Road to Diamond - HELP!

SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge into Platinum (or Diamond?) but am super nervous and need some advice to make sure that I don't screw this up.  My team strength is about 105K and Gold has frankly gotten boring - I win about 99% of my season, bonus and prime games and usually by 10+ runs.

Resources: 27K gold, $4.0 million cash, 550K bxp, 70K pxp, 600 evo, 1,000 bonus games, 250 ice wraps.  Pitchers - one prime at G10 (Verlander).  Hitters - six primes at G10 (3 left, 3 right - Wolters, Ohtani, Devers, LeMahieu, Trout, Alonso).

I don't have enough pxp to level any primes to P10, so I plan to focus on just my key bxp guys.  I can afford to level two bxp hitters to D10 or around 10 bxp pitchers/hitters to P10.  I've considered waiting until the POTMs come out next week and taking those hitters to D10, as they will be significantly better than my existing 350 max bxp guys (maybe 400-410 max and 350 after August ends?).

Does it make more sense to get my club up to Platinum 6 or try to power through to Diamond?  I currently cycle classic WoH without any trouble and want to make sure that I don't lose that ability. Is there a recommended time of the week to take the leap?  Maybe on a weekend so that I can take advantage of a 30% discount club?  Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Answers

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I jumped on a weekend for the discount Club, I would say Mondays are pretty good days as well as you can cycle cap your first P10 or d-10 player for free and have a fresh stock of XP to level other guys
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Unless you’re pumping $ into the game, the less time spent in platinum the better 
    Unless you’re pumping $ into the game, the less time spent in platinum the better 
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    Im still Gold myself and trying to save resources but from what Ive read from others I would think your more than ready.... The only thing that I will add is that unless Im wrong a discount club will only help you with that weekends bonus players and then you would be spending resources to take players from B1 which wouldnt be worth it to me unless Glu bumps up the max soon.

Personally if I had your resources I would have already jumped to make the move with the purchase of a weekday field pass and push on to Diamond.
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    edited July 2019
    deleted stupid dbl post
  • titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I didn't have anywhere near those resources and made out fine. Your journey to diamond should be really easy. Some advice: Only level a few guys to plat (including 2 pitchers) and save majority of that xp for when you go diamond. That way you can take a couple weekend rewards to d10 right away. I usually only take WOH rewards and weekend box players to Diamond, its too expensive to do otherwise. 
  • titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I didn't have anywhere near those resources and made out fine. Your journey to diamond should be really easy. Some advice: Only level a few guys to plat (including 2 pitchers) and save majority of that xp for when you go diamond. That way you can take a couple weekend rewards to d10 right away. I usually only take WOH rewards and weekend box players to Diamond, its too expensive to do otherwise. 
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    I'm gold and plotting my move as well. Currently have 30k gold 1 million bxp 160k pxp 9 million in cash 1500 Evo and 900 bonus games  Planning on leaving most my primes behind for now. Know I'm ready it just that I only have about 5 hours of playing time on woh days.

Work swing shift so I can hammer bonus games late at night when nothing else is going on and hope to just push straight through to diamond. Yet I'm still nervous 
    I'm gold and plotting my move as well. Currently have 30k gold 1 million bxp 160k pxp 9 million in cash 1500 Evo and 900 bonus games  Planning on leaving most my primes behind for now. Know I'm ready it just that I only have about 5 hours of playing time on woh days.

Work swing shift so I can hammer bonus games late at night when nothing else is going on and hope to just push straight through to diamond. Yet I'm still nervous 

Not sure why that posted 3 times  please excuse me lol
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    IMO Platinum is no mans land.   I think if you want to jump out of gold, play is to go straight to diamond.   However if you like cycling walkoff hero its alot tougher now as the last 4 pitchers are diamond on monday and the last 7 diamond on wednesday.   I'd probably ignore primes for the time being and focus on leveling 4 BXP guys so you can clear on mondays easily still.  Wednesday will be tough for a week or two but eventually you will have a deep enough lineup to handle that.
    edited July 2019

edited July 2019

Mulderken said:
    happened to me too  :(
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah, agreed on Platinum being no mans land. Diamond is for people with a lot of free time or money. Platinum is for people with a lot of money.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Awesome stuff!  I'm going to push through to Diamond next week and see how it goes.  Any thoughts on pumping resources into POTMs?  If they come out next week at 400-410 max, its going to be tempting to make those my top players. 
    Awesome stuff!  I'm going to push through to Diamond next week and see how it goes.  Any thoughts on pumping resources into POTMs?  If they come out next week at 400-410 max, its going to be tempting to make those my top players. 
    I will be maxing a POTM, not a bad idea 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     I like this and am almost there myself. I will probably pm you in game to see how things are working out and for specifics. @SandlotGuru
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Sounds like most of u guys are in better shape than I was. 3 weeks later Ive cycled through diamond. I finally got a Monday off from work and I cycled 18 times starting with no D10 batters and ended the day with 4 D10 batters. No pitcher above G10 and won all of the playoffs the first time through. Don’t be scared just be ready to invest more time tappin. 
    Sounds like most of u guys are in better shape than I was. 3 weeks later Ive cycled through diamond. I finally got a Monday off from work and I cycled 18 times starting with no D10 batters and ended the day with 4 D10 batters. No pitcher above G10 and won all of the playoffs the first time through. Don’t be scared just be ready to invest more time tappin. 
    Sounds like most of u guys are in better shape than I was. 3 weeks later Ive cycled through diamond. I finally got a Monday offI cycled 18 times starting with no D10 batters and ended the day with 4 D10 batters. No pitcher above G10 and won all of the playoffs the first time through. Don’t be scared just be ready to invest more time tappin. 
    Mulderken said:
    happened to me too  :(
    Me too
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Wow! I'm surprised that better pitching isn't required to push through the playoffs - bring it on!  @dustyhunks - I plan to start my push next week and would be happy to share anything I learn.
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    I think I'm finally ready to take the plunge into Platinum (or Diamond?) but am super nervous and need some advice to make sure that I don't screw this up.  My team strength is about 105K and Gold has frankly gotten boring - I win about 99% of my season, bonus and prime games and usually by 10+ runs.

Resources: 27K gold, $4.0 million cash, 550K bxp, 70K pxp, 600 evo, 1,000 bonus games, 250 ice wraps.  Pitchers - one prime at G10 (Verlander).  Hitters - six primes at G10 (3 left, 3 right - Wolters, Ohtani, Devers, LeMahieu, Trout, Alonso).

I don't have enough pxp to level any primes to P10, so I plan to focus on just my key bxp guys.  I can afford to level two bxp hitters to D10 or around 10 bxp pitchers/hitters to P10.  

Sounds like we’re in almost the exact same place with resources and team.  I was planning to give it a go after we get the new POTMs as well.  I’ll be sad to be leaving my keepers and primes behind, but I need something new, plus I work during a lot of the event times so my playing time happens after hours a lot of times.  I’ll be following your post for info.  I already picked out my favorite bxp guys to take with me, but need to figure how far I’ll take each of them to start with.  I still haven’t decided the best day to make the move and the best way to go about it.  I like the idea of cycle capping a guy, but if I can only cycle 5 or 6 times in gold, what’s the best way?  Say we get the player from classic first cycle in gold, what’s the best way to take him to diamond?  What’s needed in platinum to cycle?  Can we cycle with one or two guys capped in platinum?  Should we go platinum first and get to those playoffs before we start the Monday cycle jump?
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Delete...user error
    I'm currently gold planning to push through to diamond asap my question is I currently have enough pxp to take 2 bat's to platinum 10, should I bother or just take all my bxp bat's and start saving my pxp? 
    I'm currently gold planning to push through to diamond asap my question is I currently have enough pxp to take 2 bat's to platinum 10, should I bother or just take all my bxp bat's and start saving my pxp
    I'm currently gold planning to push through to diamond asap my question is I currently have enough pxp to take 2 bat's to platinum 10, should I bother or just take all my bxp bat's and start saving my pxp