Royale WoH

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    With some players of the month dropping to 370 after the month is over, I believe bxp players are still receiving a bump soon
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    *soooooooon, as in...end of month is pretty soon, right? Relatively speaking compared to end of next month?!? :|
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    I hope in today’s mystery boxes 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    I guess I really meant "at some point" 😂 not soon
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Last year the blue XP guys were only 375 max even at the very tail end of things when they had 525+ primes and legends. So I agree with @Bigpredfan that we aren't going to see them continue to climb with the primes/legends. Of course, there will likely be some specialty blue XP players along the way like Yelich, Harper and so on like last season. But that won't be the norm.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    If we're making a "wants" list, @Bigpredfan, I certainly have a few additions. I'm not at all opposing the idea of a reward commensurate with the difficulty. But I think what we're going to find is the difficulty will decrease a little along with the reward. It's just my $0.02 and my experience, but last week was a few steps harder than it had been on Wednesdays. To me, that's less an issue of effort/reward, and more of motivation to push players into other Royale contests. None of us can speak to the global numbers of who's playing what, but I bet we'll all agree it's fair to assume the large majority is playing woh (yes, I know some people didn't, but it seems like most did).

I'll be more convinced that's the standard moving forward if today is like that as well. But I am already convinced we've seen the best players we're going to see as rewards for the event. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    He is a 2B now. He’s a pretty good mid-round WOH lefty bat if you need one. Mid-rounds have people on base. 
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Linco32...I just wish they'd stop making it all but impossible without blowing gold. I get they gotta make money, but damn. 

I think woh is probably the event most grinders love. Hell, the only event I don't do for Royale is the one that was replaced, Derby.

Since those guys are good for only one thing, I don't waste anything on them.  If the cost was reduced, I'd play. Not how it is now tho. 
    edited August 2019
    Seriously he went from catcher to Second baseman?????

@ZaneJ78 got GLU'ed
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @bayoubengal That's where he should've been all along. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I’m actually glad they moved him to 2B. I just got Ramos this weekend and have him leveled to Plat. 10. 2B is my weakest guy with LaStella. Now I can get Goins and level him to Diamond 10.
    @DFBB just implying the change after @ZaneJ78 said he wanted a Catcher.  
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    @bayoubengal @dfbb He hasn't played second base all year.  He has played SS, 3B and 1 game at 1B.  I don't think the developers even watch baseball.
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    @bayoubengal I'll be alright lol.
    Need more Living Legends!
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    There were more than a few of the specialty blue players last season, enough of them that I was able to almost fill a diamond lineup with 475+ blue players.  With that said the baseline players hovered at 375ish.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Glad we have a useful position. Not like there weren't three 2B in one of the weekend boxes who are all as good as or better than this guy.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Hopefully it changes at event start, if not I’ll be playing slugfest again so I have another hitter I won’t be able to use when they give us a two hour window to play for gold while I’m at work.
  • woohoo77woohoo77 Registered Users, Member 300 Posts
    I'm out again.  So done with this.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY what?  They had 500+ blue XP players everywhere near the tail end of last year.  At least 525 max, maybe higher.  One of my keepers Hosmer was blue XP, I think he was 525.  My roster was loaded with blue XP players,  Blue XP Encarnacion was a 490, Machado was a 490.  Galvis 470.  Just to name a couple.  

I mean unless these are the speciality players you're referring to but they were everywhere.
    At least they didn’t raise difficulty again at least this week, I’ll cap him I won’t touch his skills until I decide whether I keep him or not.
    @Wicked0Wildcats Yep, those are the players I was referring to. They did do some divisional boxes with blue xp players that were 525 max at the very end of the year, I'd forgotten about those. But up until the very end there, it was 375 blue xp and then your primes and legends. Then you had like 2 players that were released on Thanksgiving (Harper, Yelich) that were blue xp and 500 max. But that was literally it up until the last couple weeks of 18 when they put out those divisional boxes.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Anyone know the last 4? Seems like it’s changed.
    They are the same, Fiers, Arrieta, Price, and Mendgen (RRLR) in fact all of level 5 is a righty sans 9
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    Wasn’t it Alvarado at 5.10 last week?  Either way it’s a righty at 5.10.
    edited August 2019
    @JEDDDOGGY In between Jed(no pun intended lol), there was the Nolan/Salvy at 480 bxp and several others in between. Then the BF bryce was 490, yelich was 500, etc, etc.
    @DFBB yeah, forgot about Arenado & S. Perez. Don't remember the several others in between though. I'm just saying, blue xp guys are not going to be near equivalents of primes & legends all season. They're starting to separate from the pack a bit just like last year. There will be some nice blue xp guys, but for the most part, it's all about primes/legends now.
    @JEDDDOGGY Yeah, they are 3rd tier, as they should be.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Do I need to pay 80 gold for fastballs?  

Eaton v Arrieta: 2 ABs with fastballs - 2 HRs; 6 ABs of curve balls - 6 outs. 
    @JEDDDOGGY said: There will be some nice blue xp guys, but for the most part, it's all about primes/legends now.

Sounds like it's all about potm for me, then 😁
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    @Base15. Same. Seems a lot less likely to foul them off too.