Diamond Season Mode - It CAN be done

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
Proof:

Comments

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    Noice
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    What's your secret?  Did you need a few D10 pitchers on your squad or does your team just mash?  My team strength is about 140K and I can't seem to win a game.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Do you just put in scrub pitchers, or scrub players all around? I'll have to change my team to the Astros as well. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY already outlined the path earlier. @retirepujols, there's a search button at the top right corner. :)

Also, congrats bud!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    LOL that’s funny the search box gets mentioned because I tried to search for that thread and couldn’t find it for some reason and felt kind of dumb creating a new one 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, a capped 420 max POTM Gerritt Cole and put in scrubs in your SUB and other SP positions then do an 80 boost and I didn’t even lose one game in the playoffs. Oh and yes, it helps if you change your team to the Astros haha.
    After being murdered by @DFBB I also tried to find that thread. I was unable to locate it as well @JEDDDOGGY , it's in exile. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I threw some stuff together and was able to nerf myself 25k down to 125k and beat Houston 3 out of 4 with a D8 Cole with 8/8.

So far so good 😁👍🏻

By the way, don't worry if you accidentally start a scrub against the Orioles 🤣
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Lmao. I just started a new season in platinum got spanked last season. My first team to play. You guessed it Orioles. Yes I am 4-0 in season😂😂😂😂
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I threw a couple bronze 1 players into my lineup as well.  I found if I had team strength around 100k I had no problems.  Perfect season won’t happen because I forget to put ace in sometimes.  Big thanks to jedddoggy for sharing this awhile back 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    It totally works.. trust the process lol
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    In a weird set of playoffs I drew the Angels, Brewers, and lmfao the worldbeating Royals in the finals....

@CanadaCubs Going to go out on a limb, but you must've had the O's on your schedule. haa
    @DFBB, 3 wins on the O’s!
    See! And people didn't think tsb was realistic! Lol
    @JEDDDOGGY Anytime someone in diamond wins the finals, I immediately ask, 'did you use jedi tricks?' Yeah, I'm lame...haha

"Jedi tricks" certainly work- all 5 losses were due to me forgetting to ice wrap my Ace. Let's see how the playoffs work 😬
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I had great success in the regular season by doing that and got blasted by Washington in the playoffs using 80 gold boost. Not sure how that happened but it wasn’t meant to be