Club Events and CvC

slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
So, I wanted to get everyone's take on this. How do you feel when club members have bonus players, but only try to "snipe" CvC without contributing to the clubs event total? This drives me nuts, because myself and a few others bust our butts in daily events just for someone to come in and steal CvC without playing daily events.
Prev1

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I wouldn't play with guys like that. I'd either find another club or have a discussion about it.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So im an assistant, mainly the leader. I reached out to the person but waiting a response. Thanks for you take @DFBB
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I snipe cvc, but only in a solo club and would never snipe in a club without contributing in all other events. I would only snipe to help keep the cvc scores lower for better matchups too. 

If you play cvc in a club, you should be playing all other events too. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    What’s the name of your club?  I’ll come by and pit snipe the sniper!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    thats what the kick button is for...unless its the leader then you're screwed.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    thats what the kick button is for...unless its the leader then you're screwed.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

That's why I posted for opinions from you guys. I am going to kick'em, but wasn't sure If i was being petty or not.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Can someone explain what "sniping" means, exactly? I want to be clear on the differences between that and slow-playing. 
    @Cooz19 So to me sniping is a player coming in with minutes to seconds left in a round and basically winning the whole round.
    @slafrance2 is this someone who's on the team already? 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I call "bad" sniping when we are going to win the matchup, and one of the guys holds a big score until the last couple of seconds and puts it up when we don't need it.  That hurts our next matchup and kills morale.  I kick those guys after 1 warning.  We have club rules of team win comes first, create good matchups for next round, and lastly individual awards.  If the situation arises, I always snipe the other team to win with no time left.  That goes with our first rule of team wins come first.
    Yes, but they're not known for participating in daily events. So this person has a bonus player has not played any bonus games and up up 2 mil and signed off.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited August 2019
    With regard to club events, I've heard people talk about delayed starts to potentially get better matchups.  What kind of delay do people use?  And does it seem to work with weekend main events?

I ask because the club I'm in reset to bronze this past Monday, and after doing so we have managed two top 10 finishes and a top 20 (getting at least some version of each day's accolade), and we're hovering around 15 so far today.  But we haven't been using any kind of delayed start, so I'm wondering if we should do that as well going forward.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    @Cooz19 I consider sniping waiting til the last bit of cvc and shooting your best shot. Snipers shoot 1 shot for the kill. My score may show 0 until 3 seconds left. Last week another sniper and I had a good duel. I put up 30K right at the end my opponent put up 27K. I had put up 500 before and he has 750. So I barely edged him out. 
    I think there's a line that shouldn't be crossed, but I don't think it's fair to say Player X doesn't get to have an at-bat because Player Y played earlier than X did. That's just as self-serving as someone waiting to see what the score is before jumping in, but the person who feels like they got robbed only played earlier, and scored fewer points.

Just my $0.02, I think this situation goes away if the reward for winning was much larger than the reward for MVP/high round. I'd rather deal with "he didn't contribute as much as I did!" than the messy, ethical arguments of who gets to play at what point in the timer. I'm sorry, but that's all this really is. 
    We're a plat club high round is pxp mvp is two daily boxes. Im all about having teammates get their due I am, its not about who playes a round before who, but if yore not going to contribute daily and only for CvC its unfair to the club.

But @Bigpredfan if you're on the team, you're entitled to play the game. It's a bit shady, and perhaps you don't want to play with that person, but what if they have field pass and need those points for milestones (I understand that likely wasn't the case in your situation)? 

It's a slippery slope at that point. Now you need rules of when a player is allowed to play in cvc, and that rule is being determined by the people who have no rules-based complaints, but stand to lose because they didn't play more. 

I get the scenario isn't as innocent as I might be suggesting, but I tend not to support unspoken rules that gerrymander around the actual rules because one group of people lost something they feel they should have won. Bottom line, whoever scores the most points wins. It's up to the player how much they want to invest. 

Again, making the individual rewards drastically higher than the team rewards creates this issue. That's the real problem, in my mind. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    @CanadaCubs did you not log in to the game at all for 52 hours? Or did you just not play the event?

I'm curious because I've seen a couple people say that delayed starts don't matter but they only say they didn't start playing the event until later on. They did not say if they logged in near the beginning of the event.

The theory I saw floated before is that your bracket is determined by the first person from your club to login. Simply avoiding playing the event wouldn't matter if that were the case. 

This subject kind of fascinates me even though I have no hope of exploiting/testing it in the casual club I am in.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Club Events -  do you not think that it goes of the last event. So Monday WOH placement for next WOH.  Prime day to prime . royale to royale?????
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    edited August 2019
    @Cooz19 and that right there is a reason I do cvc solo. Lol.  I don’t need any club drama. None at all and I’m not busting it spending 45K cash for autoplays and some gold for boosts for 1500 BXP 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Had a guy in my club that used to do this.  Had to kick him since he didn't wanna contribute unless he got a player from the box for being MVP.  He loved spending gold on that x500, but didn't wanna spend it on boxes.  
    Just no.  
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    All I do on weekend is CvC as well
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
    Yeah, @Bigpredfan, truth be told, I only play two rounds with the video bonuses. I can't say I have a dog in this fight  :D
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Delayed starts are nonsense. It’s a popular theory, but when lotsa peeps delay start, don’t they then end up in the same delayed start bracket??? If ur a top club, there is nothing to worry about. If ur not a top club,,, keep looking for ways to get to the top. Bottom line is you need bonus guys and grinders to place at the top. 

• UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    There’s a lot of different factors getting a good bracket other than delay, that’s just part of it. @fahhq2
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Without getting into specifics, delaying does work if certain criterias are met. I'm personally not a fan of it, but it's a viable strategy. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    As far as sharing CVC rewards, my club has a system.  We are team-win first, MVP to the player we hand-pick before the matchup starts.  We try to let the weaker teams take more MVPs, and it is usually a combo pack with high-round.  

Since I am the biggest scorer (sometimes by a very wide margin), I usually play one manual entry for 10 or 20 points as early as possible, then check back in with 5 minutes to go.  If the team is trailing, I play enough to win it, but no more.  I only pass the person in line for MVP, if that is what it takes for the team win.  We also tank one occasionally, so we get a better matchup next time.

Then I go hard in the last matchup, so I get at least one MVP/high-round for myself.

Certainly not a perfect system, and somebody screws it up at least once a week, but generally very effective.  The key is communication, and deciding who gets the MVP shot before the matchup starts.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    My club has done something similar @Tdub71. We’ve done a point system, landing in the top 5 during the weekgets you points. We total the points for the week and assign rounds for cvc weekend. MVP scores 60 points, everyone else 20. Gives you motivation to do well during the week as well
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @slafrance2 So I was at a point where I was winning 95% of the clubs MVP and High Round and felt kind of bad about it thinking that I was potentially holding other club members back.  So to encourage event play I created a ranking system based upon the avg rank you finished in events for the prior week.  Top 5 gets an assigned time slot that they try to win the CVC match (top 4 on Tuesday).  Everyone is encouraged to play CVC but to do so manually and not overthrow the designated winner.  The thought behind this was to share the CVC rewards but at the same time encourage and boost event play.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @DFBB are you willing to get into specifics on delayed starts? What criteria have to be met?