Old discussion that I need renewed.

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
Who is currently the best cvc player in TSB2019. Non keeper. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any double blowout skill players, at least it feels that way 

Comments

• total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I believe my best is Home Run Derby Prime Vlad Jr w/2xCvC skills. He sees limited action in other modes coz I have Prime Vlad Jr w/RHP and Late Inning skills. So what you see below are NON-BOOSTED stats when I forgot to switch him out or used him as DH in Prime/Bonus/Match games. I can't remember making an out with him when I'm playing CvC manually.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Honestly not sure how you could quantify the performance.   
  • total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    While impossible to quantify his actual performance in CvC, we can use the stats that are visible and apply an 18% boost to them to come up with what his stats for CvC should/could/would look like (assuming all of the stats above occurred in CvC).

That .486 AVG would be tops on my team for guys with more than 2,000 ABs. And, you have to figure that those other guys have skills active outside of CvC (since Vlad's my only 2xCvC player) so, relatively, we'd be comparing apples to apples.

Oddly enough, for math nerds out there, I found a correlation when doing this math exercise:
    If standard Hit (236) + Power (247) = .412 AVG (as shown originally), that's a factor of 0.00853.
    18% Boosted Hit (278.5) + Power (291.5) = 570. So, by applying the factor, Vlad should have a .486 AVG - which is EXACTLY what my calculations came up by individually boosting his H, 2B, 3B, HR by 18%. Coincidence?

Again, we have no proof that he's actually performing this well in CvC but, based on a couple math exercises I've done, Glu's algorithmic programming tends to hold relatively true when it comes to these types of things.
    While impossible to quantify.........why say another word?!   LOL
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    "LOL" because he reverse-engineered it and the results show a pretty strong correlation. It's an interesting bit of info for discussion (yes, I know it isn't proven as factual, spare the superiority). If that isn't interesting to you, fine, but if we only discussed what we know as concrete facts in this game, the discussion would be far less engaging. 
    What about a player youbuse in multiple disciplines?! My Lindor double rhp is batting over .500.  Is he good in CvC?  I have no idea but I’m thinking with his switch hitting he’s ok.  How much are skills firing and what difference do they make?  Fact is with one isolated case reverse engineered in the end it’s just a one off and can be dismissed as easily as two batters with nearly identical stats and skills who are .100 apart in BAA.  Double CvC skill probably means that guy is better than the gout with woh skills, but who knows really and like I said, it all pales as compared to the event bonus player(s) whilchbis where the money is won and lost in CvC.  
    "Fact is with one isolated case reverse engineered in the end it’s just a one off and can be dismissed as easily as two batters with nearly identical stats and skills who are .100 apart in BAA." -- 1. I took what he said about having done it multiple times as with multiple players. 2. Those are interesting points to make because they add to the discussion. They're much better than you dismissing it like a pompous jackhole. 

"Double CvC skill probably means that guy is better than the gout with woh skills" -- "probably?" Why say another word if it isn't quantifiable, right?. And are you saying players in the game have gout? 

"
    and like I said, it all pales as compared to the event bonus player(s) whilchbis where the money is won and lost in CvC." -- No, you didn't say anything like that. Your first response was "Honestly not sure how you could quantify the performance." When he provided his method, admitting it can't be proven as fact, but does show correlation, you said "While impossible to quantify.........why say another word?!   LOL". 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    I'm going to lump CvC and EB together. In it's debut, I noticed that the cvc skills are NOT active for EB. I didn't check it the second time around(changes were made), but if that continues to be the case, it loses a lot of it's value. As such, I consider guys with double blowouts as the premier skill set for cvc/eb. That said, if strictly CvC, I can't think of anyone better than the Vlad that @total13 posted. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    He’s better.......maybe.....been playing him at b1 and haven’t lost a round yet this weekend because he’s a bonus guy along with another I have.  I will never level him or write 5 paragraphs about him so who can tell really?!?   🤷‍♂️.  LOL
    Yeah, good one. I love strawmen-I mean, bonus players. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Speaking of EB- they didn’t even do extra bases this week, did they? I wouldn’t have missed it lol.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY They sure didn't!  Maybe this upcoming Wednesday they'll have it up.  I could use some pxp right about n... a week ago.
    Just no.  
    Last time EB was up all the upgrades went haywire.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    And it still didn’t help me :(