Weekend Boxes

13Next

Comments

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Dumb as shit...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I don’t have a problem with the amount of bonus players..I have a problem with the low amounts of pxp and lxp I’m boxes. Used to I would level all primes even if they didn’t make my team and use them for bonus pts. Those days are gone I only level players that make my team 😐
    They had to lower the pxp to get you to chase the lxp and legends. Which begs the question; why even raise pxp rewards at all? Unless they were trying to get legends out before or around the time of the last update and missed the deadline.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    @mythicaldragon, you mean like this?  This is my current lineup for the event...

I did splurge to level CC, after his ERA was 12.00+ through 4 starts...
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Is it just me, or is Bellinger like a glass ceiling player? Huge power and hit, but with two skills that turn off for half of woh. So whatever elevated hit/pwr he has above other prime players, it's negated by the fact he won't bat with A skill in woh Royale 5.8-10, and only one skill in the rounds you'd hope to use a player like him for. 
    It's completely intentional and how things have gone all season. They prime you with those hit/power numbers and lame skills so when the good Bellinger comes out with same numbers but actually useful skills the whales are ready to give up their first calf...
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    10 Big Dreams boxes all BXP
    4 Veterans boxes all Bxp 
    @Tdub71 just like that! 😂 how are they doing for u at b1? I have 7 bonus players sitting ina I may try them out at b1. It’s just so unfortunate what this game has come to 😐
    I am getting about 200k/game (500k when CC starts), so ok, I guess...

This guy and Torres (.277) are the only ones hitting over .211... 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    I haven’t leveled any of my new guys yet. I’m waiting until the CvC bonus guys are announced then I decide who gets some XP
    Tks @Tdub71 I may try a few out at b1
    @mythicaldragon, I don't necessarily recommend it, at least if you are gold or higher.  These guys are lousy. Lol.

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    Spent 2500. Got these from the 9 boxes
    Encarnacion
    Cruz
    Sabathia
    Alcantara
    5x XP
    Alcantara will make my roster after event.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @Cooz19
    Well, that’s the thing, the only reason Tebow had any success was because of his defense and running game.  You could argue the same for Jackson last year, but at the end of the day, Jackson is still a better NFL QB than Tebow was.  There are many, many QBs in history that weren’t much better than Tebow, but they were still better, placing them in a category above Tebow, but below average.  Meanwhile, Tebow was literally Mike Alstott, but with an unbelievably inaccurate cannon for an arm.  He wasn’t a QB, he was a FB or TE at best, and that’s why he was one of the worst NFL QBs of all-time.
    @More2Most2First Again, I never claimed he was a good quarterback. And "Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Tim Tebow" is the best backhanded compliment I'll read today.

But getting into that would once again push this toward your insistence that I'm saying Tebow was good. Not saying that. There are plenty of QBs who are as bad as Tebow was. Hell, if anything, his lack of ability to throw the ball was evident in the fact he barely threw the ball (barely over 10 attempts a game). I don't understand the argument that "he was a fullback" (which makes absolutely no sense), therefore, he's one of the worst quarterbacks of all time. Maybe he was one of the worst quarterbacks of all time (although that reeks of recency bias). If he was, though, that group is probably 50 quarterbacks deep in the 2000s alone. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Tebow was obviously a below average QB, though definitely not the worst.  I think many blow that angle up because he was such a popular figure with a very strong following.  It didn’t hurt him that he was the backup to a very mediocre QB which afforded him the chance to play.  He was probably truly a 3rd or 4th round pick and would have lasted a lot longer if there wasn’t franchise QB media attention for a guy with backup/slight chance of fringe starter QB talent.  He obviously didn’t put up even average numbers but was able to conjure up 4th quarter drives which combined with that said strong following only polarized things even more.  It still kinda amuses me that he managed a playoff win when there are much better QBs who can’t seem to get there or lose when they do.  
    I am still trying to be productive in the event, without leveling players that will not make my roster after the event.  It has nuked my TS from 125k, down to 66k...

At this point, I may chase Mejia, just to complete the set...  I did get a double-pull on Torres...
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    As a Bronco fan I agree with all of you that he was a bad QB.  I do firmly believe if there wouldn’t have been the media circus around him like there was he would have been on a NFL roster as a backup somewhere for a lot longer than he was.  Maybe even today.  I don’t watch college football so I never saw him play in college.  I can only assume that he was semi more successful throwing the ball in college then he was in the NFL.  Meaning every other throw wasn’t at the wideouts feet.  And yes I do know that he was primarily a running QB and I assume that’s where most of his college success probably came from.  But to win a championship, the Heisman trophy and on all accounts a good locker room presence and leader I couldn’t imagine a NFL coach wouldn’t have wanted him as a 2-3 QB.  But the publicity killed his career.
    @8ball02, I couldn't agree more.  The media circus was absolutely the biggest issue.  He never had the skill-set to be even a mediocre starter long-term, but he was far from the worst QB to play, even in that timeframe. 

For my money Jamarcus Russell was the single worst QB of that generation.  No reasonable human ever expected Tebow to be a franchise QB, but Russell was supposed to be that guy, and was atrocious.
    "I do firmly believe if there wouldn’t have been the media circus around him like there was he would have been on a NFL roster as a backup somewhere for a lot longer than he was." This is very true. Look around the NFL today. Veterans with starting experience keep jobs for a very long time. Josh McCown retired, but just now signed a $2 million guaranteed contract with the Eagles. 

I would not say he was mechanically a better thrower in college. He got away with really poor mechanics because of the lesser skill of competition. I think there were things you'd really like about him, but all of that amounted into what's usually a 5th or 6th round pick. He absolutely should not have been a first-round pick, and that's the huge reason the Broncos, after less than two seasons after giving him total say over all football matters, fired McDaniels. 

It's impossible to separate Tebow-Mania from his story, but from a purely football perspective, he might have lasted in a role sort of like what the Jets (with horrendously poor coaching and management) tried to do with him. But he drew way too much attention, and that's not what you need for your team when you're 3-13 consistently. I'd even argue the Jets were dumb to try. It's not a coincidence every coach who drafted him, started him or traded for him (McDaniels, Fox and Rex) was fired soon after it. 
    I follow the NCAA much close than the NFL, and, as a UGA fan, suffered greatly during the Tebow years...  He was billed as the savior of Gator football before he even touched the field in a game.  The media circus only built from there...   

Urban Meyer had the PERFECT plan for his use from day 1, but nobody ever taught him how to be an actual QB.
  • BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    I spent 42k gold on the young guns boxes .... really wanted Bo.... anyway finally got him and noticed there appears to be a extra hidden percent pull rate between 390-400 primes and 420 primes. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @Cooz19
    I meant he would have actually been an above average full back or tight end, if he was willing to try that.  I also understand you don’t think he was good.  I just want to make sure you understand just how awful he was.  Yes, there probably are a group of 50 QBs in the last 20 years that matched his poor performance, when looking at the numbers.  The difference is, most of those QBs had a crap O-line, no running game, and not much or zero weapons to throw to.  Tebow had a very good O-line, excellent running game, and Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, and Eddie Royal to target in the passing game...again, ONE of the WORST QBs in NFL history.

Now, I promise I will let you get the last word, if you respond again!  😁
    "I meant he would have actually been an above average full back or tight end, if he was willing to try that." -- Played h-back with the Jets and Patriots. Jets cut him after trading for him. Didn't even make the Pats.  I understand he's bigger and he's white, but that doesn't automatically mean he would have been a great blocking back or tight end (where he would have been tiny). 

"
    I just want to make sure you understand just how awful he was." -- Oh, I'm well-aware. My bar is set at Johnny Manziel and Christian Hackenberg, though. 

"Brandon Lloyd, Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, and Eddie Royal to target in the passing game..." -- I mean...c'mon...that's not a monster group, man. D. Thomas in his prime, yes. Decker was alright, but not a high-level dude. Lloyd and Royal were JAGs (Just a Guy). J. Thomas is a rich JAG. 

No last word needed or anything. I like talkin' football as I'm crushing double-gold videos.