Weekend Boxes

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    What is the verdugo skill 1/1
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • TheMadhatterTheMadhatter Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Couple pieces that could be nice to pull but with Players weekend in the league next week maybe we get something better then..? 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @bayoubengal It means that skill only kicks in on the one and one pitch.  I keed!  That would be awful.  I have no idea what it is.  Anyone?
    Just no.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I’m disappointed with the low levels of xp in the boxes. I’ll spend the 2500 gold to get the free ones but probably just playing tourneys and bonus games. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I'll buy a few veterans boxes, but too many second basemen in the Young Bucks box (had I known Arreaz would be good, I might have set my team up differently). 
    Good luck CC. I’ll be traveling Monday and that won’t happen for me
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I need @DFBB or another member of the sunshine brigade to convince me to spend on these boxes.  Because as it is, I don't see one guy worth the gold.  (Yes, the legends are nice, but none of them mash righties--which is what WOH requires--and besides, the amount of LXP available remains embarrassingly low.)
    See what this fan rewards is and then decide 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I can get a sweet dabbing Josh Donaldson at tier 6?!  Pssshh!  No thanks.
    Just no.  
    I spent the 2500 and got Cabrera twice. Yay! Can u sense the sarcasm 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    😬😁
    I really should have more strongly considered the odds of the veterans box. 
    5 purchased boxes: 
    1,050 pxp
    750 lxp
    1,050 pxp
    1,050 pxp
    750 lxp
    40k cash (fan reward @ 100g)
    2k bxp (fan reward @ 500g)
    10 Evo (fan reward @ 1000g)
    3 veterans boxes (fan reward @2500g)
    750 lxp
    DH Cabrera (second-lowest bonus hitter; useless beyond this weekend, barely more useful this weekend)
    1,350 bxp

To put this into context...the Indians won last night, and I got 2k pxp. I spent 1000g and got 2,100 pxp and I'm a Twins fan. 

• ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I am thankful the box is bad.  I am able to take the weekend off.  When I say bad, I mean it is the same as everything else.  Different names, same ratings and skills as other boxes.  Nothing new and exciting, odds are bad and xp is low.
    @Cooz19 I will match your 5 boxes and see what I get.  Let me get to office again 
    Good luck, @bayoubengal. I hope you're more dog and less fire hydrant than I was. 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @CanadaCubs, a whole lotta meh...

@Cooz19
    5 pulls on Veterans box
    1.  750 Lxp
    2.  1,050 Pxp
    3.  750 Lxp
    4. Miguel Cabrera 350 DH
    5.  1,350 Bxp
    Fan Rewards boxes
    1.  1,350 Bxp
    2.  1,050 Pxp
    3.  750 Lxp

Totals:
    Bxp - 2,700 + 1,757 (Miguel Trade)
    Pxp - 2,100
    Lxp - 2,250

I am glad I don't have to spend to much time on game this weekend. Except for Cvc
    Creepy how similar it is, @bayoubengal
    I shall never buy at 1:05 p.m. ET again, then, @CanadaCubs
    edited August 2019
    Oh, they were trying to make an entire LEAGUE out of Joc Pedersons. Joc and LeMahieu. I've gotten every LeMahieu there is, except for the super jacked up one they'll come out with come playoff time. I won't get him. I'll probably get Joc. 
    ps Only 1,000 gold away from being back where I started. Gambler's Fallacy is starting to take over...
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @Cooz19

I have to disagree about Tebow.  I’m a die-hard Broncos fan and watched every game he played.  Yes, I was a little over the top in saying he’s the absolute worst, but there aren’t many that have been worse.  With the running game Denver had that year and the complete lack of threat through the air, teams would stack 8 and 9 up front against Denver.  Tebow would have a blazing fast Demaryius Thomas, wide open down the sideline, no pressure in his face...and still either over or under throw Thomas on 80% of those throws.  Don’t even get me started on throws into traffic, never looking off DBs, and my favorite of Tebow’s deficiencies: throwing as hard as he could on a swing pass to the RB, when it should have been ANY other kind of throw besides a hard one!  Hahaha  It still makes my soul hurt just thinking about it.

Again, Tebow is a great person.  However, he is ONE of the absolute worst NFL QBs to ever suit up.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I relented and bought some veteran boxes and did at least pull Votto and capped him but yeah there’s a whole lot of meh in there if it wasn’t a favorite player on my favorite team scenario I probably don’t spend much if any this weekend due to the lack of a 400+ LHB prime for an eventual HoF WoH finisher.
    ^^^^ There isn't a "I'm pissed at you, but am happy for you" button, @redlegs2018u, but I'm clicking one in my head. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited August 2019
    While I agree the boxes are just more of the same, I very badly wanted a decent BXP catcher to level up to P10.  So when I saw Mejia (double RHP) in the boxes, that was my goal.  I bought enough boxes for the 2500 fan reward without landing him (did land Torres though).  I decided to buy 4 more boxes, and pulled Mejia on the 3rd.  Now I finally have a BXP catcher that was worth leveling to P10.
    @More2Most2First You have to admit you might have a bit of bias, considering you had to endure every one of those throws. Again, I'm not at all saying he was underrated, or better than people thought. There are many quarterbacks as deficient as he was. Lamar Jackson, for example, throws a nicer looking ball, but throws it about as inaccurately as Tebow did. They are both QBs who led their teams to the playoffs despite the nearly complete lack of ability to throw the ball down the field. Jackson's a better passer, but that's saying Canada is warmer than Russia. Most every backup I've seen is somewhere around Tebow's level, but they didn't have the ability to lead a ground-based rushing attack straight out of the 60s and have a great defense behind them. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    So being a Chiefs fan I have never Liked the Bronco's (my fantasy football name is teblowme), but considering who he beat with that throw I did cheer for him that day.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

@matt_sackett Funny you should mention that...I was just watching the first half of the Chiefs win over the Steelers last year. I'm not sure I've seen many Steelers games in which an opposing quarterback simply did whatever he wanted on the field like Mahomes did. It's not even fair. I felt like yelling at him in the fourth quarter to stop because the Steelers were already dead. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    30k spent 
    Dusty Baker
    Nelson Cruz 
    Edwin E
    Ryan Braun x4
    Miggy
    Votto x3
    CC sabitha 
    Sandy 
    Glyber Torres 
     Not a bad haul I got the two I was after dusty and Nelson. As they are only two that make my team on this list. Pretty satisfied 🙂
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    26 bonus players are now in place... isn't this ridiculously out of control?? 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I’ll take this stud anytime from a freebie!!!