World Series

Ok guys. I’m curious to see who you all think is going to win the World Series this year?

Comments

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    I can say without a doubt, not my Royals. I think if the Twins can stay as hot as they have been they have a chance to make it to the ALCS but eventually and sadly will lose to the Yankees. I don't care or pay attention to the National league at all so. Meh..
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Dodgers 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Probably the Dodgers. I'm eternally pulling for the Braves, but they just don't have the pitching. 
  • JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
    Braves doing some trading to hopefully help their pitching. 
    Astros Sure did.

• adawg911adawg911 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Glad to see someone else is a Royals fan, I live in KC and am a diehard fan, I think what the Stros did at the deadline has to make them the Favorite in the American League, I think the Braves may have done enough to challenge the Dodgers in the national league now, or at least I hope so! 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I don’t think the Braves are quite ready to challenge the Dodgers yet...it’s often a progressive thing, so the Braves should get their feet wet in the NLCS this year and then REALLY challenge next year.  Similar to the Dodgers losing to the Cubs in 2016 NLCS, then beating them in the rematch in 2017...Astros look damn tough again...I can only hope they get beat up and tired going through the tougher AL postseason teams.

In the end, it really comes down to what team gets the clutch hits and outs in October...hopeful it’s finally the Dodgers this year 🤞
  • carlson28carlson28 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Looking like the Astros made the moves to pull it for the AL. For the NL unfortunately think the Braves
    Braves Bullpen gave up a massive bomb to Miguel Sano last night
    https://www.mlb.com/twins/video/miguel-sano-homers-19-on-a-fly-ball-to-center-field-luis-arraez-scores

Acuna just started jogging to the dugout...that is the textbook definition of a no doubter

• THEGOGOHALLTHEGOGOHALL Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I don’t think anyone can beat the Dodgers in the National League. With the Astros adding Grienke, it seems like they would be the team to beat in the American League. Yankees and Twins just don’t have the pitching to combat that rotation. If you can roll out Grienke, Cole and Verlander for a playoff series, that’s tough. 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I was a Royals fan back in the 80s after we moved from Georgia to Missouri. George Brett and his pine tar is my all time favorite player. However, as a young kid in early 80s Columbus Georgia, I was all about Murphy and Horner. Lol. Started back with the Braves a couple years before the streak began, when we moved to Mississippi. Second all time favorite is Chipper.  

I'm hoping Atlanta gets really hot down the stretch. If nothing else it should be a fun post season. 
  • JustbowhuntJustbowhunt Registered Users 83 Posts
    You and me both. 
  • 2430Blue2430Blue Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Cincinnati is playing really good right now but I really just root for the national league teams. Reds, Braves or Cubs are the teams I like this year. 
  • 2430Blue2430Blue Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Astros is a no cause the Yankees are playing really good right now
  • byramorazorbacksbyramorazorbacks Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Dale murphy...was my hero. Plus horner and i liked Chambliss when he was there
    byramhatchets
  • byramorazorbacksbyramorazorbacks Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    But on the real....id say astros....to much everything
    byramhatchets