Comments

• MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    ATGs
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    They won’t guarantee an ATG for 7k gold
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’d bet this weekend. 1% chance at a legend so on your 100th box you will be guaranteed a legend 
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Pretty sure this was designed for me specifically 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    100 boxes or 50k gold for a 350 max bxp Dbl season mode skill player 
  • UltimateJacketsUltimateJackets Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I spent about 90k in gold on the HoF box and did not get ONE legend player or 420 Prime player from it. I can’t imagine that Glu will guarantee anything worthwhile.  The boxes seem to be rigged anyway. 
  • Linco32Linco32 Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    Lucky me I got the two highest overalls in the game and can’t use them because I’m in diamond 🤦‍♂️ Btw i opened 6 boxes
  • UltimateJacketsUltimateJackets Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    That’s another example of how your penalized for moving up in this game
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    If I remember correctly ATG boxes last year were a lot more than 700 gold, so maybe if they re-introduce them this year the pity timer might be in play, but the boxes will be 3000+ gold.
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    3000 gold is what ATG boxes were last year, with no pity timer and super low odds  
    @UltimateJackets The worst thing is that all I wanted was the 420 Judge and I ended up pulling both legends.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Wow such bad luck to get both legends 😂😂 @Linco32
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    Nah... It is bad luck.  Now @Linco32 gets to spend 90k in gold like @UltimateJackets but on LXP boxes just so he can use them instead of collecting dust on the shelf!  All because he got "Lucky".  Im praying with every box that I DONT pull a legend!  I dont want one right now, give me something I can use!
    @8ball02 Thank you for understanding my pain
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    It’s kinda of a bummer. I got Baines. He will just sit on my bench. Takes the fun out of 1.5% pull for sure. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Last year, there's a theory floating around that if you're low on resources, you're more likely to pull that type of player. For example, if you're low on pxp, you're more likely to get primes. Personally, I've experienced a similar correlation, but obviously it's not exactly scientific. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @DFBB   Let's test that theory!  @retirepujols go ahead and trade in ALL your prime players then spend it all on one player.  Then start pulling boxes and see what your ratio to bxp/prime pulls are.
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Easy @bayoubengal. He’s gonna need to get a little later in the day to make a decision like that 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    @DFBB - I'm liking that theory- I'm sitting on a haul of prime xp and cvc boxes have been horrible now for a couple weeks. But I did pull a legend yday! Lol. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited August 2019
    Sure, I'll trade in 4 of my 6 primes once the event starts 😁 I'm just below a million pxp, so if I pull nothing but pxp that would correlate with the theory?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @CanadaCubs not this time, I was the test dummy for the "accidental" early fan rewards release a few days ago. That ate up about 60k, so this weekend I'll be under the radar. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Nevermind. As much as I would love Reynolds, there isn't a single bxp guy. This tells me pxp will be my go-to from now on, and it will be better served/more efficient to use on WOH HOF guys rather than box pulls. 
    @retirepujols yeah but with the recent boxes don’t you think there’s a good chance that Prime moves to classic and a legend player goes to the HOF slot?
    Which would be even better but I would imagine a bump in difficulty and if it’s anything like the bumps / steps we’ve seen in strength it’s going to be an all new ballgame
    edited August 2019
    @8ball02 That's what I'm HOPING will happen, but I'm not expecting it. Well, at least not so soon. I'm expecting lxp to be harder to obtain, and at lower quantities, than pxp was/has been. I wouldn't expect them to hand us lxp from woh Hof (even at an increased difficulty) just yet. Hopefully my hunch is wrong 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Fishful Thinking - Verb (fish^ful thin-king) 
    The act of opening mystery boxes in hopes of pulling a Mike Trout Prime Player.

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    DFBB dusting off the Murphy’s Law theorem.......I don’t believe that personal need is reflected in actual success or lack of it when opening boxes......just when you’re broke and you get the dream player out of the box it hurts a lot more and will leave a “mark”.