Wed royal difficulty woh compared to classic

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
im at the point now where I can cycle classic with ease . How much more difficult is wed woh?
Prev1

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    If you are just getting to be able to cycle classic I would say give it a shot but don’t hold your breath.....
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • 4SHIZZOMYRIZZO444SHIZZOMYRIZZO44 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    I have yet to try HOF but can cycle classic and Royale. Is Royale comparable in difficulty to HOF? 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Wednesday’s Royale WOH is significantly harder than Monday’s Classic. The pitchers are harder starting at 5.4 on Wednesday and 5.7 on Monday. If you have a lot of capped guys, then Wednesday shouldn’t be a problem. If you only have 4 or so guys maxed out, the only way you’re going to cycle today is to use Gold reusing your capped guys starting at 5.4 most likely.
  • titsmcgee95titsmcgee95 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    A lot of guys think Wednesday is harder than HOF. I am not in that camp, the extra level in HOF is very annoying plus the last two of Bauer and Ryu are a pain in the balls. Wednesday Royale is significantly harder than Classic, though. If you post your lineup I think guys could give you a good idea of how you would do.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Today hasn’t happened, so i reserve the right to amend this after the event. But I can cycle Monday classic with a team full of G10s. I don’t put a lot of effort into HOF on Mondays, since I can cycle classic enough for it to actually matter. But I can normally get through Wednesday’s. It is harder and takes more tries than Monday. But it’s not impossible to do. It just takes a little more work than Mondays. 
  • LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    For me in silver, Wednesday WOH has been HARDER then Monday HOF.  I cycled HOF this past Monday, but I haven't cycled WOH either of the past two Wednesday's.
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Is that the Legendary @LonzoBallin ???...lord man its been forever since you have come out of hiding to post.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• LonzoBallinLonzoBallin Registered Users, Member 637 Posts
    LOL, hey @matt_sackett.  Yeah @DFBB said the same thing about a week ago.  I still read the forums daily (more like hourly), but there's enough experts here now that I rarely feel the need to input.  BTW...I think I read you got VIP, congrats!!
    Proud TSB VIP!
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    This is my team tm
    Is that a Spaceship in the Semien Pic? It looks like it to me.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @MoenPDC, at a quick glance, you will probably have some real trouble because you are so heavy on right-handed hitters.  I have skipped the last few Royale woh, but I remember them being dominated by right-handed pitchers in the last round.  L/R matchups and skills are the name of the game...
    When I had my all gold team I could not cycle royale. That’s what made me make the jump to platinum 🤷‍♂️
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @bayoubengal I am having that exact problem now, and thinking about going plat just to have higher rated hitters.
    edited August 2019
    For reference, my usual woh lineup is 7-L, 3-R, and 2-B.  All capped at g10, and all skills at 6.

I may be a bad example though, as all my hitters are prime, legend, or potm. 

Edit:. It can absolutely be done with bxp players, but matchups and skills matter more with them, than with higher-max primes, etc...
    This will be the first time I try royale with all p10 bxp players. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Ya I have three prime LH hitters I'm in the midst of leveling. Actually I have 6 more prime players that need to be leveled and that's NOT including pitchers. PXP is a real whore
    U almost at least 7 lefty’s for level 5 royale if it stays they way it has been. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I expect Royale pitchers to change here shortly.   But yeah level 5 difficulty is roughly on par with level 6 of HOF.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @navyjack77 I believe that’s the San Francisco Bay lol
    @Haraycaray It’s kinda hard to see, especially with my bad eyes. Still don’t see it, but I’ll take you word for it.
    That makes sense with the A’s and Giants series. I sure hope we see some Bash Brothers legends but we can’t be that lucky, right?
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    I have also skipped the last 2 Royale WOH. Players were not worth the grind.
    Need more Living Legends!
    If I could cycle it like classic on mondays I would.  Doesn’t matter the player. But the bxp that comes out of it.   It could be a 320 guy for all I cared honestly. To get 200k bxp I would do it 
    edited August 2019
    @MoenPDC, if the pxp mega deal box is available, buy as many as you reasonably can.  That is the best way to raise pxp, unless your club regularly places top 5, and you kill it in season mode.

Edit: if they are available today, wait for fan rewards, then use that gold spent to get to pxp rewards there.  They are usually at 5k and 30k, I think.  If you are short on gold, but can spend irl money, there are also usually some decent specials with that box in them.

If you are f2p, and low on gold, it is a tough road.  Bxp lefties with good skills will be your best friends...
  • 4SHIZZOMYRIZZO444SHIZZOMYRIZZO44 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Here is my WOH squad. Thoughts/ suggestions on what I need to do for beating HOF. All primes are at skills 8-9 except for Whit. 

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    annnnnnd once again 5.4 on its ridiculously tough for no reason.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I am not doing much of anything with WOH on Wednesdays anymore. It's a shame this is their best game mode they have to offer and have somehow found a way to make it suck too.

I have a lineup full of 400+ primes and can't get through it once without shelling out a bunch of gold. And for what reward? A 350 max blue xp player that has nearly zero value for bonus points.

No thanks...
    I just get through the first 4 levels for the cash for extra money on tournaments
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Jedd are you just getting **** by RNG?, my lineup is 350s outside of Contreras and 2 PotM and I’m 3 times through with no live boost and only video boosts for the last 4.  Just strange your lineup on average is 40 a guy higher and you struggling so much with it and I know you know how to set up your WoH lineup.  Oddities I guess.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @redlegs2018u It is like this every week since they increased the difficulty. I have every guy 400+ except for two guys - Monster Bell who is 380 and my one POTW who is 250 that I"m not even using. My 400+ guys with live boost and video are rated like 566 against the 277 rated pitchers and I lose often enough on one of the last 3 guys that I'm starting over nearly every time (and I'm not paying gold for a restart, so it's back to 5.1 every time). I probably have around a 50 percent success rate on 5.8, 5.9 and 5.10 with my 400+ bats with live boost and a video. Which means inevitably I lose one of the 3 final matches. Occasionally I'll get through with the video restart if I have it.

Don't know man... all my hitting upgrades are sitting on 84... can't think of anything else.