Pitcher - Gerrit Cole 1.85 era 4-0 rec 51 k 34 ip
Reliever - Ian Kennedy 3.48 era 9 sv 12 k 10 ip
Rookie - Ramon Laureano* .392 avg 8 hr 18 rbi

National League
Batter - Paul Goldschmidt .289 avg 10 hr 26 rbi
Pitcher - Stephen Strasburg 1.14 era 5-0 rec 44 k 32 ip 
Reliever - Sean Doolittle 1.80 era 5 sv 2-0 rec 14 k 10 ip
Rookie - Keston Hiura .372 avg 6 hr 18 rbi

*unsure if Laureano qualifies as a Rookie since he had 156 at bats last season. 

Also, when do current POTM lose their boost?
Prev13

Comments

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Hitters I'll say Gurriel, Jose Ramirez or Devers for sure for AL and maybe Acuna, Hiura or Suarez for NL
    Just no.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Anyone know when these are officially released?

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Today tomorrow????
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY Usually, they're announced as early as the 2nd day of the month. If that happens, we could see the boxes pop tomorrow. Also, I think your calls are spot on with the potm. The possible exception would be Goldy because the voters love batting average. It would be stupid, but it wouldn't shock me if Yelich won potm. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @DFBB Goldschmidt finished the month hitting .308 with 11 HR 27 RBI to Yelich's .352 with 7 HR 18 RBI so that batting average is a bit closer than it was 2 days ago. I am thinking it'll be Goldschmidt, which is too bad because I was hoping for some lefties.
    I agree with you totally. It's just that man, it's just dumb how they value BA so much. I still can't believe Frazier won potw over Bell a few weeks ago.
  • titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts

Where would one check periodically to see when POTMs are released? Does MLB just post them on Twitter as the official announcement?
  • shewantsmeshewantsme Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Think will be official on Tuesday
    @shewantsme Oh wow, didn't realize they waited that long. Guess I never paid attention. I have two POTM that are key guys for me in WOH (Alonso, Blackmon) and wondering when they'll lose their boosts.
  • shewantsmeshewantsme Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Yeah I have Alonso as well he very nice
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    i guess since they arent announced yet, its at least until monday
    Man, that stinks. I'm going to be down two of my top guys for WOH on Monday if they lose their boost before the next iteration becomes available.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I need another Bogaerts 😂 C’mon POTM!  
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    What do they get reduced down to after the boost is gone? I have a PotM Alonso and a PoTW goldschmidt, just trying to figure out what I’m going to have come next week with them for max
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    The potw boxes description saw when and what their max will be after the week
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I expect them to use potm as bonus players more often this month since they did not give any in vip gift. 
    edited August 2019
    Cole/Stras are the SPs; Goldy/Yuli are the bats; Alvarez/Hiura are the rookies; Lugo/Kahnle are the relievers.
    So no lefties. Not helpful lol. Guess it will save me gold from chasing a bat when the box comes out!
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY

Sorry to ruin your gold saving plan, but if Alvarez is one of them, he’s a lefty 🤭
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Yep.  It's a shame they don't recycle like potw, I have him and Cole from June...
    Bah haha I even looked him up to see if he was L or R, only explanation is maybe I glanced too quick and saw throwing arm (he throws R).

Hope his skills suck so I don’t want him 😂
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    He was prime games and rhp in June, so there's hope...
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Gurriel and Goldschmidt 
    We should get these boxes today I think. And then the current ones boost expires sometime today or tomorrow if I'm not mistaken?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think they lose their boost as soon as the new box hits the store
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I can't wait to dump all of my benchwarmers, I need some new faces down there.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I know this is POTM talk, but no need to start a POTW for this. Does anyone have Goldy from a couple weeks ago? Mine is randomly lit green as Noah and Vlad are. Just weird.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Any advice on how far to upgrade POTMs?   If they drop at 400+ its going to be tempting to empty my gold vault  because they seem like a rental of an easy to upgrade prime player.  I may wait until tomorrow's fan rewards to spend any gold on them, but would it be wise to take a few of them with me through Platinum? 
    @SandlotGuru Personally, I love POTM. To me, they're essentially primes that use regular xp. People don't like them because they lose their boost after 1 month, but they have pretty much the same shelf life as any other player (just for different reasons).