top five hitters are prime and I have like 40k pxp. 30k bxp, 240k cash. Seems like having four good bats for woh will get me through woh with a reasonable but profitable effort.  
    I had a ton of primes before going gold last week. I made sure to get some decent 350bxp players to take over prime positions I wasn't taking with me. Had something like 14 primes and only took 5 with me. 1 pitcher and 4 hitters. I still cycled 5 times yesterday with losing 4 prime hitters in my WOH lineup. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    @dustyhunks does cycling upgrade a player from bronze to silver to gold? You can save the gold and evo???
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    lenard said:
    @dustyhunks does cycling upgrade a player from bronze to silver to gold? You can save the gold and evo???
    Yes
  • lenardlenard Registered Users, Member 88 Posts
    Well slap me silly!!! Was that with the latest update?
  • mancov2001mancov2001 Registered Users, Member 62 Posts
    lenard said:
    Yes
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    lenard said:

It was with the update earlier this month.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.