What am I doing wrong?

tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
So I cycled earlier already today. It cost me 3 restarts on the last dude. And I don't really wanna talk about it. Anyway. I go to play level 1 again. And I lost on the 3rd guy. Didnt think anything of it. Go again. Lose to the 5th guy. Wtf. Go again lose to the 9th guy. Than restart lose to the 4th guy than i lost 1 more time before beating it. I know my team isnt good. But jeez of pete. Losing that much to bronze 1 pitchers is ridiculous. Get thru level 2 no hitches. Now level 3 I've lost basically the same pattern. I am autoplaying. And this early in WOH. there isnt really any "matchups".so is the difficulty enhanced or do I just suck now.
Prev1

Comments

• tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    You’re diamond with 4 diamond bats that aren’t capped. 
    @Haraycaray. I totally understand that. But I'm talking about level 1 with wandy peralta at 33 overall. I blow through level 5 up til the Japanese dude with no boosts. So idk. I hadn't lost that much on autoplay that low since the game started
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    The answer to the question for the post title is this

you are playing this game 
    @Bigpredfan. I know that's right. Yet here I am hour after hour day after day. And to make matters worse my team blows haha. 
  • Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I have already beat it once today but I am struggling to cycle with this team
    @Linco32. Yeah it tough when u dont have both skills active. I was using my meadows twice for the 2 righties at the end. I wanna get my eaton up to help with that. I'm just always xp poor. I am going thru level 5 pretty easy but I cant seem to auto play so it's taking forever. 
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @Linco32 you did see your mondesi's are different??  one is second base and one is shortstop??
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @tribeguy2147 Eaton has been an absolute monster for me.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    The game doesn't seem inclined to let you just autoplay through the whole thing. Every level of player has a chance to beat you. If you lose on autoplay once, chalk it up as the cost of autoplaying. If you lose a second time, you probably are just gonna have to play manually (which is where I think the real attributes/advantages are implemented). 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
     @Bigpredfan Truer words were never spoken.

Not that I am quoting you. Cause who would want a completely useful function like that in their forum software. Definitely not an internationally traded mobile gaming company, that's for sure.
    Wait, did we hit a quote quota? This is almost getting meta...
    Quick someone reset their quote identifier and see if that works 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah autoplay is not a guarantee no matter how much better your hitters are. I have guys who are rated close to 600 with skills active + live boost and will occasionally lose to 33 rated Wandy Peralta in level 1 at least once a day.
    @JEDDDOGGY. That would suck. I'd be mad forsure. Well thanks for the input guys. I did cycle 5 times yesterday but it took forever cause I basically had to manually play. @retirepujols he is my next guy to work on. I'm not able to cycle cap so I'm always a couple weeks(or months) behind u monster players lol. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Sometimes, you can spot patterns. For whatever reason, sims nerf our bats. Certain rounds are less consistent than others. As a result, here's how I sim versus these potential landmines:

1.6=my best bat vs rightys
    2.6=my best bat vs rightys
    3.6=my best bat vs rightys
    3.7=2nd best bat vs leftys
    4.4=my 3rd best bat vs leftys
    4.6=my best bat vs rightys
    4.7=my 2nd best bat vs rightys

Among the ones I listed, 4.7 usually gets me at least one L per event. It's annoying as heck, but overall, that strategy has worked rather well for me. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    2.6 is my nemesis. No clue why, but it gets me normally once an event. 3.7 also a common one for me 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    If you guys need tips for WOH, PM @retirepujols. He was helped me tremendously cycle woh since day 1 of 2019. He made me the cycler I am today, please! PM him and ask for tips. He will make you a superstar.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited August 2019
    If you need help getting ladies to PM you, ask @retirepujols how he gets those all the time. He got a lady to PM me one time.  
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Pee standing up?
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

Just throw on a pair of depends, you won't even have to get up.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    People aren't lying. I hated WOH. @RetirePujols joined the club I'm in and taught us pointers and tips. This was about a month ago. I cycled (Classic, Gold Level) 12 times yesterday and completed my first cycle cap. It felt marvelous to achieve that, even though I had to find ways to keep myself awake until midnight. 😂😂 Finished my 12th cycle 10 minutes before the event ended. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @retirepujols taught me how to read...then he taught me how to best optimize my lineup for woh. All those words I now understand, and that growing pile of generally useless 350-max players I have are because of him. 
    Are you guys done? 😂
    edited August 2019
    Also, @retirepujols taught me....

1. patience. How to tread water until you have a 2nd team
    2. Don’t drink and tap.  Self explanatory. 
    3. Don’t tell others about “free” gifts that aren’t there for everyone- see number 2
    😂😂😂😂 I totally forgot about #3 @Bigpredfan
    @DFBB I think I may have found some more true words and in the same thread!

1.6..I stopped altogether avoiding what was going on. Prime Meadows all day. 2.6 same. I have the luxury of still using ML so he gets Triggs at 3.6. HoF Edgar is in charge of Elias at 3.7. Banda can kick rocks at 4.4. Him, Floro at 4.5 and Shawn frickin Armstrong at 4.7...nothing boils the blood more (Comeback Pence, Leadoff Choo and Prime Meadows respectively). ML handles Baez at 4.6 these days. Mondays and Wednesdays it's gravy level 1-4 but only because I stopped pulling punches and used the bats I had.

I've also found that drinking and tapping is acceptable on boring days like Tuesdays, I have zero interest in buying anything as I'm just focused on bonus games 😁
    Dude, you may need to see a doctor about your face 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    That is a pretty sweet set of chompers there, though...