Jake Marisnick WOH 7/31/19

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    This week has been easier since the change, but my 400 Mazara is 0-2 at 5.10
  • Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Are the last 5 pitchers of Level 5 the same as last week (R R R L R)?

Anyone confirm this this is correct?
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Good to know @DFBB. It isn't even playable anymore. Maxed and stacked Wolters just tied the game on 4.6 on three consecutive fielder's choices, then grounded out on two-hoppers to the pitcher three consecutive times. I can't use the words I'd like to use to describe how this is all going down today, but I'm not playing this for a bum player next week, that's for sure. 
  • Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Nevermind I found the hitter chart in the other thread. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited July 2019
    @bayoubengal I'm gold and I simply cannot autoplay past 5.4.  Nothing but curve balls.  I finally got through 5.10, but I probably had to restart Level 5 30 times before I could even get to 5.8 without a video restart.  I ended up using the restart on 5.9 and probably needed 3 gold restarts on 5.10 before I beat it.

The first time on 5.10, I scored 4 straight runs with no outs with Devers, then got 9 curve balls in a row to send it to extra innings, where Devers apparently replaced his bat with a wet noodle.  Three restarts later, I finally broke through.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    5.9,5.10 held me up a bit. Their slow fastballs barley making it to 1st base after hitting them. After getting through, it’s not worth my time to cycle through again unless your a diamond guy for XP. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Very disappointing woh prize today completely unmotivated to play. And Astro Indians box is not good for either 😕 we need a bump 410 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I typically love walk-off hero, but today it's dead to me. I cycled once just to do it, but with this reward I don't even want to cycle for the resources. I'm not feeling the intense difficulty as others are reporting, I just have no motivation to do it. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have 4 wins, needed one gold restart, pulled almost the whole box and with Naquin as the 5k guy, I have 2 new starters but have no exp now such is life.  It’s been more annoying than anything if I get to 5.8 I’ve basically won but those middle rounds again have been somewhat stingy.
    I'm a little confused when I hear people mention 9 straight curveballs as in three outs. When I get two straight curveballs, I'll hit as many foul balls as I can waiting for that curve ball to go away. Half the time I strike out, and half the time the curveball goes away. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @retirepujols Yep, and sometimes I smack one of those curveballs into the bleachers. Don't see the point in just watching them go by for strikes.
    @JEDDDOGGY the homers off those curveballs may be the most satisfying aspect of the entire game 😂
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I find that I can get the occasional hit if I swing at the first curveball since it frequently an actual strike. After that, I have no chance. Haven’t tried fouling them off so I’ll give that a go, but I’m not sure how to even make contact with some of them. I never get a hit on the inside sliders and fastballs. I just weakly pop out. 
    I only swing at the last curve on a 3-2 count bc once in awhile they will walk me. Now even on a more rare occasion I’ve hit a curve ball fair or it’s popped up and the outfielder drops and errors. Those last two examples are as rare as bumping into a starter Pokemon in the wild from generation 1(for my generation of gamers).
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    If I've ever hit a curve fair, then I don't remember it.  It's always an out.  Most of the time I'm just trying to move a runner over.  One day I'll beat WoH Wednesday.  Is Mengden any easier than Price?  By the time I make it to 5.10 it'll no longer be him, it'll be someone else
    Just no.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    So quotes don't work now..??

@retirepujols It's not just a curveball, it's the curve on the "edge" of zone. Edge as in not in the actual strike zone, non-strike strikes. They're straight too but very, very rarely hits when you make even good contact. These are the pitches when hit the outfielders sprint triple speed to or infielders make diving grabs on. Do you guys not see this?
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Seriously screw you David Price... def not worth the prize this week.
    edited August 2019
    @dustyhunks I can't quote either 🤷🏻‍♂️ I see that, but I'll be damned if it happens for three consecutive at bats. If I have no outs and I strike out on all curveballs, and the next at bat I get a curveball to start off, I'm swinging at the second curveball for a foul ball. Usually when I do that the pitch stays the same a few times (continuous foul ball action) then the pitcher will change it to either a different curve, a fastball, a slider, something. Whether I hit that one or not doesn't matter, because more often than not after that switch I get fastballs again for the next at bat. Either way, getting caught looking 3 times in a row will never be successful.
    @FrankTheTank04 Mengden is just as bad as Price with the slow fast balls. I always let the 1st one go and go for the 2nd most the time it’s speeds up. 
    Got it to 4-3 with the bases loaded and two outs on 5.10. You know the rest. If the guy was worth getting, I could beat it with a little gold. 
    Thinking about more, it was probably worth the 80 gold to get the opportunity to cycle it again. Probably should have paid it. 
    edited August 2019
    @retirepujols You're naming pitches like they are just those pitches but it's not like that. Each pitch is 3 pitches. Middle, inside or outside. Inside and outside though called strikes are not easy to hit even as foul balls. More so for breaking pitches. I can tell by location of pitch whether I stand a chance at getting a hit. There are times where the game helps you along but there are also times where it's clear you are not advancing. I had a restart today with Arrieta at 5.8 that was 9 pitches that were unhittable whether straight or not. Everything on the edges. I could use one more prime lefty for Royale and use All-Star Arenado at 5.8 for now so start the round with no active skills, only ever having RISP active at times. If I can't advance without restarting I'm toast and the game makes this known with those pitches.
    FWIW, I'm in middle of live boost and played starting at 5.4 with a single vid boost for 5.9. Odd enough that was where I used my restart but made it to 5.10 and ultimately cycled a second time. I did have to hit some of those middle breaking pitches though for sure. I only saw 1 sequence per round that was those edge strikes.

One other thing I just remembered. Often if you get a 2-seam fastball down the middle you will see 2-seamers inside and out for the next 2 pitches. Rarely have I seen another type of pitch afterwards or  (even better) another 2-seamer down the middle in same AB.
    @dustyhunks then no, no I don't see that. I've never once had a situation where I wasn't given at least one opportunity to hit the ball, honestly. Ive had the middle/outside/inside curve sequence plenty of times, and when I see it I make sure to foul the second pitch (usually middle) because the third pitch is typically inside (for me) and that's just going to be a pop-up. About half of the time when I foul the second middle curve, the next pitch is another middle curve rather than the inside curve. This repeats until I either strike out or receive a different pitch. The only time I personally get nothing but completely untouchable balls is after I've wasted an opportunity at a beautiful fastball. 
    @UltimateWarrior Ah gotcha.  Also anyone, is live boost just a sham??  It feels like it could be its own infomercial.  Santana vs. Buehler before live boost:  0 losses.  0-3 now after live boost.  Maybe it's more for prime and bonus games, I dunno.  Maybe it's just me.  Maybe it's maybell... nah!
    Just no.  
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The live boost curse got me on Monday. I cycled classic 5 times before the live boost. After the live boost kicked in, I only made it through once. It was almost like it was working the opposite way than it should have.
    @FrankTheTank04 In 5.4 the 3bman makes some plays on balls that are normally doubled down the line if hit hard enough resulting in quite a few double plays. This feels like a trap Glu randomly throws in there to try to get us to play the rounds instead of autoplaying all the way through lvl 5. I have next to no trouble getting passed 5.4 with Leadoff Choo when I play manually anymore. Same goes for 5.5 thru 5.7.
    @dustyhunks I really wanted that Choo.  Ha the 3bman actually did that in the last one, but then I got the win.  5.5, 5.6 and 5.8 seem easy, I just swing at their fast stuff with whoever, righty or lefty.  5.7 I win some, I lose some.  5.9 I lose some, I win... wait, no it's just lose.  I just don't have enough lefties.  
    Just no.  
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Stuck at 5.10
    live boost and 80g boost 
    maxed out Boggs
    gave up after fourth try
    Screw you glu and your crappy reward and boosted pitcher
    im done with u. 
    So I finally beat it.  Fiers sucks.  Glu must've been on my side today ish.  Mengden threw me one slow pitch, the rest were the faster ones down the middle.  Only used video boost.
    Just no.