Bonus game Thursday

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
I used to think this event was the most pointless thing next to 5 days of prime events in the game.  However at the end of ‘18 I entered diamond and well let’s just say I look forward to it this season every week.  I was able tonight to score well over a billion points for the first time ever and pulled my club to a nice 3rd place finish and a 20% discount for the weekend.

I’m curious how fellow diamond players made out today and some of the strategies people are using to get through their 1,000 games as I can’t really seem to settle in on anything as being the most efficient.  I’ve done everything from an 80 bonus game/20 tourney game (5 tourneys) split to 60/20, to 60/40, to only playing bonus games I win from tourney boxes.  I did my first part of the day today as 80/20, then did 60/20 once 3rd was basically secured.
Prev1

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I didn’t get to 1000 wins yesterday but since some of you guys turned me on to tourneys I’ve been focusing on winning them and only using the bonus games earned from boxes. It seems cheaper and you can earn some money back once you play the bonus games. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Nice day @redlegs2018u ! If I have a good chance at first place, I'll play in my club. If not, I float around to different clubs.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I strictly played bonus games yesterday, but I didn't keep track of how many I played. I scored roughly ~600 mil in about 12 different clubs, at somewhere around 1mil a game, so I'm calling it ~600 games yesterday. I got through a d6 cycle before the last CVC and didn't do much, if any, playing after that. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited August 2019
    On Mon/Tue I'm playing tournaments to convert my cash earned from WOH into bonus games. Then on Wed for Royale I'm of course playing a mix of bonus games and tournaments. Then on Thu morning before the event I play some tournaments to convert more of that WOH cash from Wed into more bonus games. Then Thu during the event I'm playing strictly bonus games. By the time I'm done, I have a slew of cash and usually some bonus games left too (enough to keep me busy all weekend). Any leftover cash on Mon morning, I put into upgrades.

I've been doing this for a while now and its working out pretty good.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    How many bonus games do you think you actually need to cycle D6 every week? I have almost 3500 currently and am wondering if next Royale I should stock up on some tourney boxes preemptively (if I make the jump the following weekend).
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I guess how many times would you be looking to cycle every week (I currently try to do one on Tuesday, one Thursday and 2 over the weekend so needing to win 4,000 games)?  Not accounting for losses that split is somewhere between 700-800 bonus games with the other 200-300 coming from tourneys.  You typically get a bonus game somewhere around 25-30% of the time from a bonus game.  So if doing no tourneys you’re spending 750-800 per 1,000 not counting losing which as you start out you’re going to lose a fair amount to already good teams and even crap teams with a good Ace.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @dustyhunks That's way more than enough! And tourney games count as division wins too, so even playing tourneys to get more bonus games actually moves the win counter.

I cycle D6 almost every single day and it's basically just recycling cash > tourneys > bonus games. Also, you have to take into account that about 30 percent of the time you play a bonus game you actually get one back as the reward. So 3500 bonus games is actually nearly 5000 games.

Just a really rough example:
    I had maybe 400k cash and a little more than 1000 bonus games before the event yesterday. By the end of the event, I had cycled D6 and then some (was halfway through another cycle). So last night after the event I was almost out of bonus games as I only had maybe 50 left but then had something like 2.4 mill cash from all the loyalty and cash won from bonus games. Playing that 2.4 mill cash in tourneys this morning, I've put up 400 wins which has me very close to another D6 cycle (at 923 now) and the tourney boxes should net me about 500-600 bonus games once I open them.

So it's just a constant cycle. The math gets pretty complex, but I have found that if I have 1,000 bonus games and a couple mill cash after WOH on Wednesday that I can cycle my little heart out the next 4 days until Mon WOH and still have leftover cash to use on upgrades. So long as you keep recycling cash/tourneys/games you'll never run out of anything.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @dustyhunks You have way more than enough. To add to @JEDDDOGGY's advice, WoH is a cash cow! You have enough bonus games to get you settled. Once you are able to cap a few bats, you will make millions of cash in WoH and with the cycle of woh cash/tourneys/bgs, you'll never have to worry about running out of bonus games. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    So theoretically, to play the roughly 1500 (?) games to get to diamond (g4 now) I could probably just pocket that cash for the next maybe 2 weeks after going diamond and not even bother with tourney's outside of bonus points from any players I get?
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    I average anywhere from 400 to 600 bonus wins on Thursdays. I always have at least a million or two in blue cash to play the tournaments during the rest of the week, with the majority of those being on Wednesdays. It really depends on how badly I feel like cycling versus enjoying severe finger cramping.
    Man U guys are dedicated. 2 cycles is pretty much my limit. Tourneys are definitely a great way to earn bonus games. Even though I didn’t start this thread thanks for all of the advice that Ive received 
    So, I'm going to use this thread as a bit of a recording station. I have 0 bonus games, 100 tournament boxes, and am at 733 wins towards another cycle. I'm going to open those boxes and play nothing but bonus games until I'm back down to 0 to see how many games I get out of those 100 boxes. Right now, I'm 13,892-1,022. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    35 franchise coins, 520 bonus games, and 45 ice wraps gained. Let's see how many games I get out of those 520 bonus games 🙃
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    So you're playing those bonus games now, @retirepujols
    I'm going to now, yes. Nothing but bonus games until they're gone. Will take me until tomorrow, I'm not a monster like these other guys lol
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I've been running videos and forgetting about 5-game winning streaks since 4 a.m., and continuing to do that sounds more entertaining than what you're doing. I can't even imagine how boring playing that many bonus games is going to be. 
    It's not very different from watching a bunch of videos, except I'll be tapping more frequently. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    For me, that comes out to around 750 games @retirepujols. Curious what you get out of 520 games 
    Have fun pujols. Too bad u haven’t retired yet. You would have more free time
  • ReclinerRecliner Registered Users, Member 114 Posts
    It truly is a never ending cycle
    Back to 0 bonus games. I am now 14,649-1,025. This means I went 757-3, 760 bonus games from 100 tournament boxes. Spot on @Bigpredfan
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Good deal @retirepujols
    Nice wining percent pujols
    @2003cobra that surprised me a good bit lol, but I'll take it 😁👍🏻
    edited August 2019
    I have another stupid question. :*

I put up 186million with 3 bonus guys while going plat (430-ish games won) last Thursday which was only good enough for 59th (235mil total from club) in that bracket. I inherited a 20% club with a single team that scored 216mil and finished second. This was a new club made that day I presume. With that club I placed 9th this weekend for my second team. This coming Thursday, am I better off creating a NEW club for myself and second team or should it not matter that I have 2 top tens in last week with previous club? I know I can jump into discount but I want both the rewards from bonus game event and ability to collect cvc boxes whenever I want them.
    @dustyhunks is that club your only club? Or do you already have another club above bronze?
    I have a main plat club @retirepujols
    If you leave it completely inactive, I don't think the previous finishes should matter too much. Do you have a third account, or some other way, to hold both clubs AND make a new one just in case?
    I don't. I'll just make a new one. If it were silver I would find another way.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    @dustyhunks you can come party with me but I have a gold club
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.