Options

Gold to Platinum (woh)

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
I've seen a lot of discussion about woh being more difficult when jumping from gold to Platinum, and that it's wise to have a certain amount of resources to cap X amount of players right away. Malarkey! I made the jump without any rhyme or reason, and I'll tell you what.. WOH was easier yesterday. I've never cycled as many times before, and now half of my roster is capped at plat10. If you're thinking about jumping up a level, just do it 😁👍🏻
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Comments

• Options
    ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    edited June 2019
    I put 2 bats to plat 10 on a Monday and went around 15+ times, then immediately went diamond the next Monday. The pitchers are the same in diamond as they are in plat on Monday’s in classic. Nice job on the personal record! 
  • Options
    @Recliner I'm thinking about grinding away to hit diamond soon as well. I'm nowhere near close to having enough bonus games to do so, but I'm still hoping for the 4th of July/all Star break to make that jump! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    Ok. I just went to platinum with a goal of going diamond ASAP. Hopefully tomorrow goes well
  • Options
    @2003cobra Wednesdays have been tough for me anyways, but we shall see! I think I have something for that punk Sale now 😂
  • Options
    @2003cobra Wednesdays have been tough for me anyways, but we shall see! I think I have something for that punk Sale now 😂
    Who did u pick up
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    If WOH is what you’re worried about Wednesday’s are harder than Monday’s. None of Monday’s classic pitchers are capable of going to diamond, so I’d get there ASAP 
  • Options
    @2003cobra I was using Byron Buxton against Sale with very limited success. I picked up Ketel Marte and those double lhp skills which should help a lot vs that chump. 
  • Options
    TBWepaTBWepa Registered Users, Member 276 Posts
    I’m G10 right now with 3 mil cash and 150k BXP. No Prime players but 80k PXP. Yesterday during WoH I made it all the way to 6.9 Paxton only to get stuck and going 0-7 against him before I gave up. If I upgrade to platinum, would the ratings for WoH stay the same for the opposing pitchers or will they become harder? If I go platinum and upgrade 3 of my bats to P10 plus complete hitting upgrades, would it be easier to get past 6.9 and 6.10?
  • Options
    @TBWepa according to almost everyone, it would be more difficult. Perhaps my experience is the outlier here 🤷🏻‍♂️ also, the pitchers you face also move up to platinum 👍🏻 having said that, you have more resources saved than I did. I just jumped up on a drunken whim, and so far so good outside of season mode (I don't care if I lose every season mode game, just let me autoplay them away for little rewards here and there).
  • Options
    It sounds like classic woh might be easier but I will find out tomorrow. DTI will have to wait. 
  • Options
    Pujols you are probably correct. You should spank that sissy and send him back to Boston with his tail between his legs
  • Options
    That would be quite enjoyable 😂
  • Options
    What a great weekend for Albert. The fans were incredible 
  • Options
    They were, that was super cool. I was really glad he got to homer in the lou one more time, I just wish my boys pulled out more than one win. After that series, it would have been a great time for the machine to RETIRE! The cost to upkeep the machine is too high, and he barely works anymore 😭
  • Options
    Time to build around trout and get a ring
  • Options
    The rally monkey lost his powers 😏
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I've seen a lot of discussion about woh being more difficult when jumping from gold to Platinum, and that it's wise to have a certain amount of resources to cap X amount of players right away. Malarkey! I made the jump without any rhyme or reason, and I'll tell you what.. WOH was easier yesterday. I've never cycled as many times before, and now half of one my roster is capped at plat10. If you're thinking about jumping up a level, just do it 😁👍🏻
    Malarkey!   LOL
  • Options
    Update- yesterday's WOH was actually easier than Monday's somehow. I also had the ever-so-satisfying pleasure of wooping Chris Sale's behind over and over again 😩🙌🏻 making the jump to platinum has definitely been great, not the sh🤬tshow so many made it out to be. 
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I would be careful calling it easier. You were just better prepared with solid matchups. You still need to make it happen when you get those good pitches and that isn't always the easiest thing to do. The velo drop from Vasquez to Sale I think is #2 on list of reasons why people get spanked at 5.9. Fouling 3 straight fastballs off kills your chances to get those pitches again later in the round.
  • Options
    Experiences may vary* lol. @dustyhunks the matchups and preparedness was definitely a large part of it. Sale was throwing almost nothing but fire for me yesterday, homer after homer. I was so happy watching him put his face in his glove. I hate that guy (game guy, not real guy).
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I used malarkey in a sentence today with a co worker.......not well received......looked at me that way you would at someone who says things like.........well, like malarkey......  LOL

i decided a couple weeks ago I was going to go diamond.  Went platinum in the middle of Royale today with no real resources (140k bxp, 2m cash, stupid amount of evo - not hurting there ;)  ).   Had one player plat 7, one plat 8, one plat 5 and one plat 4.   Was able to cycle with that....harder than gold with everything maxed, primes and keeper too.....no resources for primes and keeper so it was just those 4 and gold players.  Tried a few bonus games just now and won 80-85% with only evo gold upgrades two two pitchers to P 1.  Monday has been easier so I’ll build up with cvc today and on the weekend and should be in good shape come WOH.  
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @retirepujols Just found this thread.  Did you have enough to move 2 batters to P10 when you made the jump??  If so that will probably be my next move.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    oh well gonna do it today.  I am sitting at gold VI so.  will only be able to bring 1 L and 1 R to platinum almost maxed out.  will let you guys know how I do
  • Options

well like the rewards 
  • Options
    @bayoubengal I'm pretty sure @retirepujols made the jump when WOH was still ridiculously easy for those who went plat/diamond early on. The highest pitchers then were plat 1 (around 145 rating) in both diamond and plat. I think you should still be fine on Monday going through classic but might be a little struggle since the difficulty has been raised. 
  • Options
    What @Recliner said. I also don't remember the specifics, but it looks like I said half of my roster was capped after 1 Monday walk-off hero. I must have had a fair amount of resources, but I may have also taken that day off to make sure I could cycle a good amount of times. My memory is no bueno, amigo. Sorry
  • Options
    Update - bonus games moving to platinum with no P players all bxp g10 and 1 g10 pxp was successful.  However, do not try to do season mode. YIKES!!!! unless you level players.  As per @retirepujols mentioned above.
  • Options
    Nice @bayoubengal I'm glad it's working out so far 😁 btw, 4 of my relievers are still g10 and my closer is p10 for the off chance he's used. My ace is d10, and I have 3 p10 starting pitchers (one d1 potm that's about to be gone). You can definitely get by without paying much attention to pitching 😉
  • Options
    @retirepujols I will probably hold off on Season mode for now until I get some guys leveled.  Also, I will wait to see who is WOH prize for classic on Monday before doing so.  That way I can bring 2 top hitters to 10 as well.
  • Options
    @bayoubengal I would suggest still playing season mode games as you slowly stack up pennants but on mon/wed if you're playing WOH switch teams to get a live boost when possible. It makes it go by a little quicker