Community Moderator

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
edited August 2019 in Suggestions and Feedback
I suggest @DFBB be a community moderator for tsb19. 

Community Moderators are volunteers from the community and do not work for Glu. They are Glu games players who have shown themselves to be valuable contributors for multiple games and topics. Interested in being a Community Moderator for your favorite Glu game? Let us know within your favorite game community's Suggestion board! We recommend you have a strong track record of contributing responses and help to other players.

I found that gem and @DFBB more than fits the mold. Make this forum great 🙏🏼

Edit: I would also be interested in this, but I doubt I would be wanted. I'm sure DFBB would fit the "positive attitude, clean cut, good guy" requirements. 😁

Double edit: disregard my interest, that's been lost.
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
Prev1

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    SECOND
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Absolutely have my support as well.
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Absolutely agree @DFBB is perfect fit for community Moderator positive attitude, always answers questions professionally accurately deserves it.  
    But also @retirepujols would be great as well ALWAYS active on the forum always helpful knows the in’s and outs of the game and...... most importantly entertaining 😉👍🏻
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I vote @DFBB
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• zsmiller23zsmiller23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I agree
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Nope!!  I want @Houmy !!!!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • effschmoo2effschmoo2 Registered Users, Member 184 Posts
    DFBB/Houmy 2020! Make TSB ok’ish again!
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    1 - @DFBB IS A BOT (ask @Bigpredfan)

2 - @dfbb DOES work for GLU (as a bot released by @bigpredfan on behalf of GLU)

3 - He has my vote as well

4 - Love ya @dkarski82 but I am scaling back my involvement on both the forum & the app as I am not feeling the game this year and will spend that $$$ on my poker tournaments instead
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
    I would have to disagree. Read his comment on a thread from a guy that had only posted 6 times. I found it rather offensive. I’m probably gonna get roasted by you guys but that’s ok. Not everyone is a “big dog” and all are entitled to post. A moderator should do just that, moderate! In fact they should never make belittling comments! If they don’t like a post and it’s inappropriate then pull it down. Sorry but the forum isn’t just for the TSB gods. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @Justbowhunt who are you talking about? If it's dfbb, I would love to know which thread you're talking about because that does not sound like him at all.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    DFBB2,829 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Brutal. This thread reminds me of when I was a kid and saw on the news that pro wrestling is fake. 
     Quote  1Disagree  Agree  1Like 

The guys was was talking about opening boxes. It was obvious, or at least in my opinion, that he didn’t think the topic was worth discussion. Probably because it’s been talked about so much. I’m not trashing anyone. Just saying that a moderator can’t do things like that. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I read that thread at the time and it never crossed my mind that post was in any way out of line. It’s America 2019 so I realize that we look for things to be offended by, but I just don’t see that one. Furthermore, we are arguing about a position that doesn’t exist and likely never will. Let’s move on. 
    well @Justbowhunt when you go to the TSB users forum in San Fran, Id bring that up, we simply cannot have people being sarcastic or snarky on the forums, that would just be brutal...
     Like when I was a kid and saw on the news that pro wrestling is fake :(

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @justbowhunt So you took @DFBB comment as being offensive.  The guy with the 6 post is more experienced in game than you if you continue on down to his next post after DFBB.  I believe he was joking on the thread about "is there another way".  And @DFBB was just saying that his odds (the OP) was brutal in his own luck.

here is the thread if you would like to re-read.  

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/comment/6725267#Comment_6725267

First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Lol!! Boy I call that one!! I should be a pro fisherman! You guys bit on that with one cast.  I think you guys are hilarious!! Every person is different and have an opinion of their own. Mine saw it as offensive. I did read the entire post and don’t need a refresher. I said before I wasn’t trash talking anyone and that you guys would roast me over it. 😂 But as I said before I took it the way it read to me. It’s cool. All you big dogs can run along now. 
    edited August 2019
    I actually think he was referring to black fang and I saying the box shakes dont change the outcome. I'm fairly certain he was 😁 seems like just a misunderstanding  @Justbowhunt, and he made a joke that hearing ithe shakes don't change anything is similar to "learning" wrestling is fake.
    @blueleopard time for the Glubot to look at someone drunk posting on the forums......

I found it more sad knowing that Pro Wrestling is fake. Offensive no. Childhood Deflating? yes

@CanadaCubs it seems like he took dfbb's comment to be picking on the OP, but that's definitely not dfbb's style. He'll just ignore someone rather than banter with them.
    Not that I think about it, DFBB told me unicorns aren’t real. I’ve changed my mind. He should not be the moderator. 
    @Base15 the position DOES exist, I copied part of the GLU message in the OP. Will it ever happen? Probably not, unfortunately.  
    Ok. I showed my ignorance which I really try not to do. I like to keep that to myself. My apologies. 
    @retirepujols I can see that for sure. I think it’s crazy though how someone like me, relatively new to TSB forum can’t express or explain their thoughts without getting jumped. I have the right to read the forums, play the game, voice my opinion, and be a part of what I choose. I have never said anything bad about anyone on here. Have no reason to. I read it and took it the way it came to me. But heck I never said anything till your post about moderators. It’s ok though I’ll keep this as a reminder. 
    @justbowhunt Bear in mind we weren't so much as roasting you as we were trying to decipher what was offensive, if you'll notice 87.6345% of the stuff I post is snark, sarcastic, alot stupid, and sometimes misinformed, so by that Math @dfbb should be the technical OWNER of glu and the rest of us should be worshipping a bronze statue of him in San Francisco Bay with a cape on.

@Justbowhunt I apologize if I came across as aggressive. 
    @Justbowhunt yes, you definitely got jumped a bit 😂 I think that's mainly just because the people that responded to you know that he doesn't reply to people with foul intentions. Often times, he's the only one with a positive attitude around here lol
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I tried to ignore this thread, but my limit of mentions was reached so here I am. Ty @retirepujols and everyone else for the vote of confidence. As far as the comment in question is concerned, it's obvious that not everyone has the same sense of humor and well, that's not such a bad thing. 
    Also, @matt_sackett, in this make believe scenario of yours, can I at least get silver? 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    It feels like the forum is similar to the old wives tale of "Bloody Marry."  If you say @DFBB three times or more in the forum he will be summoned to respond.  Just the friendly version of course 
    @dfbb I talked to the sculpter and he has agreed to move your statue to platinum, however it will cost you 1000 Gold and 200 Evo since you're a legend n all..

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I'll think about it.