Season Mode - Team Strength comparison

trilayertrilayer Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
I am so confused. In season mode my team shows a stronger strength to almost every team I have ever faced however i am lucky to win 1/4 of my games. Can someone explain to me how i can win at season Games.
Team Trilayer

Comments

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I can’t tell you how to win, but I can tell you how not to lose. Don’t play season mode games. 
  • trilayertrilayer Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    why would that matter if on the bar is shows my team is much stronger. my team strength is 109565 with almost all of my upgrades in the 80's and my pennants are averaging 40% or better

Team Trilayer
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Because TS doesn’t mean anything in Season 
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    At 109k if you're above Silver, you're off the pace. Gold at this point to fly through season mode, should be near 130k. Higher for Platinum & above
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Make sure your pitcher is better than the other pitcher.....if not anything can happen, regardless of the overall stat comparison.  
  • CharlieHustle918CharlieHustle918 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Trilayer, from my experience, this game will let you know when your “out of bounds” if you will. Pennants are huge and so are skills. Im Gold (have been for 2 months) and i have a team that is about half max Prime players and pitching, i have my stryers skills maxed to 8 each... i have won the finals 3 seasons in a row and currently im at 55-1 in current season. Ive found sometimes it helps once you hit the postseason to not be afraid to use the 80gold boost paired with your normal team boost. In my opinion, its some of the best gold spent to obtain the mass pennants and PXP for winning your season. My team upgrades are maxed on all offensive categories as well. Hope this helps
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    As @bigvivec pointed out, pitchers are the best barometer for season mode(or any game, really). Team strength can be inflated by dead weight skills(like woh skill has no impact on games). It's also my opinion that many of the skills don't always work or never work at all in season mode.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Crawdaddy88Crawdaddy88 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Hey guys. I am a newbie and still kind of flailing around, but I am definitely addicted. Maybe 2 stupid questions:  1) in season games, How much do you play the game vs. just letting the bot simulate?  2)  is there a tab somewhere that lets you view some stats for previously played season games (figure this may help with figuring out your pitching matchups, batting order for each series as the season progresses). Thanx all 
    1) Autoplay entirely. The result is predetermined by the pitcher matchup & team strength. 2) No
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    You can look at the stats from the past few games played on the Games page under history at the bottom of the page. 
  • Crawdaddy88Crawdaddy88 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Thanks guys. Good luck
    COWPILEY said:
    You can look at the stats from the past few games played on the Games page under history at the bottom of the page. 
    Not for Season games as the question inquired. 
  • Sarge14Sarge14 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    trilayer said:
    I am so confused. In season mode my team shows a stronger strength to almost every team I have ever faced however i am lucky to win 1/4 of my games. Can someone explain to me how i can win at season Games.
    I have noticed that it is almost entirely based on pitching. You must have a good pitcher (maxed out) and your batters have to be better than the opposing pitcher. When I first leveled to platinum I couldn’t win a thing because their pitcher was so much better than my hitters even though my team strength was higher.
  • spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    with this pitching lineup I go 116-0 every time. Season mode is very important, and and easy way to get resources. I'm gold VI and breeze through the playoffs. 
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Spooman that was very helpful thank you