This is why we need trading/a system to sell players

Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
I just broke the 1.5% box odds and actually pulled a legend but he won’t ever play on my team because legend xp is limited at the moment

Comments

• Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I wish I was able to get value for him now instead of him just collecting dust in my inactives
    I think that Glu should implement a trading system like rocket league has in place where the people like us on the forums dictate what the market value of players are
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Madden has an auction house where you buy and sell players. It’s pretty nice. It’s also constantly exploited by third parties that sell in game currency. 
    The problem with an auction house is that there would have to be a single currency such as gold. In rocket leagues system there is a currency (keys that can open crates) but they are not needed to trade with
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Maybe this could work

Two players in same club could trade but there were some currency exchanges:

1. 50 gold (whatever glu wants to set) each owner trading
    2. players have to meet equivalent if not use bxp, pxp, lxp to make the trade.  ex: silver 10 player being traded for gold 10 player.  the person trading the silver 10 has to send more players to meet the bxp requirement or the bxp itself.  

Now I do know this a complex system to code but I do think it can be done.  Also there is probably a better system as well.  This is just off the top of my head without giving to much thought to it.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Image result for yup
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    All Glu has to do is enable trading to make it work. Rocket League uses a website where players post the items they have and what they are looking for in return. Psyonix (the owner of rl) does not monitor the website at all, it’s strictly player made.
    https://rocket-league.com/trading Here’s a link to see what I’m talking about
    Here’s an example of a trade. What he owns is on the left and what he is looking for in return on the right
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I’m for it if I can trade 12 of 13 primes on my bench for the PXP to level the one I keep. 
    That’s exactly my point
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    I doubt it will ever happen. Glu is too greedy and the fact that u have a bunch of prime players and no pxp is perfect for them because if u want to use your primes, you may have to buy many pxp boxes using gold and/or real money. The other person has lots of pxp but no prime playes? Great, he has to buy boxes using gold or real money. It’s a perfect solution for them. 
    If they allow trading, both users in this scenario will be set, and glu will collect what? Some gold like u said in the example? Not ideal for them since people would stop buying boxes and spending 10-30k gold chasing ONE player, like we sadly do now.
    I mean, don’t get me wrong, i’m all for trading in the game, but very unlikely to happen. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL....if there was a trading system the gap between most clubs and the elite ones would multiply and those clubs even more so than now would dominate the game.  
  • Williams5Williams5 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Maybe Glu can do like fantasy football, and just trade between club members, the trade has to be of equally talented players and the club would have to agree to it. 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    How many times have you had extra of one position like 2nd base and you have a hole in another area like SS? And your club mate is just the opposite. There would be no need to buy boxes anymore. People would jump into clubs just to trade. @williams5
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Maybe you are only allowed so many trades like maybe 2 or 3 the whole year.... unless of course you buy the trade subscription as @CanadaCubs said 🤔
    Think of all those dollars glu 😉