Options

My Experience Jumping to Diamond and Playing Through Diamond I

More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
So on Thursday I decided to make the jump with my only resources being the VIP gift, which is why I tried going through the 500 games of Diamond I, with the exact team (basically) that I had when I made the jump.  I figured some of you would find all of the following helpful or at least interesting.  Here was my team situation:

Team Strength:  114k

Lineup for first 234 wins - with live boost (players in parentheses were subbed in after Bonus Game Event ended and used for remaining 266 wins - without love boost):

C Evil Empire Sanchez Plat 10 - 270
1B POTW Goldschmidt Gold 10 - 228 (POTM Alonso Plat 10 - 293)
2B POTM LeMahieu Plat 10 - 293
3B All-Star Arenado Plat 10 - 309
SS Astros/Indians Lindor Plat 1 - 240 (All-Star Baez Plat 9 - 301)
LF All-Star Trout Plat 10 - 309
CF POTM Alvarez Plat 10 - 294
RF All-Star Bellinger Plat 10 - 301

Subs: WOH Eaton Plat 10 - 270, Ambidextrous Mondesi Plat 10 - 270, Gatorade Marte Plat 10 - 270

Pitchers:

Sonny Gray Plat 10 - 270                                       All-Star Chapman Gold 10 - 205
Bazooka Snell Plat 10 - 270                                   All-Star Hand Gold 10 - 205
All-Star Game Buehler Gold 10 - 228                    All-Star Greene Gold 10 - 205
POTM Scherzer Gold 10 - 223                              POTM Hader Gold 10 - 228
Zach Eflin Gold 10 - 205                                        POTM Hendriks Gold 10 - 223

Batters’ skills were mostly leveled to 6 and pitchers’ skills only leveled to 2
Team Pennants were mostly between 20-40/100, except for LAD and NYY, both at 60/100
Team Upgrades:

Hitting Coach 75/100
Base Coach 54/100
Trainer 70/100
Pitching Coach 65/100
Pitch Calling 65/100
Catcher Arm 53/100
Infield Hands 54/100
Outfield Hands 54/100
Outfield Arms 53/100
Clutch Performance 68/100
In the Zone 68/100
Aces Mentality 57/100
Lockdown Attitude 57/100
Momentum 54/100
Resilience 54/100

I was playing on a 10.5” iPad Pro, so no lag issues and had the Field Pass to enable Autoplay

I started with 345 bonus games, mixed in 6 tournaments, and ran out of bonus games after win 499.  I conveniently was able to watch a video for the bonus game that yielded win #500, immediately thereafter.

It took me 2 hours and 44 minutes to reach the 500 wins, with my result splits as follows:

Overall Record:  500 W 38 L  92.9 Win % - 19 Ice Packs Used
Bonus Games:   476 W 38 L  92.6 Win % - 16 Ice Packs Used
Tournaments:       24 W   0 L  100  Win % -   3 Ice Packs Used

Season Mode Record Before Jump to Diamond: 54 W 18 L
Season Mode Record After Jumo to Diamond:      5 W 19 L

Final Observations:

Diamond I seemed virtually the same difficulty as Platinum VI, with the same characteristics I had experienced in Platinum VI.  Live boost didn’t seem to affect my team’s success.  Most of my wins were by 10+ runs, with super blowouts still sprinkled in.  All but a handful of my wins were by 5+ runs.  My losses mainly happened when my opponent had both a higher team strength and large advantage in starting pitcher rating.  I only used an ice pack if doing so would flip the starting pitcher rating to my advantage and when using the ice packs my record was 17-2.  Obviously, season mode now sucks, but who cares really 🤷‍♂️  In the end, I was EXTREMELY happy with these results and encourage others to make the jump.  If time allows me to, I should cycling Diamond VI within a couple weeks or sooner...super stoked!!!

I will let y’all know how WOH goes for me on Monday.  I plan to give it a go without leveling any of my players or team boosts, at least once, just to see how tough it is.
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Forgot to mention a couple other observations:

1.  I really don’t know how the android users can stand the lag when cycling Diamond VI.  Doing 500 games with no lag and autoplay was a grind in itself...I have that much more respect for the dedication of the android users now.

2.  Autoplay has to be the best feature from the big update and I REALLY can’t imagine how tired everyone’s fingers/hands/wrists used to get when cycling Diamond VI without it!
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    2 hours and 45 minutes sounds beautiful for 500 bonus games. That takes me nearly all day to do 😂 congrats on the jump, good sir 👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Well you’ll need diamond bats for woh 
  • Options
    No way around it imo 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Haraycaray  Even if I’m only interested in WOH Classic for now?
  • Options
    Yep
  • Options
    Cycle capping especially for a new diamond player is important to build resources and accumulate blue cash. If I were you and I don’t have anything to do this weekend I’d get to tapping all the way through diamond 6 if you don’t have the evo to bring them. Leave primes behind for now if you don’t have at least a few hundred thousand in the tank. Focus on your top 5 blue xp hitters. It’ll make life a lot easier 
  • Options
    The field pass is a nice way to get them up. It wouldn’t hurt to find a .30 discount club to stack with the field pass either. 
  • Options
    If you’ve pulled a weekend player that is.
  • Options
    Ok, I suppose I’ll still give it the old college try once, since I’m stubborn.  However, point taken, lol.  I’ll purchase the $9.99 Field Pass so I can level up as many bats as possible when I inevitably get stuck in the upper levels.  Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    Alright, but I’d say sooner rather than later. Don’t get left behind when the difficulty inevitably goes up in diamond. Best to get there as soon as possivle
  • Options
    I’m in a solo club, as I have been since I started...I do have the 10% discount for this weekend, but didn’t want to spend the $19.99 for the weekend Field Pass, but maybe I’ll open boxes to hit the 2500 fan rewards and if I get a player worth leveling, I can still buy the FP.  Thanks again @Haraycaray!
  • Options
    So I took the advice, opened boxes to get to the 2,500 fan reward, which netted me Senzel and Peraza.  Leveled them both to Plat 10, then decided to hit the 10,000 fan reward to guarantee myself a lefty bonus player (Calhoun).  Along the way I pulled Gennett, leveled him to Plat 10, then pulled all 3 one more time along the way to Calhoun, evolving them all to Diamond 1 plus the bonus xp.  Now I have those 3 at Diamond 1 with 100K bxp left.  I also have 190k pxp now (started with 150k), so that all worked out well.  Thank you!
  • Options
    Did you find a .3 discount club...along with field pass you would have saved sooooo much xp 
  • Options
    @Haraycaray

I didn’t look, I realize the savings, but for me at this time, I prefer my solo club.  I assumed if I left as the only member, it would dissolve the club and I’ve gotten it to Silver IX by myself, so I didn’t want to lose all that time and effort when I’m so close to finally reaching gold, lol.  It might be counterproductive for my ultimate goal in the game, but I like having zero pressure to play, no drama or stress in that regard, etc.

If I’m wrong about my leaving the club would cause it to dissolve, well then it would be a 🤦‍♂️ moment, lol.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Do u have a second device to get another team going and join your club so that u could bounce around if needed?
  • Options
    Well...that’s an excellent point @2003cobra...unfortunately I’m now out of bxp because I leveled Peraza to Diamond 7 😂
  • Options
    Oh well...you live and learn.  I’ll get it right next time 😬
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    You can have a big day Monday and stack up on more resources. I had no d10 hitters Monday and ended the day with 4 d10 hitters. 
  • Options
    Yes, that is the plan I’m hoping to follow as well.  Just pulled Senzel again with my CvC reward too, so that was a nice bonus 😁  Thanks again to all of you, I really appreciate the input and advice!

• Options
    MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    So how did woh go ? 
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Lol, I was just reading this thread and about to ask the same thing, about Monday and Wednesday WOHs.  I’m knocking on the door of Diamond, just wondering what we need to cycle now.
  • Options
    Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I’ve been in diamond almost 3 weeks now and I’m easily cycling the classic WoH on Monday with 2 diamond 10 bats and a couple other diamond bats
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Linco32 When you made the jump, what did your lineup look like? 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Post a pic of your team?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Mulderken @Soo_Choo_Train @bayoubengal

I started with Peraza at D 7,  All-Star Trout (Prime) at  D 5 (could have taken him to D 7, but wanted to take my Ambidextrous Josh Bell to Plat 10), Gennett at D 3, and the rest of my lineup were Plat 10 from my OP.

With that lineup, cycling was easy.  I ended up only doing 10 cycles because of time restraints, but I think I used a total of 5 video restarts (4 against Kershaw at 5.7 and 1 against Kikuchi at 5.10), 1 gold restart (Strop at 5.9), and 5  80g gold boosts (3 Kershaw, 1 Strop, 1 Kikuchi), so a total of like 650-700 gold or so.

I started with 122k bxp.  I had Field Pass.  After cycle 1, leveled Ramirez (WOH Reward) to Plat 10, leaving me with around 20K bxp.  During the cycles, I was able to take Peraza to D 10 and Gennett to D 5.  Ramirez was at D 9 after my last cycle, so I took him to D 10 as well.  

When all was said and done, I had gained 100K bxp, sitting at 220k, which I of course wasted a bunch of on leveling POTW Vlad Jr. to Plat 10 because I’m an idiot and I was so excited for my first saved POTW repeat 🤦‍♂️.  At least I pulled him on 3 more POTM boxes, so he sits at D 3 and my bxp is back to 95k, lol.

Side note:  I probably could have got away without using all 5 gold restarts, but using them made it much easier and I hate starting all the way back at the beginning of a level once a I reach the 7th round of said level.

Better side note:  I hit a 3-run HR of the foul pole with Peraza, literally at the WOH buzzer, to beat Kikuchi by 1 run for cycle 10...that was both awesome and nerve racking, but is why I love trying to sneak in one more at the end!!!
  • Options
    Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @More2Most2First, I think I’ve only got enough bxp 600Kish to take one 350 max bxp guy to D10 and might be able to get a prime player into low Diamond.  Would I be better off splitting my bxp to bring two bxp bats into wherever 300K bxp could get them?  What do you think was needed to cycle Monday (last Monday)?  Was your D7 Peraza dominant, or did he have some trouble?  Was D3 Gennett good enough to beat any of the last 4 guys (Kershaw,Glasnow,Strop,Kikuchi) on level 5?  Were all of those last 4 pitcher on level 5 at D1?  Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • Options
    chris320320chris320320 Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
    I was just wondering if you still need gold to level up diamond players this year?  I’m at platinum 6 right now and was thinking about jumping to diamond and didn’t know if I should be saving up my gold or using it for resources. 
  • Options
    bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Nope 500 gold P10-D1  but it is 266k bxp and some change to go D1-D10
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • Options
    LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @chris320320 Nope. No gold required.