Use of PXP

lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
I just wanted to get some insight from you guys on using my 60k PXP. Should I use it on my keeper skills or save it? I have 400 Arenado but I am thinking about not leveling him since my keeper is 3rd base. I don't really try to cycle HOF so PXP is only from gifts and boxes/CVC.  Any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    If you don’t play WOH, I certainly wouldn’t use the PXP for that skill on Schmidt. Personally, I hang onto it. 
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I play WOH a lot, just don't mess with Hof mode much. Only for club points until I get my team better 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    That team looks good enough forvclassic WOH without using the PXP on skills. I’d hold onto it. Of course, a better use for things always comes along right after I use it so I have a bias towards being conservative. 
    That's what I was learning towards. Obviously everyone besides keepers are obsolete in a month, but you will never be competitive thinking that way 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Do you plan on moving up in tiers, or staying gold? If you plan on staying gold, it will take 106,400 pxp to take a prime from b1 to g10. I wouldn't recommend leveling a prime unless you can cap them, a g10 bxp player is better than a g2 prime for example. If you plan on moving up to platinum in the future, definitely save that pxp; you're looking at 275,150 pxp to go from b1 to p10. (these figures are without any discounts.)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Do you plan on moving up in tiers, or staying gold? If you plan on staying gold, it will take 106,400 pxp to take a prime from b1 to g10. I wouldn't recommend leveling a prime unless you can cap them, a g10 bxp player is better than a g2 prime for example. If you plan on moving up to platinum in the future, definitely save that pxp; you're looking at 275,150 pxp to go from b1 to p10. (these figures are without any discounts.)
    I plan on staying at gold. I play a lot, but platinum/diamond seems to time consuming. The 400 Arenado is hard to not level, and keeper schmidt had no problem at 5.10 Monday. I decided to save the pxp unless i get a great WOH bat on the weekend and find a  .3 discount club with the field pass to level up 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited July 2019
    Wise decision 👍🏻 Arenado is the only prime I have capped in diamond, and he is very nice. The discount club and field pass route is definitely the way to go, though. Especially if you can grab a guy that fills a position of need 😊
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HarveyBarsHarveyBars Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Definitely keep
    ShareTheLove
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Honestly, the keepers aren't really worth investing much in after ur team starts getting good.
    I'm one of those locked out by the recent update, but if it's like it's been all season, keepers are probably never gonna be bonus guys.

Just my opinion. 😁
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    If they weren't so expensive, it would be worth it to me.  They will keep growing, and usually be among the higher-max players.  Plus, you only have to level them once, instead of constantly cycling new players through, and hence, cash, xp, gold, Evo...
    For instance, my keeper Ichiro can hold his own against any rhp in classic, even though he is nowhere near the top of my woh list, and skills only at 2 each, right now.
    Tdub71 said:
    For instance, my keeper Ichiro can hold his own against any rhp in classic, even though he is nowhere near the top of my woh list, and skills only at 2 each, right now.
    I regret leaving him behind. OF has been such a common position i thought it was a good idea to bring position players over. Seems like everyone who has him kills it
    The keeper skills are tempting since they will continue to move up...the prime players now will be left behind eventually 
    @lpoheron, exactly.  They are just so damn expensive...
    @Tdub71 that's very true it won't seem as bad when pxp is more available, but it seems like there will be 2 levels of lxp followed by a crazy amount of gold...but they will continue to increase unlike the other players
    edited July 2019
    I don't remember, but I think the skills are the same as last year.  To go from 16 to 17 was 1500 gold I think.  That is 7500 for a keeper.  Hella pricey...
  • Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    Since ur keeperskeeper is maximized I wouldn’t upgrade a prime at that spot. But if u can get a reg xp guy with the same overal use them instead as keepers are 10z the cost to upgrade so it’s stoopid costly .... not worth it. Will be once the multipler is 1x tho and not .7-.75 as it is now