My Experience Jumping to Diamond and Playing Through Diamond I

2Next

Comments

• Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    This is my team now except I have Santana capped and Diaz and Lindor at D-9 and P-7 respectively. I also added Monday’s Woh reward Ramirez at D-6
    I entered diamond the week wolters was the WoH reward
  • Soo_Choo_TrainSoo_Choo_Train Registered Users, Member 160 Posts
    @bayoubengal, are you sure it’s only 266K to get from D1-D10?  The chart I found said it was 460K.
  • chris320320chris320320 Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
    I stayed at gold last year until 19 came out and then went to diamond 1. Where should my pitching be at to go on through diamond?  These are my pitchers now.
    I took 1 prime pitcher to P-10 and I have the rest bxp pitchers ranging from 330-340 also at P-10
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    @bayoubengal, Thanks.  I think there are 4 or 5 different charts floating around out there.  I guess they are not all correct.  I even saw this one back when it was posted, but I didn’t find it when I was searching last night.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited August 2019
    @Soo_Choo_Train

Without any leveling discounts, you can take 2 hitters to D 10, with 20% discount (Monday morning Field Pass for $9.99, which lasts through Friday morning) you could take 3 hitters to D 10 - assuming you have enough cash to do so.

Now to respond to your other questions:

1. D 7 Peraza (326 rating with LHP and late innings skills) was dominant, especially great for rounds 4.10 (Lester) and 5.10 (Kikuchi) because both of his skills were active regardless of baserunners situation.  That’s why I only had to use one video restart and 80g gold boost (on same turn to make sure I didn’t lose, lol) in order to get through those rounds 10 times.  I think there was only one separate time where I had to go an extra inning against Kikuchi, while he breezed through Lester every time.

2. At first I used my Plat 10 All-Star Arenado Prime (309 rating with LHP and RISP skills) for Kershaw at 5.7, which was my biggest challenge for some reason (maybe @DFBB is correct and skills turn on and off during gameplay) and required all of the video restarts and gold boosts I used against Kershaw (between cycles 3-6).  Once I had Harold Ramirez to D 5 (310 rating at D 5 with WOH and LHP skills) he dominated Kershaw the rest of the way.

3. At first (cycles 1-5) I used my Plat 10 POTM Blackmon (301 rating with RHP and RISP skills) against Glasnow and he dominated him, but once I leveled Gennett to D 4 (301 rating with RHP and RISP skills) I began using him (cycles 6-10) and he dominated Glasnow as well.

4. I used D 5 All-Star Trout Prime (354 rating with late innings and RISP skills) for all 10 against Strop.  I needed the one gold restart against him during cycle 6 because I had just used my video restart against a Kershaw and used 80g gold boost again, just to make sure, lol.

5. I don’t remember for certain, but I do think all of the last 4 pitchers (Kershaw, Glasnow, Strop, Kikuchi) were Diamond 1 and I want to say they all range from roughly 240-270 ratings.

It was easier than I thought it would be and I hope they don’t change it for awhile, but I’m nervous it will be harder this coming Monday since they just released Legends...here’s to hoping it stays the same 🤞
    edited August 2019
    @More2Most2First, thanks for breaking it down.  I’ve got the 20% discount now.  I’m about 6 bonus games from P6 playoffs now.  I think I’m going to do it go to Diamond.  I’ve got PotM Hiura (with 2x late inning skill) I’m going to take to D7 or 8 I guess.  What I do with the rest is still undecided for now.  I’ve got the weekend to figure it out. : )

I think the difficulty will increase some with the jump in max for PotM, primes, and now the release of legends.
    edited August 2019
    @Soo_Choo_Train

Honestly, I say you should because not only do I think you’ll be ok for WOH (assuming not a large jump in difficulty on Monday), but you can really start to grind toward D6 tier and then the “fun grind” of cycling for 7,500 gold, 2.5 mil cash, and 650 evo - as often as you can.

I’m at 500/800 wins in D3 tier right now and my hope is that once I can start cycling D6, I can vastly reduce the weekly $ I spend on this game and still getting to open plenty of boxes, level players easier, etc.

I seriously can’t wait until I have so much gold that I can open 40 mega prime xp boxes and not even hesitate to do so!!!
    I guess I can’t “lol”, “agree”, and “like” your post, but I do.  Thanks for all of the info.  I’ll give it a shot.
  • chris320320chris320320 Registered Users, Member 70 Posts
    I have 9400 gold but almost no xp or evo to jump to diamond. Should I use that gold to buy resources and evo since I will be getting another 7500 after I beat platinum 6 or should I save it and build up resources and jump in a couple weeks?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Save it, and definitely don't ever use gold for evo. It's a total scam
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited August 2019
    @More2Most2First, thanks again for the breakdown of your first WOH experience in Diamond.  I took the leap and pretty much mirrored your WOH lineup, as close as I could with my resources, and I was mostly cruising through today in the time I was able to play.  No gold spent, other than the accidental 14 on Level 4 when I forgot I was at 4.8, and I cycled classic quite a few times, not even needing the free replay or video boost for most of it.  I’d almost say I had a slightly tougher time with it when my live boost kicked in.  

Since it was my first time, I don’t have any experience at the Diamond level.  Would you guys say it was about the same, easier, harder, than previous weeks of Classic WOH?
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    @chris320320 jump in global before/after events and evo hunt..you can get a couple hundred or so in an hour
    edited August 2019
    @Soo_Choo_Train

I think it was basically the same this week as last week.  At first, it seemed like it was going to be harder because I got breaking balls from Feliz on my first attempt at 1.10, but I ended up cycling classic 12 times, with my only gold spent on a couple of accidental auto plays on various round 8s, lol.  Glad it helped give you some confidence to make the jump and that you found it to be basically the same as I did!