WOH HOF Cookbook

2Next

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    So it’s not “official” just a CS response, right?
    I guess its not official unless its in a press release  For me the cs response, the skills not being highlighted, and the rating number not being boosted lead me to ignore the skills (just for pitchers in WOH, skills seem to always "work" for hitters)
    Yea this should be the case for the most part.  I think this is what led to the birth of #skillsgate lol
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Last year cs told me skills were at 20/20... smh
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @8ball02 this?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • zsmiller23zsmiller23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Should I be able to heat HoF with this lineup?
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    It's not the lineup that is the problem, it's that you are silver, @zsmiller23.  I think you can still beat HOF but it will be a chore. 
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    HOF has been super hard for me today.. here’s my lineup. I’ll wait for the live boost. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    If you are struggling with that lineup, I’d have no chance. Was planing to give it a go. 
  • Tilted99Tilted99 Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I have also never cycled HOF, but was waiting on the boost at 7 to try. Do you guys think I have a chance ? 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    @Tilted99, you have a good roster, but you are short on lefties.  My guess is you can cycle HOF but you may have to pay to re-use Olson a few times.  It will get pricy. 
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    yall have no idea how excited I am right now Seriously thanks for yalls help
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    HOF isn’t worth the time or Cost. Imo. I just get the classic and get him to s10 or mind gold and get the points that day. A lot of times he isn’t a bonus the next day but sometimes is he, always really low pt multipler tho. HOF simply isn’t fun or worth the time or gold.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    That disagree in from me. HOF is what made WOH great again.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I am with you 100% @dkarski87.  The classic reward is only relevant for club points, in my case.  Not enough incentive to put any time into that anymore. 

My roster is such that the Hof player is not always useful long-term, but at least it is still challenging, to some degree.  And it is a huge boost, if club points is what you are after, anyway.
    I just went diamond so I was stuck doing classic to rebuild bxp. Once I am ready I will be doing what @DFBB does,  cycle capping HOF on Monday, wont be easy but that's what makes it fun for guys who are bored with  normal woh.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited August 2019
    My biggest problem is that Monday is the day that I have the least time available.  I haven't tried to cycle cap, even though I know my roster is good enough.

Hell, I only got through 1.1 yesterday, just so I could be on the board with club points...

Edit: And I had to do that, while driving, in a thunderstorm.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Tilted99 I think you'll be just fine in HoF. On level 6, I'd go:

6.10- altuve; 6.9-Olsen; 6.8-blackman potm; 6.7-bogaerts; 6.6-acuna; 6.5 and below is pretty easy

If your skills for the players above are leveled to at least 8/8, it shouldn't be bad at all for you.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @dkarski87 How much bxp did you make the jump with? Are you bringing bxp guys only to diamond? Capping? Was it from gold or plat? So many questions arrrrrrgggghhhh
    @dustyhunks he went from gold straight to diamond with an absurd amount of resources. I'm jealous that he had the resources he did smh. 
    I was gold and capped for almost 4 months, so my resources stacked up nicely. Had about 4.5m bxp, 1m pxp and 50m cash. I capped only weekend players with 50% discount and that's my team for now. Worked out pretty well as I got a good mix of lefty and righty 350s and 2 primes capped at d10. Olson and Xander.
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    All those resources and @dkarski87 still had to be pushed into the water. LOL
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    btw, @DFBB gave me some great tips for the move up. PM him if you wanna move up. ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I heard @DFBB got all his advice from @rmouse511. All questions should be forwarded to him 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts