Trash

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @Bigpredfan that's what I mean, some guys could essentially play for a week when a bump is introduced and then take a month or two off. It's cool for the guys slowly building, I suppose, but I don't know. I'm just not feeling it. It feels like I'm watching the Lord of the rings without any battle scenes, it's just Frodo being a little B and walking for days on end. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I'm not trying to rain on people's parade, by the way. I'm sure there's plenty of people that are actively chasing a guy right now. I'm just holding an umbrella at my own parade of misery and boredom over here 😂
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    for me a free player I don't see anyone in there that I need (want to spend the xp) right now either
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Even the 10k fan reward Kole Calhoun is a slightly less impressive version of Eaton from last Wednesdays WOH with double late innings rather than double rhp (worse for non-woh game modes). 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Maybe you should retire, @retirepujols...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I agree they are trash I don’t understand how we are still sitting at 400. 🤨 But..  I dropped 20k because I’m bored I like opening boxes and I can make most of that up ‘this weekend. I pulled  d’arnaud x4 🤢 and Goodwin x4. They have got fix these multiple pulls. A few weeks ago when chavis was a prime player in weekend box I pulled him x8. Opening that many boxes is always regretful I think my days of doing that are done. Idk at this point I feel like I could take a  2 months off and it wouldn’t matter lol 
    X4 🤢
    I think so @fahhq2
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited August 2019
    o
  • UltimateJacketsUltimateJackets Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    What are the skills for Fan Rewards Mookie Betts?
    I was going to use gold to level up players to p1 but nevermind that its crap
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @UltimateJackets Late innings and man on base.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @retirepujols I found Frodo to be super annoying too! lol
    or now thinking about it should I do it and get rewarded with potential bxp from boxes rather than wait until Monday????
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    The only roster improvement here for me is the prime catcher, but he's 390 and we have been at 350/400 for so long I don't dare level him up. Let alone how much gold I'd spend if I wanted to chase him...

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I agree with @Bigpredfan, going by the cost and the players available in the boxes along with the obvious stagnation of the max levels, the game is more or less flattening the input to stabilize the economy a bit. I'm doing my part to show them I'll spend gold if I have it to encourage them to have double gold as often as they have recently, but I basically just wasted 2500 gold for 8 boxes (three free) that gave me nothing more than two players who are terminally flawed (both specialty, one a hitter with a blowout skill, the other a pitcher with double prime game bonus). 

Not to extend a rant on the quality of the players offered, though...my main issue is more in the fact rewarding us with these kinds of players only encourages us to screw the club concept. If my only reward for leveling a bonus player is 200k per strikeout, there is really no way to come close to replenishing or gaining on the resources I put into leveling him. The time it took me to write this sentence is worth more than the club progress rewards, and you need a helluva lot more than Charlie "Giz Rag" Morton to even sniff a top 25 finish. And that's 1k pxp. I'll take it, but that's more like the Participation Trophy reward. 
  • Tilted99Tilted99 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Was only going to spend 2.5k this weekend, got Goodwin first box, then got Olsen and Xander b2b from free boxes. Really wanted that Olsen so happy about that! 
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    @Tilted99 That's awesome...I spent the 2.5k for you and got Xander and thats it. ;)
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @ScaryTerry did it replace the prime Xander from THREE WEEKS AGO? 
    We’re also ignoring the fact that Puig plays for the Indians now....not the reds. 
    Nor does scooter lol 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Based on the 2.14 multiplier to Gold10 from B1. I think this Xander remains superior...
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    @JCAM80 definitely. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Here is how much this game has come to a halt. We didn’t even get any changes in the monthly team gifts. 

Man I wonder where that pity timer is 😕. Select boxes I know... but in all sincerity very disappointing they haven’t even used it yet. 
    Tho the consistent x8 gold is nice...score one for glu
    👍🏻
     My dilemma... what do u guys think? I already have Perez leveled. I have tons of pxp over 500k.
    ?? 😕
    Perez skills a little better I think
  • Tilted99Tilted99 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Depends on if you're in a club battling for first or even 2nd imo, if not hard to level another catcher with a worse skill imo. 
    Yeah I agree as much as I want to level him and play this weekend it just doesn’t make sense to. Plus there is no real reward tier progress is awful. Never understood why tier progress is better through the week vs “main event”. 
    One man's trash(or turd) is another man's Number uno!!! 😍